It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Insanity.

An Blank MIC Reebok 7287 is well over $300 from JB, so I didn’t have issue with paying $400 for the Adidas....

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, KB67 said:

An Blank MIC Reebok 7287 is well over $300 from JB, so I didn’t have issue with paying $400 for the Adidas....

I wouldn't pay that either. The Canucks Edge 2.0 I just posted in this thread tonight was $160 from River City Sports before I sent it for customization. 

12 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yeah I knew Realsports used to do them, but when you look at the program online, it's just 2015-16 season which was a terrible team.

I'll have to shoot them a message one day.

I have been in contact with Brandon Marsh at MLSE (whi handles the game worn jersey program) and he has no idea about game worns.  Wasn't too much of an issue last year since jerseys were available from JB.

However, there may be hope for Stadium series jerseys.  That is an NHL event and not a Leafs administered event.  Thus you may see those up for auction on the NHL auctions site.

Last year the Centennial game jerseys were available on NHL auctions, and real sports sold some Centennial alumni game jerseys in store (I snapped pics of the Salming and Vaive for sale when I was at the St. Pats game last season)

So likely you will see the Stadium series jerseys on NHL auctions if that interests you.

17 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Are the Leafs wearing the Arenas style in the Stadium Series game against the Caps or are they going to wear a different style that has yet to be shared? 

I doubt they will use them again for the game against the craps.  No other information is out yet about what they will be wearing.

we’re still wondering if they will be wearing st pats jerseys again for the st pats game.

2017-18 Scott Laughton Hockey Fights Cancer jersey. Worn during warmups before the 11/28/17 game vs the Sharks. I've wanted one of these purple jerseys for a while now.  Really happy to finally grab one.  Even has a little scuff mark on one of the back numbers, haha.

27599299699_b0a50d4318_o.jpg2017-18 Warm-up Worn Scott Laughton, Hockey Fights Cancer by jsh139, on Flickr

39346578302_0216a558f3_o.jpg2017-18 Warm-up Worn Scott Laughton, Hockey Fights Cancer (Back) by jsh139, on Flickr

scott-laughton-of-the-philadelphia-flyer

These TI Adidas jerseys are really nice.  Very solid construction and the material feels every bit as nice as the Edge 2.0s.  This one is a size 52, and like we've been speculating, it fits a little snugger than an Edge 52. Not a whole lot, but definitely noticeable.

Edited by jsh139

Been bad about posting recent acquisitions, but finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on this one. Had to go through JB as I haven't seen a single one become available anywhere else. Completes my tomahawks-at-the-elbows collection.

25031618668_3e569cfe3d.jpg

6 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Are the Leafs wearing the Arenas style in the Stadium Series game against the Caps or are they going to wear a different style that has yet to be shared? 

No, they are going with a different style for that game.  They have not revealed what that will be yet 

Finally got my hands on a real 2017/18 Adizero.  Marian Gaborik Set 1 road.  Photomatched to the stain near the bottom of the crest.

LAK  2017/18  Gáborík, Marián   R f  GWLAK  2017/18  Gáborík, Marián   R r  GW

I can now say that practically every piece of fabric on this Canadian 7387 has some noticeable difference from the corresponding piece on the Indo.  The “airknit” making up the majority of the body is less porous looking, less stretchy and more durable feeling than the Indo fabric.  The dazzle striping on this Kings 7387 is much thicker and has metallic silver threads running through it, while the Indo striping is more of a bland, flat gray with tiny silver specks in it.  The 7387 has double elbows of course, while the Indo has only a single thin layer of fabric in the elbow area.  The “golf ball” textured shoulder panels on the 7387 are thicker, and the dimples are much deeper and recessed into the fabric than on the Indo.  Even the NHL shields are ever so slightly different, and surprisingly the Indo shield is thicker and less flexible than the Canadian one.  There are very subtle differences in the embroidery of the front crests, and the base twill layers of the crests have different textures and sheen to them.  The Indo fight strap is thin and does not stretch laterally.

The 7387 has more sturdy stitching, for example on the inside of the waist stripe area.  (Canada top, Indo bottom:)

Stitching_7387Stitching_Indo

Trim stripes and elbow area:

Sleeve_7387Sleeve_Indo

Dimpled shoulder and front airknit panel texture, Canada on top:

Shoulder_7387Shoulder _Indo

Fight strap:

FS_CanadaFS_Indonesia

Overall, the 7387 feels very nice, and as I had imagined, makes the Indo Adizero look and feel like a replica in comparison.

Edited by LAK74

2015/16 Set 2 Drew Doughty road, worn during his Norris Trophy-winning season.  Photomatched to a series of holes, a board burn on the shoulder stripe and stick marks, all on the right sleeve, and 2 stick marks on the back number 8.

LAK  2015/16  Doughty, Drew   R f  GWLAK  2015/16  Doughty, Drew   R r  GW

1989/90 Jim Fox road.  Probably the only road Chevy logo gamer in existence for Fox, and almost certainly the last jersey worn by him in his career.  Still visible on the back are the outlines of his former #19, which was removed and replaced by the 4, after Fox gave up his longtime number to Larry Robinson, who had just joined the Kings.  (Unfortunately it didn’t show up well in the picture.)

LAK  1989/90  Fox, Jim   R f  GWLAK  1989/90  Fox, Jim   R r  GW

That Jim Fox jersey is hot. I love the hand-cut lettering too. It was such a great look. Also, it's not every day you can grab something of a guy who hails from a town that no longer exists!

Guest Dr_Puck

I hate the term "grail"-- It's overused in our hobby. As my signature indicates, we get one grail and one grail only. Mine happened to arrive today, a 1985-86 Binghamton Whalers gamer. I tracked this down from a well-known collector after I noticed he was selling off some of the Whalers trophies that Sidorkiewicz originally consigned with Classic Auctions several years ago. The River Rats-- the one Devils-related jersey I'll ever own-- is a nice touch. Originally listed as a GI, this Rats has good evidence of game use. I lived in Binghamton and Albany when Sidorkiewicz was in each respective city, so this counts as a local buy of sorts. 

FS5osSPl.jpg

fDWm9szl.jpg

PriNZ1dl.jpg

WemJpR9l.jpg 

Thanks, everyone!  I added pics of the shoulder and front panel materials to the post above.

Edited by LAK74

Is nobody going to comment on that unbelievable Binghamton Whalers Jay Vee jersey? Probably the only Whalers jersey that's rarer than the Hartford version of the same era. With the 50th anniversary patch no less! That is absolutely spectacular. I think it's interesting that yours doesn't have that oversized and obnoxious JAY-VEE tag sewn into the neck like I've seen on others.

Fun fact about Binghamton hockey: Prior to the birth of the Whalers with the crooked logo, the city's team was the Broome Dusters of the old NAHL. Binghamton is the county seat of Broome County, New York. Broome Dusters. Get it? HA! Clever! The logo was even designed by Binghamton native Johnny Hart; i.e. the guy who drew those old cornball B.C. comics in the funny pages....that's right, I said funny pages. That's how old it is. Hell, the Broome Dusters even inspired portions of Slap Shot. There was an opposing team called Broome County in that Federal League.

29 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Is nobody going to comment on that unbelievable Binghamton Whalers Jay Vee jersey? Probably the only Whalers jersey that's rarer than the Hartford version of the same era. With the 50th anniversary patch no less! That is absolutely spectacular. I think it's interesting that yours doesn't have that oversized and obnoxious JAY-VEE tag sewn into the neck like I've seen on others.

Fun fact about Binghamton hockey: Prior to the birth of the Whalers with the crooked logo, the city's team was the Broome Dusters of the old NAHL. Binghamton is the county seat of Broome County, New York. Broome Dusters. Get it? HA! Clever! The logo was even designed by Binghamton native Johnny Hart; i.e. the guy who drew those old cornball B.C. comics in the funny pages....that's right, I said funny pages. That's how old it is. Hell, the Broome Dusters even inspired portions of Slap Shot. There was an opposing team called Broome County in that Federal League.

Don't worry old man. I'll stay off your lawn. 

If it’s game worn, it must be a Canadian-made 7387, and it will have a MeiGray tag.  The road Neal worn in Game 1 originally sold for US$4290, and the one used in the first home game fetched $4570.

Edited by LAK74

34 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

If it’s game worn, it must be a Canadian-made 7387, and it will have a MeiGray tag.  The road Neal worn in Game 1 originally sold for US$4290, and the one used in the first home game fetched $4570.

Sorry posted in the wrong thread, should be in the Facebook group one, I'll say 10 hail mary's