It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome Spits jersey! I'd love to get one of the Mem Cup commemorative jerseys they wore the other night. I'd even settle for a team issued. 

Picked up my first ever CCM big block ultrafil jersey (did I say that right?) tonight off Kijiji.

As you can see, it is autographed (by Keith Tkachuk) and I'd like to remove it before I bring the jersey to Keener to get customized. Does anyone have any good tips?

Thanks in advance.image_3.jpeg

Step one...liquid hand sanitizer (Purell). The alcohol content is pretty effective at removing ink and there's no chance of damage to the fabric. I work it in with a soft toothbrush. Then rinse it out. 

Next step, I believe, is acetone or Goof Off, but I'll leave that advice to others as I've never used them. 

You can also buy some stuff called Amodex. Its a ink & stain remover. It works great on removing sharpie marks. I actual just use my fingernail to get it into the fabric. Acetone works good at removing anything left over. 

I went on a little bit of a jersey binge lately...I will start with the jerseys I got back from the EPS sale:

1989-90 Ron Francis Hartford Whalers Away Jersey Front (I forgot to ask to add the captain's 'C' so Kenner is making one for me)

1989-90 Ron Francis Hartford Whalers Away Jersey Front1989-90 Ron Francis Hartford Whalers Away Jersey Back

2000-01 Patrick Marleau San Jose Sharks Home Jersey Front (This will get the 10th anniversary patch soon)

2000-01 Patrick Marleau San Jose Sharks Home Jersey Front2000-01 Patrick Marleau San Jose Sharks Home Jersey Back

2005-06 Joe Nieuwendyk Florida Panthers Home Jersey 

2005-06 Joe Nieuwendyk Florida Panthers Home Jersey Front2005-06 Joe Nieuwendyk Florida Panthers Home Jersey Back

2005-06 Henrik Sedin Vancouver Canucks Home Jersey 

2005-06 Henrik Sedin Vancouver Canucks Home Jersey Front2005-06 Henrik Sedin Vancouver Canucks Home Jersey Back

Just received my Zuccarello Heritage Edge 2.0 jersey from the CoolHockey sale. Their customization is pretty reasonable, especially considering it was free. The outer layer of the numbers is a drop thinner than it should be, but is only noticeable if I hold it next to one of my gamers.  Just called Arenawear and they are going to mail me a set of the retired numbers that I am going to iron on myself. They are the absolute nicest to deal with.

And now my eBay purchases...

1991-92 Scott King Detroit Red Wings Away Jersey (Possible Game Worn jersey)  If I can prove this was a game worn jersey I will keep it as is, if not, I will probably convert into a 1989-90 Steve Yzerman Jersey.

1991-92 Scott King Detroit Red Wings Away Jersey Front1991-92 Scott King Detroit Red Wings Away Jersey Back1991-92 Scott King Detroit Red Wings Away Jersey Picture

1991-92 Montreal Canadiens TBTC Jersey (This is going to become a Denis Savard jersey)

1991-92 Montreal Canadiens TBTC Jersey Front

1993-94 San Jose Sharks Away Jersey (This will soon become a Sergei Makarov #24 )

1993-94 San Jose Sharks Away Jersey Front

2015-16 Derek Hulak Dallas Stars Game Issued Home Jersey (I am probably going to make this into a Patrick Sharp #10)

2015-16 Derek Hulak Dallas Stars Game Issued Home Jersey Front2015-16 Derek Hulak Dallas Stars Game Issued Home Jersey Back

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

And now my eBay purchases...

1991-92 Scott King Detroit Red Wings Away Jersey (Possible Game Worn jersey)  If I can prove this was a game worn jersey I will keep it as is, if not, I will probably convert into a 1989-90 Steve Yzerman Jersey.

1991-92 Scott King Detroit Red Wings Away Jersey Front

That does look rather like a goalie-cut jersey.  Assuming the 75th patch is original, I'm inclined to think that's at least game-issued, and quite possibly the exact jersey that's in the game photo.  There isn't any Eastside Sports tagging anywhere, is there?  Even if there is no such tagging, chances are they might not have bothered to put it on a jersey that might have been a rush job, and used just for a few minutes in a single game.

57 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That does look rather like a goalie-cut jersey.  Assuming the 75th patch is original, I'm inclined to think that's at least game-issued, and quite possibly the exact jersey that's in the game photo.  There isn't any Eastside Sports tagging anywhere, is there?  Even if there is no such tagging, chances are they might not have bothered to put it on a jersey that might have been a rush job, and used just for a few minutes in a single game.

Having just looked at a picture of one of my size 56 Ultrafil jerseys laid out in similar position, I am inclined to agree that those sleeves look like they are wider goalie cut sleeves. 

And, as it probably was an emergency situation or at least a "we need a jersey quick" situation, the lack of Eastside tagging wouldn't be surprising. 

You might have scored yourself a little better something than you thought. 

Got these back from EPS today.

1997-98 Paul Coffey alternate

rN5CmbR.jpg

Zs7zP8u.jpg

1996-97 Renberg road with SCF patch

dEnr6xs.jpg

zC0PCCe.jpg

Psyched to complete my Legion of Doom!

mFtzz8I.jpg

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Got these back from EPS today.

1997-98 Paul Coffey alternate

rN5CmbR.jpg

Zs7zP8u.jpg

1996-97 Renberg road with SCF patch

dEnr6xs.jpg

zC0PCCe.jpg

Psyched to complete my Legion of Doom!

mFtzz8I.jpg

Great pick ups I see EPS can do flyers jerseys 

2 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Great pick ups I see EPS can do flyers jerseys 

Thanks! Yup, I can confidently say that these turned out pretty much perfect.  The nameplates are cropped a tiny little bit tighter than Ruberti's, but there is such a variation on nameplate height on gamers that I'm not concerned.  The font and numbers are what really matter to me and they nailed them.

This one, from eBay. How's the customization look, aside from the airknit nameplate?

23FF3FB0-74EB-4011-B6B3-8952E1593BF5_zps

1B709A7E-E362-4411-A511-1D906B5466D9_zps