It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Looks like a retail sleeve tag on the Otters. I believe a TI would just have the white tag with the codes on it. 

Yeah. Makes sense. I just wasn't sure as this is my first minor league jersey pick up.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Yeah. Makes sense. I just wasn't sure as this is my first minor league jersey pick up.

It’s a good one, very classic looking style. And that McDavid kid just might be someone someday!!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a good one, very classic looking style. And that McDavid kid just might be someone someday!!

Maybe, though I’ve almost certainly put the kiss of death on him now. 

I received this last week, and tried to sell it because I found a white ProPlayer Brodeur (inaccurate so it’s being re-done) instead. It didn’t sell, and I realized there’s plenty of room in the collection to keep it around.

38626045256_5d733089cd_b.jpg

38626045376_f8e9bbe0a9_b.jpg

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I received this last week, and tried to sell it because I found a white ProPlayer Brodeur (inaccurate so it’s being re-done) instead. It didn’t sell, and I realized there’s plenty of room in the collection to keep it around.

You mean plenty of room in the jersey. Dayum, that’s almost a nine tiles big ‘un. 

8 minutes ago, Silverback53 said:

You mean plenty of room in the jersey. Dayum, that’s almost a nine tiles big ‘un. 

Its no larger than any other size 56. 

This is bit of a culmination day for me. I received one of those rarities that almost never come around except for once in a great while. A USA Wilson durene from the 1976 Canada Cup:

2v2uNhuryx2YANR.jpg2v2uNhuzGx2YANR.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous doesn't even describe it. There isn't a ton of wear but that's because these durene beauties with the amazing chain-stitched crest were worn in the pre-tournament games.  Afterwards, the players complained that they were too heavy and soaked up too much sweat so the team scrapped them and went to an Athletic Knit superfil/ultrafil-like material that had everything screen printed. It cost a good amount but it is absolutely worth every penny.

This dude was small as hell too. The tags inside say Wilson 42 SHORT. I guess it makes sense since he was only 5' 5". One of the few beings out there that make me feel tall.

2v2uNheN2x2YANR.jpg

Very impressive USA jersey, looks like they put a lot work into that one. Those stars really tie the jersey together.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:30 AM, Brilliant! said:

This is bit of a culmination day for me. I received one of those rarities that almost never come around except for once in a great while. A USA Wilson durene from the 1976 Canada Cup:

2v2uNhuryx2YANR.jpg2v2uNhuzGx2YANR.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous doesn't even describe it. There isn't a ton of wear but that's because these durene beauties with the amazing chain-stitched crest were worn in the pre-tournament games.  Afterwards, the players complained that they were too heavy and soaked up too much sweat so the team scrapped them and went to an Athletic Knit superfil/ultrafil-like material that had everything screen printed. It cost a good amount but it is absolutely worth every penny.

This dude was small as hell too. The tags inside say Wilson 42 SHORT. I guess it makes sense since he was only 5' 5". One of the few beings out there that make me feel tall.

2v2uNheN2x2YANR.jpg

Wow!

also, I’m reminded of a quote by the late Patrick Swayze in Youngblood. 

9 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Thank God there's still a sport for middle-sized white boys!

Correct!! My memory was “middle-sized American white boys” though I could easily be mis-remembering.

I’d give you a prize but I’m a “bit short” at the moment. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?

Was going to be a project jersey, but that option may not work out. So instead I'll just add to my ridiculously fast growing collection of practice jerseys. 

DSCF4383-vi.jpg

DSCF4385-vi.jpg

New pick up from the MeiGray Holiday sale.

2015-2016 Game Worn Cam Atkinson 3rd.

Atkinson%202015-2016%20Game%20Worn%20Jer

Mike Commodore 2008-2009 Game Worn Jersey.

Commodore%202008-2009%20Game%20Worn%20Je

Edited by bluejacket

Let's keep the CBJ train going...

Finally got my hands on an Adidas gamer. I must say it's a hell of a lot better quality than the retail "authentics". Picked this bad boy up through an auction the team/Meigray was holding last weekend. Got it at a surprisingly low price, too, which is a plus! For only being worn in two games, this jersey has some nice wear...

augvQu1.jpg

exBp8lp.jpg

ync5e9J.jpg

Cz27RiT.jpg

SBLDwZK.jpg

Tz6VfiH.jpg

I found this crestless 2015 ASG jersey on eBay and bought it for the impossible to fined Black Blue Jackets Patch and it turned out to be a prototype (see tag). Everything seems to match the game worn jerseys except the Blue Jackets patch is on the wrong shoulder.

2015%20NHL%20All%20Star%20Game%20Prototy

Edited by bluejacket

On 12/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, Brilliant! said:

Mike Commodore really was the original Ginga Ninja.

beardcommodore.jpg

Are you sure that's Mike Commodore and not Ogie Ogilthorpe?