It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Got this in the other day and very happy about it.  Dave Andreychuk 96-97 Red Set 1 game worn jersey.  Used to own this one but sold it one year ago.  When it was made available again I jumped to get this back as I regretted selling it.  Very happy with it and pretty good wear on this jersey.  The jersey is stamped 95-96 playoff set, but since the Devils missed the playoffs in 95-96 on the last game of the year, they just recycled these to be used as set 1 for the 96-97 season.

34594268633_751c925298_c.jpg

34594268783_9a72e26c59_c.jpg

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Always love seeing your new pickups, the new one hanging in front of a rack full of your previous ones. 

But your lack of matching hangers drives me insane. That's the kind of sicko I am, if anyone was wondering.

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Always love seeing your new pickups, the new one hanging in front of a rack full of your previous ones. 

But your lack of matching hangers drives me insane. That's the kind of sicko I am, if anyone was wondering.

I hear ya.  I bought an extra box at costco just so I could go through the collection and make sure they were all hung on the same type. 

I've noticed that the Admirals rarely put the Brewers patch on straight.  I'm putting one together, and I'm trying to figure out how far to rotate it to make it look authentically sloppy. 

15 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I've noticed that the Admirals rarely put the Brewers patch on straight.  I'm putting one together, and I'm trying to figure out how far to rotate it to make it look authentically sloppy. 

Depends on the year/equipment manager. 2006-2010 was pretty good, then it just got markedly drunker to the point we're at now.

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've got about 25 of the best wooden hangers that don't have the little nubs cut in the ends. Never been able to find more - all my good jerseys are on there and the lesser ones are on different wooden hangers. 

This bothers me to no end

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

lol I've actually been toying with the idea of getting high quality matching hangers for the past few months.  The cost is what's keeping me from doing it as to me they are just hangers.  I will probably do it but start with about 5-10 at a time every month.

Oh yeah, hangers have to match.  All authentics/GW go on wooden hangers.  Replicas and tshirts on plastic.

I use these from Target.  24-pack for $15.99.

2tZju6s.jpg

G6Cm9XU.jpg

28 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Oh yeah, hangers have to match.  All authentics/GW go on wooden hangers.  Replicas and tshirts on plastic.

2tZju6s.jpg

G6Cm9XU.jpg

24-pack for $15.99 for wooden hangers?  That's a lot better than what I saw where I was seeing 6 hangers for the same price.

26 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Do those have non-slip shoulders?  I moved away from wood hangers because jerseys kept slipping around, or even completely off.  That Lemieux I just posted was a major offender...

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Do those have non-slip shoulders?  I moved away from wood hangers because jerseys kept slipping around, or even completely off.  That Lemieux I just posted was a major offender...

No, they do not.  So, you'll get the same slippage as with a plastic hanger.  But, when your jerseys are packed together they typically don't slip anyway.  I've never had a jersey slip off, but they will shift a little with movement.  Also, these hangers are a little wider than the typical 25 cent plastic ones.

I actually don't like those non-slip hangers (the velvet ones that MFitz uses) because the jerseys are impossible to get on and off.

45 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I actually don't like those non-slip hangers (the velvet ones that MFitz uses) because the jerseys are "impossible" to get on and off.

Yup, I just leave them sticking out the back of the neck while I'm wearing my jerseys. Makes it quicker to hang them back up too!!

:)

Those wooden hangers look great, IF you have the closet space, because those type generally take up more space, which is why I prefer the velvet slim profile ones. Still plenty wide and they hold a jersey very nicely, but you can fit more of them into a smaller closet. 

Now I gotta stop into Target later this week and study their hanger department.  I believe the local Target to me is located in the Hanger district of my town.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Now I gotta stop into Target later this week and study their hanger department.  I believe the local Target to me is located in the Hanger district of my town.

Anyone else sensing another restraining order in the future? 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone else sensing another restraining order in the future? 

I'm already the guy there that buys lots of 2.5 gallon ziplock storage bags.  They probably think I am doing something nefarious but in reality it's for shipping jerseys.

What's worse is that I think I would rather have them think I am doing something nefarious than telling them the embarrassing truth.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

I'm already the guy there that buys lots of 2.5 gallon ziplock storage bags.  They probably think I am doing something nefarious but in reality it's for shipping jerseys.

What's worse is that I think I would rather have them think I am doing something nefarious than telling them the embarrassing truth.

You know my story about those, right?? :)

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

You know my story about those, right?? :)

lol no, or at least I don't remember.  What happened?

I'm in Target like 10 times a week so I know most of the cashiers. Three times, I have had a cashier ask me why I am buying so many 2.5 gallon ziplock bags (usually buy 3 boxes at a time, just to make myself extra weird). 

I looked each one dead in the face and as seriously as I could, I replied: "They're the perfect size for a human head". 

Try it, its so much fun!!

P.S. One cashier took issue, stating that the opening was probably not big enough for an average adult's head. Maybe for children's heads...I haven't seen that guy since. 

P.P.S. Don't bother, they definitely fit on an adult's head lol. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm in Target like 10 times a week so I know most of the cashiers. Three times, I have had a cashier ask me why I am buying so many 2.5 gallon ziplock bags (usually buy 3 boxes at a time, just to make myself extra weird). 

I looked each one dead in the face and as seriously as I could, I replied: "They're the perfect size for a human head". 

Try it, its so much fun!!

P.S. One cashier took issue, stating that the opening was probably not big enough for an average adult's head. Maybe for children's heads...I haven't seen that guy since. 

P.P.S. Don't bother, they definitely fit on an adult's head lol. 

haha nice

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Those wooden hangers look great, IF you have the closet space, because those type generally take up more space, which is why I prefer the velvet slim profile ones. Still plenty wide and they hold a jersey very nicely, but you can fit more of them into a smaller closet. 

Yeah, they do take up a little more room.  The velvet ones are so super-clingy.  I feel like I'm pilling up the inside of the jersey each time I take one on or off.  Guess I could slip them up the bottom. I also found that the velvet ones (at least the ones we have at home) aren't very sturdy and they bend inward a little from the weight of the jerseys.

I have never had those problems with any of mine. That being said, I did buy the "good" version of those hangers, which was probably a little more money.

Man you guys go nuts for hangars.  I just use these.  Good enough for crappy Leafs jerseys.

999999-61648201105.jpg