Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, dsl135 said:

FYI, that Spectrum patch is the same as the ones they wore. That's one that was sold sort of as "memorabilia" that's close to what was worn, but has some noticeable differences.

https://shibevintagesports.com/blogs/news/6012806-a-full-spectrum-of-memories-and-patches

One just sold on one of the FB groups.

Just got in some new ones from Keener:

1980/81 Mike Bossy Islanders road.  This one took me over a year to complete, as I needed to find another identical jersey to provide a new crest (since the original one was quite wrinkled and the individual crest layers had shrunk unevenly over time), as well as matching mesh nameplate material.

During my research, I found out that the Islanders used at least 3 different fonts during the 1980/81 season, so I selected the one used in the playoffs when the Isles won their second Cup.  Keener completely nailed the font, and I am super pleased with how it turned out.  This jersey is around 37 years old, but with a fresh crest and lettering it looks almost brand new!

NYI_1980/81_Bossy_R_fNYI_1980/81_Bossy_R_r

1986/87 Wendel Clark Leafs home:

TOR_1986/87_Clark_H_fTOR_1986/87_Clark_H_r

1989/90 Jim Fox Kings home.  Fox spent nearly his entire Kings career wearing the purple and golds, but in his last season he used the black and white Chevys for only 11 games before he called it quits.  It took me around 3 years to find a big block CCM in my size without the NHL shield!

LAK_1989/90_Fox_H_fLAK_1989/90_Fox_H_r

More additions to the Luc Robitaille collection:

1987/88 airknit Kings road.  Finally found an original in a size I could use, after 4 years of searching!  Super stoked to find this one!

LAK_1987/88_Robitaille_R_fLAK_1987/88_Robitaille_R_r

1993 All-Star Game:

ASG_1993_CAM_Robitaille_fASG_1993_CAM_Robitaille_r

1995/96 Rangers home.  I already had one of these done by EPS, but the letters had come out a bit too thick, and didn't have that authentic Cosby look.  Keener did a nice job with the skinnier letters:

NYR_1995/96_Robitaille_H_fNYR_1995/96_Robitaille_H_r

2003/04 Kings Vintage home alternate:

LAK_2003/04_Robitaille_VT_fLAK_2003/04_Robitaille_VT_r

Edited by LAK74

On 7/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, jsh139 said:

You mean to say it is not the same as the ones they wore?

My bad. Yea, I was saying it's not the same.

9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Just got in some new ones from Keener:

1980/81 Mike Bossy Islanders road.  This one took me over a year to complete, as I needed to find another identical jersey to provide a new crest (since the original one was quite wrinkled and the individual crest layers had shrunk unevenly over time), as well as matching mesh nameplate material.

During my research, I found out that the Islanders used at least 3 different fonts during the 1980/81 season, so I selected the one used in the playoffs when the Isles won their second Cup.  Keener completely nailed the font, and I am super pleased with how it turned out.  This jersey is around 37 years old, but with a fresh crest and lettering it looks almost brand new!

NYI_1980/81_Bossy_R_fNYI_1980/81_Bossy_R_r

1986/87 Wendel Clark Leafs home:

TOR_1986/87_Clark_H_fTOR_1986/87_Clark_H_r

1989/90 Jim Fox Kings home.  Fox spent nearly his entire Kings career wearing the purple and golds, but in his last season he used the black and white Chevys for only 11 games before he called it quits.  It took me around 3 years to find a big block CCM in my size without the NHL shield!

LAK_1989/90_Fox_H_fLAK_1989/90_Fox_H_r

Love the Clark, if you ever sell it ;)

Fresh off of the truck, a gamers double of Yotes and Bolts - Evan Bloodoff and Brett McLean. 

Am I the only nerd that keeps his MeiGray boxes and ships them along when I sell the jersey?  Even when the MGG folder and COA are present I never seem to get any boxes passed along.  Not a big deal, just wondering if they get tossed out or where they go.

IMG_0632_zps2g5n8mpp.jpg

IMG_0630_zps2pjxyyvn.jpg

Edited by L2A3

Wow, love the Bossy!  Been looking for a road Islanders forever.

The Clark is awesome with the patches!

Great Robitailles as well, especially the purple and gold!

I already had this jersey but I sent it back to get it upgraded with the 2017 SCF patch and the centennial. Also, my 'C' was at the wrong spot so I got that fixed as well. What a beauty. 

IMG_2975_zpsb8l5wjjo.jpg

IMG_2977_zps5ne42hv9.jpg

IMG_2978_zpsluybjwdi.jpg

Ugh. 

Take 2. 

HtYB3S.jpg

ucdcbg.jpg

hy7kQi.jpg

Ugh is right...

LOL, just kidding. I do love that Pens style.

20 hours ago, L2A3 said:

Am I the only nerd that keeps his MeiGray boxes and ships them along when I sell the jersey?  Even when the MGG folder and COA are present I never seem to get any boxes passed along.  Not a big deal, just wondering if they get tossed out or where they go.

No, I've still got the boxes from the two gamers I've gotten directly from MeiGray just in case. I'll continue to do so when I acquire more from them. 

19 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Good to see photobucket sucks for other people too!

What are other folks using? ImageShack will only give me 30 days free. 

I just switched to Flickr, and to me it's way better than Photobucket.

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

No, I've still got the boxes from the two gamers I've gotten directly from MeiGray just in case. I'll continue to do so when I acquire more from them. 

I re-use them but I do t hold onto them like they are part of the jersey. If I have a jersey and LOA and someone refuses to buy it because I do t have a MeiGray box, they arent allowed to buy my stuff anyway. 

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I re-use them but I do t hold onto them like they are part of the jersey. If I have a jersey and LOA and someone refuses to buy it because I do t have a MeiGray box, they arent allowed to buy my stuff anyway. 

By the looks of your for sale thread, no one buys your stuff ;) x

On 7/10/2017 at 6:39 AM, jsh139 said:

LAK just came in here like

Awesome pick-ups, man.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, cowboys said:

LAK great haul

16 hours ago, The Next One said:

Wow, love the Bossy!  Been looking for a road Islanders forever.

15 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

That Clark makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!

On 7/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Love the Clark, if you ever sell it ;)

DJ, thanks, but I don't think you'll want this one, it's a size 46!  :P

LAK - that '93 ASG... AND a size 44.  :o  I have just started my search for that jersey here in the past couple of months. Looking for a blank to have sent out to Keener. 

Looking forward to having a kit applied to my newest purchase. 

35026217834_73445840a2_c.jpg91Canada Cup_usa 

Edited by EMkicks

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I just switched to Flickr, and to me it's way better than Photobucket.

I am in the process of doing exactly this