It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone from the 2015-17 Retro night games could also be on there also.

For the 2015 game at least, there were a few players (Gionta, Tootoo & Zubrus) who used patched over jerseys with the old shield and black stripe (no green).

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

For the 2015 game at least, there were a few players (Gionta, Tootoo & Zubrus) who used patched over jerseys with the old shield and black stripe (no green).

You're going to be the death of us all, LAK.  Ignorance is definitely bliss when it comes to customizing :lol:

Edited by jsh139

Haha. Then I won't mention anything unless someone asks.  :P

Only the Kings, which I do on an ongoing basis.  I didn't know about the Devils; I just checked on that this morning because I was curious about something- (took less than 5 minutes).  So no, I don't have this information on every team!  ;)

Props to the Devils boys for going that extra mile to match up the jersey right down to the correct shield.

Somewhat recent pickup for me.  How I wish the Leafs would have used this as an alternate.

36096734410_e2fbec3774_b.jpg

36096734630_bacf15605a_b.jpg

56 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Very interesting. Those guys cover all size ranges too, Gio is a hobbit and Zubrus is a giant. Tootoo is in the middle. 

I'd say they were probably just using up whatever is left, which is why I got a patched over 58+, only a few guys wear that size so they probably had extra they couldn't use up. 

9 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Props to the Devils boys for going that extra mile to match up the jersey right down to the correct shield.

Somewhat recent pickup for me.  How I wish the Leafs would have used this as an alternate.

I like that design as well. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Good thing those are 3 players no Devils fan would want on their jersey.

besides mfitz for Tootoo that is.

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Good thing those are 3 players no Devils fan would want on their jersey.

besides mfitz for Tootoo that is.

We're kind of over our Tootoo obsession since he left. My daughter has moved on to Taylor Hall. 

Of course, I still have home and road 2.0's, because we have matching ones. When she outgrows hers, mine will be stripped or sold. 

A few pickups.

The first courtesy of @Zeshy25:

Tgxp5J1m.jpg

The next three courtesy of MeiGray:

6ilPuadm.jpgJHBNJTwm.jpgHMYvEmOm.jpg

And lastly, even though it's only a replica, this is a huge pickup thanks to @MIGHTY-DUCKS8, especially since I got it for less than the average market value on eBay plus what it would cost to have it customized.

iwXR0Qim.jpg0oNEpNXm.jpg

Edited by TheKevinShow

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Haha. Then I won't mention anything unless someone asks.  :P

Nah, keep doing it.  I'd rather know up-front that I'm going to be disappointed with a kit.  Saves time and expense. ;)

Finally got this lettered up as it had been sitting in my closet for like 4+ years or so. Got EPS to do it up during their spring sale.

front_orig.jpg

back_orig.jpg

Edited by Phil the Thrill

Some recent Keener work:

Size 54 Sedin Heritage Classic 2014

36508742535_c87f4e8ede_n.jpg

36462376826_f6f7c129f8_n.jpg

Size 52 Air Knit Belfour

36462379936_8df602905a_n.jpg

36508743785_7fe6abde88_n.jpg

Size 56 Ultrafil Benn Mem Cup 09

36340513422_89e25f833d_n.jpg

35700213053_d63e24d69d_n.jpg

Size 52 Air Knit Casey SC100

36508740535_79c4ed0f85_n.jpg

36112070030_a371fd54b5_n.jpg

Size 48 Ultrafil Casey 75th

36340509462_8c53c9ecc7_n.jpg

36462378106_f3462b42f3_n.jpg

Size 52 Air Knit Casey SC100

36236915816_e0f479abdb_n.jpg

34915280343_582045a3d3_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

I suspect it's either a camp jersey with the big-club or a Binghamton Rangers gamer. Either that or I just wasted money. 

If it were Binghamton, I wouldn't think the jersey would have an NHL shield, right?  That particular combination of fight strap style, neck tag, CCM logo and NHL shield, plus the arched name would be unique to the 1990-91 season, I would think.  I'd agree with your first thought, that it's a camp jersey for the NYR.  If that's Mark LaForest, he did play for Binghamton that season, so it's consistent with the jersey details.

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Ok friends, I need your help on a jersey I took a flyer on (ha, pun intended) from ebay. I'm not sure what I have. The jersey has some evidence of game wear and I am hard pressed to think someone would fake a LaForest. It has Cosby tags inside but it's so old that the size tag is washed out. The concern is that it's tight on me. The sleeves end at my wrist but it's not baggy at all. (For comparison, it feels like a 54 Edge on me). I know Trees was a smaller guy... 

I suspect it's either a camp jersey with the big-club or a Binghamton Rangers gamer. Either that or I just wasted money. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

If it were Binghamton, I wouldn't think the jersey would have an NHL shield, right?  That particular combination of fight strap style, neck tag, CCM logo and NHL shield, plus the arched name would be unique to the 1990-91 season, I would think.  I'd agree with your first thought, that it's a camp jersey for the NYR.  If that's Mark LaForest, he did play for Binghamton that season, so it's consistent with the jersey details.

I'd agree with your last thought. Rangers jerseys are a waste of money. 

9 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

One of you proved helpful, the other one forgot the Devils-Binghamton connection and should feel intense shame at not appreciating this bit of New York glory. Thanks @LAK74, study harder @mfitz804.

The 1990-91 season will be a good starting point for pictures.  

So essentially, that's a Devils jersey. I got it. Carry on!

;)

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

The 1990-91 season will be a good starting point for pictures.  

I've seen a few videos of the 1990 and 1991 Rangers' preseasons, and it looks like their jerseys had vinyl lettering.  Yours seems to have twill lettering, so the preseason seems doubtful.  Would training camp jerseys be any different?  Or perhaps he was called up during the regular season as a backup, but never played?  Running out of possibilities here.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:55 PM, Dr_Puck said:

Ok friends, I need your help on a jersey I took a flyer on (ha, pun intended) from ebay. I'm not sure what I have. The jersey has some evidence of game wear and I am hard pressed to think someone would fake a LaForest. It has Cosby tags inside but it's so old that the size tag is washed out. The concern is that it's tight on me. The sleeves end at my wrist but it's not baggy at all. (For comparison, it feels like a 54 Edge on me). I know Trees was a smaller guy... 

I have a Kovalev Binghamton gamer from 92-93 which has a nameplate and the NHL shield so I'd assume it's a Binghamton jersey.

24173854295_2967097192_o.jpg

23878246490_7281142fc9_o.jpg

Just now, Dr_Puck said:

I'm hopeful that's the case. The puck marks are pretty evident. It's not hammered at all but this has been worn for sure. I'll need to dig deep to find Binghamton game photos from that year. Trees was on the smaller size, so maybe the snug fit is just me eating too many donuts. 

As far as I know, considering the difference in wear, I think mine was probably worn by someone else before, but it was definitely worn by Kovalev as it has a photomatched LOA from Meigray. It's possible that yours wasn't recycled, hence the lighter wear. If you have any inkling that it might be legit you can send it to Meigray and pay for authentication which is a great idea and I've done that before with my Ulf Samuelsson jersey. Barry is the authority after all.

So nice.  It seems like all of them that come up for sale are size 44 like this one.  I never see anything 52 or larger.  I might just have to bite the bullet and get a small one since it's all i ever see.

38 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

It seems like all of them that come up for sale are size 44 like this one.  I never see anything 52 or larger.

This one looks like a 52 to me!  ;)

And Matt, how are you getting your Photobucket to post pics?  Surely you're not paying their fees?