It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Numbers look a little off, and the nameplate material looks like a different mesh, but still a nice pickup. 

Not sure where that crest came from, though. That's the second CCM mesh (the other also a Howe, ironically, that @cowboys used to own) with those curved wings. I've never seen a gamer with that crest, but my pre-1990 Flyers knowledge is a little spotty. 

Maybe @rob77ta can chime in if he comes on sometime. 

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even noticed the pointiness / curviness of the wings on the crest until you mentioned it... It does not appear to be 'on-ice' exact compared to anything. Still, not as bad as this:

Image result for peterborough pirates jersey

My hometown team used to use a direct rip-off of the flyers logo, but were forced to switch it to this due to trademark issues.

I wondered if the jersey I got might be from some affiliate team or something, but it seems more likely that either CCM didn't pay too much attention to making retail jersey crests match, or that it is an after-market crest. Although I'm just guessing...

Edited by Ash

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Ha! That is a ripoff indeed.

Here's the other one with the curved crest.  I've seen it before, just not sure they ever used it on-ice: http://www.ebay.com/itm/322224772156

That was mine 

28 minutes ago, cjerina said:

Looks like the jersey was originally a double-digit number, based on the stitch-holes visible in the twill of the fight strap.

BD73D426-827A-40ED-8CAA-D787F8AD9B65_zps

Nice detective work!!

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

Looks like the jersey was originally a double-digit number, based on the stitch-holes visible in the twill of the fight strap.

Great spot! Thanks. I tried to work out what the numbers may have been, but there's not enough of a stitch imprint on the mesh material to tell. Makes sense though, as it definitely had a different, longer, nameplate at some stage...

Back from EPS... Quad Patch jersey FTW!

I wasn't a fan of the All Star jerseys this year, but figured this was a pretty cool way to honor Wayne Simmonds' MVP of the All Star Game. My first Simmer jersey too.

IMG_1428_zpskihjmvqc.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsuolptzz0.jpg

3 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I wasn't a fan of the All Star jerseys this year, but figured this was a pretty cool way to honor Wayne Simmonds' MVP of the All Star Game. My first Simmer jersey too.

IMG_1428_zpskihjmvqc.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsuolptzz0.jpg

Where did you find the Skills Comp patch??

2 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

Where did you find the Skills Comp patch??

EPS has (or at least had) them. I think they still have some left, but I'm not positive. And since they did the Skills Comp jerseys, the font being slightly off from what the Flyers wear (barely noticeable) is actually technically correct.

3 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

There are boy scouts out there who have less badges than that.

46EC94CE-93F6-4FB8-8173-215B351E5A64_zps

5 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Unless my memory is not serving me well, but that has to be the most patches I have seen on an NHL jersey (that was actually used by the players)

It arrived today. I'm so happy with Keener's job, the etching on the lettering is simply ??. The Kings lettering is so hard to get accurately when it's not Bobcat, but Keener seems to have found a way. 

IMG_2713_zpshguti9uj.jpg

IMG_2714_zpslf4gcts3.jpg

IMG_2715_zpswqmx2bwh.jpg

IMG_2716_zpsoziaavlx.jpg

Few back from Keener today!  Extremely pleased with the turnouts!  For some of the Flyers fans out there that wondered about it, I think he knocked it out of the park!  Big thanks to Hockey Bob as well for helping me find the Hawks and USA!

IMG_7056_zpsltao5szd.jpg

IMG_7078_zpsoawkwhyd.jpg

IMG_7066_zpsfgg1euqi.jpg

IMG_7063_zpsyhyrb40g.jpg

IMG_7070_zpsxvemcnza.jpg

IMG_7068_zpsvwmumgvm.jpg

IMG_7074_zpstd6fmig3.jpg

IMG_7071_zpscd5w9s7l.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

Nice haul.  That Roenick Flyers looks good at first glance.  Numbers look good and the font is the correct pre-lockout.  Does Keener supply nameplates for the older stuff or did you have to source your own?

Been waiting a while for Mfitz to decide he was changing the focus of his collection again so I could snag this from him.

20170515_184822.jpg20170515_184859.jpg

44 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Nice haul.  That Roenick Flyers looks good at first glance.  Numbers look good and the font is the correct pre-lockout.  Does Keener supply nameplates for the older stuff or did you have to source your own?

Keener has all air knit and all ultrafil that i have needed. He even had Starter mesh nameplates for the Av's.

Edited by Hawks2797

That wasn't so much a change of focus as a "why did I buy a jersey that doesn't fit and I won't wear".  But in any event, it's got a better home now.