It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

No problem. Lady at the post office recently told me you can use any Priority box that doesn’t have the words “flat rate” on it for any kind of Priority Mail you want. I don’t know if that is true, but I’ve used Regional Box B for regular Priority for years. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That’s cool. I’m learning stuff every day about USPS. Just learned last week that you can drop prepaid packages in those big blue collection boxes at the post office. Always thought I had to go to the counter. That’ll save some time. 

16 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That’s cool. I’m learning stuff every day about USPS. Just learned last week that you can drop prepaid packages in those big blue collection boxes at the post office. Always thought I had to go to the counter. That’ll save some time. 

I let the mail carrier at my office take mine. She’s never happy to see me. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I have definitely used them for regular Priority plenty of times without issue. 

I’ll feel the same in May or June when I get mine back from EPS.

But seriously, glad they turned out well!

I guess me getting mine back in one day isn’t the norm out your way?

6 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Yeah...no. Not even close. 

2 hours ago, KB67 said:

Where did you get them done? 

Do the Horvat and Boeser have Adidas material nameplates? Can't quite tell from the pics.

Edited by Van67

20 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Where did you get them done? 

Do the Horvat and Boeser have Adidas material nameplates? Can't quite tell from the pics.

The blue looks like airknit to me. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The blue looks like airknit to me. 

Yeah, I think they’re both Airknit name bars. 

Got them done at Hockey-Authentic.com

26 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Yeah, I think they’re both Airknit name bars. 

Got them done at Hockey-Authentic.com

Honestly, the nameplates don’t look bad at all. Probably the closest material your shop had. 

5 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

Thank you. I wasn't aware.

Love to find a 17/18 gamer (GI/TI or GW).

They have plenty on Meigray's website available from set 1.

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Absolutely not. Flat rate medium box is $13.60. Most of what I sell are Devils jerseys or Devils related so they stay in the tri-state area. I can ship a single jersey by weight for around $7.80, sometimes even less if I use the "Regional Rate" box, depending on location. 

I only use flat rate when the "by weight" price is more. Shipping 1-2 jerseys, and most of them being on the Eastern seaboard, it typically isn't. 

Yeah I have used the Regional Rate box as well.  I believe the cost depends on how many "regions" you have to go through to the destination.  If it is shipping within the tri-state area or even most of the east coast I believe the cost is basically about the same as if I shipped by weight normal priority.  I think it is even cheaper if you ship to california than by weight but not sure if it is cheaper than via a flat rate box.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They're notoriously fast with shipping to me, but also notoriously bad at providing tracking info. If they used UPS, I should have it tomorrow. I'm guessing, though, USPS would probably only take a day as well. 

Devilsguy, peek in the window and see if they shipped my jersey yet!!

Looks like they did.

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah I have used the Regional Rate box as well.  I believe the cost depends on how many "regions" you have to go through to the destination.  If it is shipping within the tri-state area or even most of the east coast I believe the cost is basically about the same as if I shipped by weight normal priority.  I think it is even cheaper if you ship to california than by weight but not sure if it is cheaper than via a flat rate box.

I always do my shipping online, so I check all three and use whichever one is cheapest. Because of that, I honestly have no idea how the regional rate works, or which one will be cheapest at any given time based on location. I make that determination on a case-by-case basis.

23 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Looks like they did.

You are probably right, I ordered it early in the day, when I do that they usually ship the same day. I’m expecting it today.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I always do my shipping online, so I check all three and use whichever one is cheapest. Because of that, I honestly have no idea how the regional rate works, or which one will be cheapest at any given time based on location. I make that determination on a case-by-case basis.

You are probably right, I ordered it early in the day, when I do that they usually ship the same day. I’m expecting it today.

From how it has been explained to me, the US is divided into a bunch of regions depending on location.  I think there are about 4-5 regions.  Say NJ and pretty much the Eastern seaboard is region A then to reach say Denver in region C it would have to go over 2 borders (between region a A and B and then B and C).  The price is how many of these regional borders you cross.

I could be 100% wrong but I believe that is how it works.

7 hours ago, Van67 said:

How did you get them done through a website in one day?

His shop is local to me, so I just went and dropped it off, and picked up the next day.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

From how it has been explained to me, the US is divided into a bunch of regions depending on location.  I think there are about 4-5 regions.  Say NJ and pretty much the Eastern seaboard is region A then to reach say Denver in region C it would have to go over 2 borders (between region a A and B and then B and C).  The price is how many of these regional borders you cross.

I could be 100% wrong but I believe that is how it works.

I shipped a package to Texas this morning, Regional was like $17, Flat Rate was $13.40, and regular Priority by weight was $7.50. So it paid to check them all and to NOT use flat rate. 

20 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I picked up an ECHL gamer from a Meigray eBay auction and I am having a senior moment. When did Meigray start to use USPS? Or did I just pick the wrong week to stop sniffing glue? 

To follow up, today's UPS delivery came and my jersey was not in it. So already its different on eBay than what happens when I order directly from MeiGray. 

USPS did not come yet, so I don't know if its in there. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I shipped a package to Texas this morning, Regional was like $17, Flat Rate was $13.40, and regular Priority by weight was $7.50. So it paid to check them all and to NOT use flat rate. 

I think it is cheaper if you are just shipping within the same region.  If you are shipping out of region it gets a little expensive.

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think it is cheaper if you are just shipping within the same region.  If you are shipping out of region it gets a little expensive.

I believe that is correct. In my experience, not much cheaper, either. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Flat-rate for me all the way because of the distance. I've sold exactly two jerseys to people within three hours of me these last few years. 

That makes sense. 

On 1/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, mfitz804 said:

To follow up, today's UPS delivery came and my jersey was not in it. So already its different on eBay than what happens when I order directly from MeiGray. 

USPS did not come yet, so I don't know if its in there. 

It shipped via USPS today. So I guess they are using USPS for eBay purchases.