It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That Carolina third is awesome. 

Thanks. Really hated losing this jersey and will be interesting if they bring it back. The logo is just too good to abandon. It will be interesting to see what the Canes new owner does with the brand. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Thanks. Really hated losing this jersey and will be interesting if they bring it back. The logo is just too good to abandon. It will be interesting to see what the Canes new owner does with the brand. 

Nice Canes jerseys. I miss the third jersey too. I hope they’re going to bring it back next year, or at least something similar.

On 1/13/2018 at 0:26 AM, artificialintuition said:

Ah, OK--I thought these were listed on their site as *pre-orders*, which is why I asked.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I actually don't post much here on the weekends.

I got 3 jerseys from the first Devils set; red Hall, white Johansson and red Boyle.  The red Hall I pre-ordered back in October and received it a week or two ago.  The set ended on 12/16/17 and Meigray received the jersey about a week later.  While Meigray had the first set, I saw on the website the white Johansson was still available so I added that.  I received both jerseys about a week or so ago.

The Boyle was not available for pre-order as 1) no one knew how long exactly he would be out and 2) Meigray didn't take pre-orders on it as they were thinking Boyle might have kept them.  Shortly after I received the Hall and Johansson I asked Meigray if they had the Boyles in and they said yes and that Boyle decided not to keep them and that they have them available.  So last week I emailed Meigray and told them I would take it so I drove over there and paid and picked it up at the same time.

I don't live in a tent in their parking lot.  It is more of an RV.

Officially the most expensive jersey I ever bought to strip. 2017-18 Devils Prout GI. 

As noted everywhere, the material of these jerseys doesn’t even compare to the Indo, these are way nicer. And they do run smaller than Edge.  Can’t even imagine how a guy fits this thing on over shoulder pads, my shoulders are very broad but still. 

Customization by PX doesn’t look that different from EPS, though the twill feels thinner to me. 

Assuming I don’t butcher it during the strip, I Will Butcher it afterwards. :) 

38808828195_dd1333ed77_b.jpg

39675656002_efcda8e03a_b.jpg

EDIT, the quality of the job by PX is not that of EPS. It arrived like this:

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

Nice pickup!

Also that is not good looks for PX.  Perhaps it is a good thing as maybe it will make it easier to strip lol.

I can already report the following concerning the PX customization of a Devils jersey, aside from the quality issue noted above. 

1) As Devilsguy pointed out to me and I confirmed by using a set of EPS numbers I had on hand, PX's numbers are slightly smaller than what EPS had been using. 

2) I've got one sleeve number off so far, and there is so little glue residue, probably the easiest stripping I have done so far. 

39676602202_5f756acf84_b.jpg

I don't believe any of that outline is glue, and it will press right out. 

Assuming the rest of it goes this well, I may be able to have more freedom as to who is going on it. 

I know the retails run tiny.  56 is normally swimming on me but 56 was the only size that fit loose enough on me when I tried them on.

Really sloppy how They didn’t leave any space on the top and bottom of that Devils nameplate.  If that’s how they get them from adidas they should cut the letters smaller.

6 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Really sloppy how They didn’t leave any space on the top and bottom of that Devils nameplate.  If that’s how they get them from adidas they should cut the letters smaller.

There were, in fact, a couple areas where they actually sewed through the letters while attaching the nameplate. The T is also slightly crooked:

25836512788_97db507369_b.jpg

There are also multiple places where the white layer and black layer are sloppily stitched, see the top of the T above, and the top of the O here:

39708486381_f27145c4d7_b.jpg

This was a game issued, and Prout did play during the time of Set 1, so I am not really sure about this jersey. Perhaps his original jersey was damaged in a fight and they issued a new one, but he was traded before he could wear it? I am not sure. Maybe it had to be a rush job, it certainly appears that way.

I completed the strip and its the cleanest one I have ever done. No glue residue, the sleeve numbers fell right off and the back number needed minimal pulling. I have no issues going with whatever name and number I want, and I think that means #13. 

I know the J on my white Johansson was stitched very slightly crooked on my white set 1 gamer.

It looks like PX is reverting to 90's era of CC quality.  I have plenty of Devils gamers from there with crooked lettering, crooked nameplates, iffy stitching, etc.

Guest Dr_Puck
12 hours ago, Energy Legs said:

Nice Canes jerseys. I miss the third jersey too. I hope they’re going to bring it back next year, or at least something similar.

I have entirely avoided Hurricanes jerseys but wow that third was sharp. I hope they bring them back too. 

I'm surprised to see those quality issues.  I have 10 jerseys customized by PX (9 are GWs) and I don't think I've seen anything as sloppy as that.  And, like TMLFan said, holy cropped nameplate!

Paging @dsl135 to give his opinion as he's the PX master.

Edited by jsh139

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'm surprised to see those quality issues.  I have 10 jerseys customized by PX (9 are GWs) and I don't think I've seen anything as sloppy as that.  And, like TMLFan said, holy cropped nameplate!

I'm a pretty tolerant guy, the poor stitching and slightly crooked letters I could deal with. But if I paid for that job and a 2 inch section of nameplate was not sewn down? I would be pissed. Hell, I might have tried to send it back to MeiGray if I bought it with the intention of wearing it as is. 

The stitching and slightly turned letters arnt really an issue for me.  Shows that it was all applied and stitched by hand but the no space on the nameplate would bother the hell out of me.  I honestly prefer the look of hand stitched stuff in comparison to the computer controlled.  Looks too perfect for me if that makes sense

2 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

The stitching and slightly turned letters arnt really an issue for me.  Shows that it was all applied and stitched by hand but the no space on the nameplate would bother the hell out of me.  I honestly prefer the look of hand stitched stuff in comparison to the computer controlled.  Looks too perfect for me if that makes sense

Bottom line, its "the" game jersey however they do it is "correct".  But I am used to a much cleaner job. 

That being said, strip is completed with no visible glue residue anywhere, you can feel a little bit of stick still in the nameplate area, which is typical. But it'll be covered right over, so its no big deal. 

Edited by mfitz804

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Glad to hear it stripped so clean.  Will you send it back to PX or have EPS do it?

I was all set to use EPS because I knew I could pay them to clean up the glue residue, which obviously is not necessary. 

My gut tells me to stick with EPS, though of course I do want accuracy. I'm still contemplating. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Wow, that's really interesting seeing those inconsistencies. I know that PX is WAY busier than they used to be as they have so many contracts now with local teams, NHL, NFL, etc. That doesn't excuse the quality control, but I hope that won't be an issue moving forward just due to their busy schedule.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I was all set to use EPS because I knew I could pay them to clean up the glue residue, which obviously is not necessary. 

My gut tells me to stick with EPS, though of course I do want accuracy. I'm still contemplating. 

Having contacted EPS, I have learned they are aware of the different number size being used by PX and they say they can replicate it, for what its worth. 

59 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Wow, that's really interesting seeing those inconsistencies. I know that PX is WAY busier than they used to be as they have so many contracts now with local teams, NHL, NFL, etc. That doesn't excuse the quality control, but I hope that won't be an issue moving forward just due to their busy schedule.

Devilsguy and I have been discussing the possibility that this jersey may have been used in some fashion briefly, perhaps giving rise to a popped seal on the nameplate. Other than that, there's no evidence of game use, but as we all so on his Boyle gamer, with 6 goals on it, that thing is as clean as a brand new jersey also. So anything is possible.

Except me keeping it as a Prout jersey, that wasn't possible. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I completed the strip and its the cleanest one I have ever done. No glue residue, the sleeve numbers fell right off and the back number needed minimal pulling. I have no issues going with whatever name and number I want, and I think that means #13. 

For completeness sake, I ran the jersey through the wash and, while still wet, hit it with a scalding hot iron through a cotton pillowcase. This eliminated all outlines and it looks like a brand new blank. I’ve probably stripped 15-20 jerseys and this is the only one that ever had zero evidence of prior customization without requiring glue removal. Pretty psyched about that.

It will now be a Hischier without question. 

Weird how some of the GW Adidas jerseys are exhibiting crazy wear and others are not. What’s up with that?

Edited by jsh139

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

For completeness sake, I ran the jersey through the wash and, while still wet, hit it with a scalding hot iron through a cotton pillowcase. This eliminated all outlines and it looks like a brand new blank. I’ve probably stripped 15-20 jerseys and this is the only one that ever had zero evidence of prior customization without requiring glue removal. Pretty psyched about that.

It will now be a Hischier without question. 

Do you have a pic of it completed? I did the strip on my Adidas and it looked good from straight on, but when looking from the side, I could still see a slight outline. I steamed it with a hand held steamer after I took it out of the wash ( I don’t have an actual iron ). Do you think the iron would make it come out even better? I dropped it off for customization today, and the guy said that when the heat press hits it when putting on the new kit, the rest may come off....here’s hoping so. Here is the final pic I had of mine.

Adidas MIC Canucks Home Jersey

Now that it’s dried, I still see a slight outline that I didn’t see when it was wet. I feel like EPS would be able to press it out, like your guy David with the heat press, but I may elect to go #8 Butcher to better cover the #5. 

Tried to get a picture of it but the outline wouldn’t show no matter what I did. 

Edited by mfitz804