Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2017-06-19 at 4:53 PM, TMLFAN said:

Man you guys go nuts for hangars.  I just use these.  Good enough for crappy Leafs jerseys.

999999-61648201105.jpg

35624359846_3c08fab182_z.jpgimg_2153 by J Minke, on Flickr

I missed out on the hanger talk.  I use all wire hangers from the dollar store.  They are colour coded Black, white, dark blue, gray, green, gold, and the 2 thicker guage silver and platinum.  I match the color to the jersey. Gold is for game worn and the thicker gauge are for the special, probably won't sell ones.

On July 1, 2017 at 11:51 PM, JJM4 said:

35624359846_3c08fab182_z.jpgimg_2153 by J Minke, on Flickr

I missed out on the hanger talk.  I use all wire hangers from the dollar store.  They are colour coded Black, white, dark blue, gray, green, gold, and the 2 thicker guage silver and platinum.  I match the color to the jersey. Gold is for game worn and the thicker gauge are for the special, probably won't sell ones.

Id recommend you dont use wire. They will create stretch issues if you have them hanging for long term and the metal can even cause discoloration over time. You need a very thick gauge to get away with it. I recommend thick plastic rounded hangers. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20197086/

4 for $.39.  Strong and thin, easily holds the weight of a jersey without the bending of plastic tube hangars, and rounded edges keep the shoulders shaped nicely.

4 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20197086/

4 for $.39.  Strong and thin, easily holds the weight of a jersey without the bending of plastic tube hangars, and rounded edges keep the shoulders shaped nicely.

You're only supposed to use those for jerseys of Swedish players, I believe. 

I have gotten some jerseys competed through Keener:

1991-92 Denis Savard Montreal Canadiens TBTC Jersey Size 52

This is going into the vault (unless a Blackhawks TBTC is offered).

1991-92 Denis Savard Montreal Canadiens TBTC Jersey Front1991-92 Denis Savard Montreal Canadiens TBTC Jersey Back

1993-94 Sergei Makarov San Jose Sharks Away Jersey Size 52 with "Phantom" 1995 All Star Patch.

The story behind this patch is the last set of 1994 jerseys worn were going to be recycled and used as the first set of the 1994-95 season and this patch was added. However, the start of the season was delayed because of the lock out, and they didn't play the All-Star game in 1995.  Since the game was not played, San Jose hosted in 1997.

1993-94 Sergei Makarov San Jose Sharks Away Jersey Front1993-94 Sergei Makarov San Jose Sharks Away Jersey Back1993-94 Sergei Makarov San Jose Sharks 1995 "Phantom" All-Star Patch

2003-04 Daniel Briere Buffalo Sabres Alternate Jersey Size 52

This one is missing the alternate captain "A", but it will be getting it added very soon.

2003-04 Daniel Briere Buffalo Sabres Alternate Jersey FrontDSC01507

Edited by spudrock512

On 7/4/2017 at 9:16 AM, spudrock512 said:

1991-92 Denis Savard Montreal Canadiens TBTC Jersey Size 52

That is a killer Savard!

Long time lurker, 1st time poster!  Thought I'd better start sharing!  Here's 2 of my most recent additions!

Jim Cummins Alumni game recreation

34631686435_6c08f78b74_z.jpg

34245876760_6dc57feaf7_z.jpg

And a full authentic team Canada issue Winnipeg Falcons jersey.  Size 58, Nike barcode on hem, and heat press twill name on a matching Nike nameplate.

35757355715_21098e7956_z.jpg

35757352925_51a934bbe9_z.jpg

Will share more as they arrive!

Edited by lankyman01
Links

3 hours ago, lankyman01 said:

And a full authentic team Canada issue Winnipeg Falcons jersey.  Size 58, Nike barcode on hem, and heat press twill name on a matching Nike nameplate.

Had me one of those once, but didn't really fit in my collection so I sold it.  They are real beauties though

3 hours ago, lankyman01 said:

Long time lurker, 1st time poster!  Thought I'd better start sharing!  Here's 2 of my most recent additions!

35757355715_21098e7956_z.jpg

Give that thing a little steam.  Looks like it was shipped in a stuff sack.  Beautiful jersey tho.

I love that style, had a XXL replica but wasn't thrilled with the cut, it was too short. Or I'm too tall. 

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

I have an XL and it's perfect :P

Then you must be built like an Ewok. 

Good morning.  Picked up a couple in a trade with @flyhighguys94.

2016 WCOH Team North America, Shayne Gostisbehere.  I have an SAP patch that will be applied in the future.

vGytXAf.jpg

tCKXu26.jpg

2008-09 Phantoms Mike Ratchuk with Spectrum patch.  I'll most likely be stripping this and doing it up as a Giroux if I can find a Toyota patch and an Edge nameplate.

TusxLpN.jpg

kSF7Vop.jpg

Thanks Kurt!

56 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

2008-09 Phantoms Mike Ratchuk with Spectrum patch.  I'll most likely be stripping this and doing it up as a Giroux if I can find a Toyota patch and an Edge nameplate.

TusxLpN.jpg

Thanks Kurt!

FYI, that Spectrum patch is the same as the ones they wore. That's one that was sold sort of as "memorabilia" that's close to what was worn, but has some noticeable differences.

https://shibevintagesports.com/blogs/news/6012806-a-full-spectrum-of-memories-and-patches

Edited by dsl135

The Giroux picture you posted in the Nameplates thread shows the white bordered patch with "America's Showplace" in one line instead of two, so I think dsl is saying it's not the same patch.

I had one of those Winnipeg Falcons jerseys forever and then sold it for something else. I still kinda regret that. Those things are so effing gorgeous.