Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/13/2017 at 2:53 PM, mfitz804 said:

Knew you'd be all over those if they were available. Too bad. 

I would have, even though I would have hated it too.  To put a patch out for what was essentially a guy skating around in warmups is beyond silly and a pure money move.  He is my favorite player so I definitely would have been suckered in to buy one, but at least that opportunity is gone and I can put the money aside to something else.  Basically it saved me from spending money on something I would have hated.

However you can bet I will be buying one of his retirement night game worn jerseys this upcoming season.

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I would have, even though I would have hated it too.  To put a patch out for what was essentially a guy skating around in warmups is beyond silly and a pure money move.  He is my favorite player so I definitely would have been suckered in to buy one, but at least that opportunity is gone and I can put the money aside to something else.  Basically it saved me from spending money on something I would have hated.

However you can bet I will be buying one of his retirement night game worn jerseys this upcoming season.

I guess, if they gifted them to the players and didn't sell them, it wasn't a money move. 

My plan is to be at that game. We'll see if that plan changes. I haven't been to any of the jersey retirement games so far, I should be at this one. 

2 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Inaugural Sharks Brand New !

Second season Sharks..Inaugural season woth have the 75th Anniversary..Still an awesome jersey though!

Edited by MIGHTY-DUCKS8

Tom Barrasso Pittsburgh Penguins 1999-2000 Road Set #1 Game Worn Jersey

https://imgur.com/gallery/8HBP5

That's dope. One of the best American goalies ever. Shortened sleeves too. Did they add material in the elbows?

Is it just me or does it seem super long? That's interesting. I wonder if that was a custom job that Barrasso asked for.

12 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That's dope. One of the best American goalies ever. Shortened sleeves too. Did they add material in the elbows?

Is it just me or does it seem super long? That's interesting. I wonder if that was a custom job that Barrasso asked for.

Could it just look long because it has half sleeves?

1 hour ago, vsxeworkingclass said:

That's a beauty. I passed on it at the time and regret it. Congrats!

Part of me feels like the maroon used was lighter than it should be compared to the gamers I've seen but maybe I'm just being picky. 

Edited by rattlestar

On 4/5/2017 at 0:15 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Did you ship that to them or drop it off?

Sorry late replies. I shipped them in. The turn around time is usually less than 4 weeks. Especially now that it is the offseason you might find yourself getting the jerseys back within 2 weeks. 

On 4/5/2017 at 8:26 PM, EMkicks said:

I have been meaning to take some '08-'13 jerseys to Blake's but have not had the time to drive over to the shop. Mind me asking what the price was for his services?

That 100 year anniversary patch will forever remind me of the most disappointing year in team history. Smh

Sorry late replies. It was such a dissapointing year for us. I didn't think we'd be anything close to last year but I expected at the very least to still be watching Stars hockey at this time of year. 

It cost me $55 USD plus $10 return shipping for the Spezza jersey. I think his prices has gone up because I remember him charging $55 for the 08-13 jerseys when I had them done. 08-13 jerseys are 2 layered. Let me know what he ends up charging you when you drop them off, I'm curious. I also wouldn't let any other customizer do the 08-13 jerseys besides Blake's. The on ice font sizing is so odd for those jerseys. The 'A' and 'C' captaincy letters for example are not the same size as the nameplate letters. 

8 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

That's a beauty. I passed on it at the time and regret it. Congrats!

Thanks, bud! I love it.

10 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I'll try to get some more detailed pics of the inside later today.

Beautiful Sens jersey. I really like that logo... I'm not sure how well-received it was in the 1990's, but I think today it looks great. 

That's the nicest style they've ever worn. Not many teams have really ever pulled off the reverse contrast look on their numbers but it worked for them very well.

21 hours ago, rattlestar said:

Sorry late replies. I shipped them in. The turn around time is usually less than 4 weeks. Especially now that it is the offseason you might find yourself getting the jerseys back within 2 weeks.

What form of payment do they take?

21 hours ago, rattlestar said:

I also wouldn't let any other customizer do the 08-13 jerseys besides Blake's.

I would hope so, considering they've been the Stars' sole customizer since the team moved from Minnesota.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:47 PM, vsxeworkingclass said:

That's just awesome...great find!

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Maybe you already have one?  Better check the archives!

That's a good candidate for the Jersey glossary.  You have so many jerseys that you accidentally buy a jersey and find out you already own one of the same kind :P

Maybe a twist on the word Multiplicity or Duplication.  Jersiplicity? 

Edited by jsh139