It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always had a thing for Kings' purple. I think it's unfortunate that colour has been completely ousted of NHL colour schemes in recent years (every other professional sport has at least one purple team) and I wish the Kings would incorporate it more often, perhaps through a third jersey. So given this NHL all-star jersey was based on Kings' historical ties to purple, I couldn't not have it. No particular reason on McKinnon, it just felt right. 

it arrived today. 

T3C8QC.jpg
IQv5NW.jpg
BE4Rw9.jpg
gzizXS.jpg

That MacKinnon fits nicely into a mini Cole Harbour collection to go along with your Crosby.  Maybe that why it just felt right??;) Both are nice pick ups.

Edited by JJM4

2 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

That MacKinnon fits nicely into a mini Cole Harbour collection to go along with your Crosby.  Maybe that why it just felt right??;) Both nice pick ups.

Good point! Thanks man. 

I got this back in my collection today after it's been away on trade for a couple years.  Size 54 Pederson's Mesh.

This is the 1979-81 style, and unique to this style is the use of dark green (thread) outline on the crest and numbers as well as the first time the yellow accent stripe shows up beneath the green shoulder yokes. Also, it's the last style that would have shoulder yokes on a white North Stars.

35114529003_d9f675fa00_n.jpg

35791924711_3f18ebe5b9_n.jpg

Edited by JJM4

My first pickup in a little while.  I had no interest in these at first but it slowly grew on me but I had no interest getting one at JB's prices and specifically wanted a black.

Kijiji to the rescue with this one falling into my lap doing a general search for jerseys.

35937809645_244e6d94b9_b.jpg

If anybody is interested I have the Monahan kit I stripped off the jersey available.  It looks to have come directly from Adidas because it as all the correct features and an exact matching nameplate.

52 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Don't need to really ask, but you're going with Matthews I assume?

You right it's going to be a Matthews.  

I just have to decide who's going to do the work.  I am so opposed to giving EPS a cent of my money but I might have to bite the bullet and suck it up for this one.

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

You right it's going to be a Matthews.  

I just have to decide who's going to do the work.  I am so opposed to giving EPS a cent of my money but I might have to bite the bullet and suck it up for this one.

Didn't keener do these jerseys very well?

From what I saw on here Keener uses airknit plates which don't match the jersey material.

24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Is there anything that Keener doesn't do well?

4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

From what I saw on here Keener uses airknit plates which don't match the jersey material.

That would be one. 

Yes, he put an air knit nameplate on my Burns Team Canada jersey.

I can respect that though - the Adidas material probably isn't readily available yet to most customizers, plus I got the jersey off a clearance rack... I was more so excited to have a jersey with the cool perforated numbers. 

14 minutes ago, MaroonsRoad said:

Yes, he put an air knit nameplate on my Burns Team Canada jersey.

I can respect that though - the Adidas material probably isn't readily available yet to most customizers, plus I got the jersey off a clearance rack... I was more so excited to have a jersey with the cool perforated numbers. 

I'd rather go to EPS and get both the perforated numbers and the correct nameplate. 

1 minute ago, HockeyMusic said:

First time I have seen a fake of this style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152623700521

Yup that's different than the typical fake Hextall All Stars on eBay. 

23 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

1991-92 New York Rangers TBTC Jersey

This will become a Leetch jersey.

1991-92 New York Rangers TBTC Jersey Front

Very nice!

All those 91/92 TBTC jerseys are awesome.

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Back from Keener.

So how did the screening/stitching turn out on the numbers and letters?

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

So how did the screening/stitching turn out on the numbers and letters?

It looks fantastic. I'll take some close-up pictures later. 

They didn't do the screen-printed white on the Kessel sleeve numbers like I asked (they did it as a layer of twill) but it's such a minor detail that I'm not going to quibble over it. Plus, I really don't feel like paying to ship to Canada again.