It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got these in the other day:  Taylor Hall 17-18 red set 1 game worn jersey and Marcus Johansson 17-18 white set 1 game worn jersey.  I preordered the Hall back at the start of the season and got the Johansson as an impulse buy.  Hall played in 14 games with this jersey and had 6 goals and 6 assists while wearing it. Hall also has shortened sleeves and some minor wear on it but I was able to photomatch it to a picture I took of him in December during warmups with the mark right above his shoulder number (as well as a couple of Getty images I found).  The Devils got a new equipment manager this year and it looks like they are no longer stitching together repairs but instead heat pressing swatches of fabric from the inside of the jersey to repair holes.  Hall had the A removed during their HFC night between periods and it looks like they did it in a hurry as they tore the jersey fabric.  They later re-applied the A.  The Johansson has some minor wear I am still looking to match as well as evidence of the A being removed.  Also customized with 2 additional fight straps sewn in as well.  MoJo played 9 games in this jersey and scored 3 goals and 3 assists in it (including the other assist on Brian Gibbons goal which was also assisted by Hischier and was Hischier's first NHL point).  Overall I like the look and feel of the Adidas and the fabric has zero resemblance to the Indo-Zero's sold to the public.  They are also about a size smaller than their Reebok Edge 2.0 counterparts.

25649837098_2124ae2e1d_c.jpg

39490430962_1071de39f9_c.jpg24612120747_8e8c10f3de_c.jpg

24612121487_1f84106072_c.jpg

39478837071_57fd846a2e_c.jpg

39490431002_b7dd09c802_c.jpg

25649837298_513c363be8_c.jpg

24612121347_3c9587e2ec_c.jpg

24612121017_209465b604_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Hall had the A removed

The Johansson...as well as evidence of the A being removed. 

That must have been painful for both of them. 

Those are awesome. Is that three fight straps inside a Marcus Johansson jersey? What is he afraid of, falling out of his jersey, he's not physical at all!!

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That must have been painful for both of them. 

Those are awesome. Is that three fight straps inside a Marcus Johansson jersey? What is he afraid of, falling out of his jersey, he's not physical at all!!

lol if I told you the A went to Boyle that makes things a little bit kinkier for all the wrong reasons lol.

Yeah the two additional ones are sewn to the sides.  It is to keep the jersey from riding up/secure due to the no-tuck rule these days with jerseys.  In fact last night during the game in Dallas there was a play right beside the Dallas net with MoJo and you can see his jersey ride up a little and both the main fight strap and one of the additional fight straps were visible.  I should have taken a quick screen shot of that for reference.

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Nice pickups, @Devilsguy.  Where's @mfitz804 with the "Taylor, slide your stick down my Hall" pic? :lol:

I think that was my photo as I took this last season:

31391566930_9842bc8628_c.jpg

6 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

31391566930_9842bc8628_c.jpg

1 inch tall, 3 inch circumference...poor Taylor. 

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Ahhhh, hahaha, there it is!  Forgot whose it was.  So awesome.

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Ahhhh, hahaha, there it is!  Forgot whose it was.  So awesome.

I'd have cropped it closer. Devilsguy went for the whole arena feel, I would have went with more of a "chick with a slutty sign" focus. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd have cropped it closer. Devilsguy went for the whole arena feel, I would have went with more of a "chick with a slutty sign" focus. 

That would require effort and quite frankly I think it adds a certain aura like you said.

I took the pic a few minutes after the game.  I forgot if we lost or won quite frankly.  She was holding the sign and allowing people to take pictures of her holding it the entire game.

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Oh, and it looks like I was right about the twill nameplates for the PX jerseys? :D

It looks like twill in my pictures, but it is not twill.

52 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Oh, and it looks like I was right about the twill nameplates for the PX jerseys? :D

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It looks like twill in my pictures, but it is not twill.

They really do look like twill, and during the games they do as well. If you get around to doing a close-up, it would be appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They really do look like twill, and during the games they do as well. If you get around to doing a close-up, it would be appreciated. 

I will try to get a photo up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Brilliant is going to lose his mind with the quoting of these photos. 

Bump. 

Here are the close ups of the nameplates:

27750919739_9fd64c397b_c.jpg

39527276991_04df3d4f92_c.jpg

Nice Linden pick up.

In fact, I've not looked for a few days and there have been some absolute beauties posted.

Edited by SoNowWhat?

Not as fancy as most on here but my Away Indo-Adizero came back from the customizer! 

I might be a bit biased but the Oilers really did a great job with their new away jerseys.

PMJxOVO.jpg

Edited by Mcmanus