It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Then it’s a foul because Kane wore 2.0’s in April.  :P :thumbsup:

Don’t poop on the kid’s new jersey!

52 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, but it’s the best I can do since vector 2.0s were never sold at retail. 

Actually then, team issued would be the best you could do...or swap a word mark for a vector? Is that possible?

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Actually then, team issued would be the best you could do...or swap a word mark for a vector? Is that possible?

I did it with my Toews 2010 Stanley Cup Jersey. It pretty easy as both the workmark and the Vector logos are just stitched on.  Just a little work with a seam ripper and a sewing machine - Good as new!

2009-10 Johnathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Back

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, but it’s the best I can do since vector 2.0s were never sold at retail. 

Just messin’ with ya; I know you try hard to achieve accuracy.  I myself have some 1.0’s that I lettered for seasons when 2.0’s were worn, and I’m OK with it.  (But if you had left the “A” off, it would have been 100% accurate for the early 2007/08 season!)

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

If I could find a white vector TI 2.0, I'd buy it and make it a 2010 SCF.

You're halfway there depending on your size...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-2010-STANLEY-CUP-TEAM-ISSUED-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-JERSEY-SZ-58-/112089475483?_mwBanner=1

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Then it’s a foul because Kane wore 2.0’s in April.  :P :thumbsup:

lol, I was about to say the same. 

I also am just messing with ya. i just got rid of my 1.0 SCF jersey myself, replaced with a 2.0 TI vector. I have a 1.0 Toews with an A as well, along with a 1.0 Toews with only the WWW patch. 

Edited by vadarx

4 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Are JB’s patches authentic? 

6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Are JB’s patches authentic? 

Yeah, I've got two waiting to be applied to jerseys and they're the real thing. Shocked that 2010 was available for so long and would have bought it but I don't want a 58.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Wait, why did I even ask that? I’ve bought patches from JB before.

1) You have bought too much stuff to remember, or

2) You are pre-programmed to ask accuracy/authenticity questions because you have spent too much time on this message board. 

17 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I did it with my Toews 2010 Stanley Cup Jersey. It pretty easy as both the workmark and the Vector logos are just stitched on.  Just a little work with a seam ripper and a sewing machine - Good as new!

Wait, where did you find a vector patch? I was looking for one for at least a year a while back trying to convert a word mark to vector 

10 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Wait, where did you find a vector patch? I was looking for one for at least a year a while back trying to convert a word mark to vector 

I did the same thing a while back. I found an Edge practice jersey in the color I needed and removed the vector patch from it. 

13 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I had a Senators Karlsson jersey that had the Vector, and the Toews had the Wordmark, So I just switched the two.  It was really easy, both the Wordmark and the Vector removed really easy.

6 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I had a Senators Karlsson jersey that had the Vector, and the Toews had the Wordmark, So I just switched the two.  It was really easy, both the Wordmark and the Vector removed really easy.

Yeah, now that I think about it, there are a number of teams that wore the same vector logos as the Hawks.  I may have just found myself a new project... :P

9 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Yeah, I've got two waiting to be applied to jerseys and they're the real thing. Shocked that 2010 was available for so long and would have bought it but I don't want a 58.

I actually made him a fairly decent offer on this one not too long ago.  Then yesterday it was gone.  Wonder if it finally sold or if the listing just ended...

Below is probably going to be one of the most ugly post many have seen in a while but i love each one for some reason or another. 

IMG_4613IMG_4612

I know some of these have gotten out in the market the last few years. Alternate Third Jersey of Vatanen. Signed on the numbers and with team tagging. Cant tell if game worn but for the price I was just happy to get a Canadian made already customized for less then a blank.

IMG_4614IMG_4615IMG_4616

Finally my pride and joy in an authentic to go along with my Scott Walker replica. Yes the yellow is awful but I love the logos and the details in them on these jersey. Finally found an authentic pop up for less than some are asking for replicas so I pounced on it immediately. Only wish it was a 48 or 52. 

IMG_4611

That is up there for one of the ugliest posts for sure.:P

Seriously though, nice finds... I like the Vatanen and the Preds is pretty cool too.

23 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

I actually made him a fairly decent offer on this one not too long ago.  Then yesterday it was gone.  Wonder if it finally sold or if the listing just ended...

Maybe the site just needed to be updated. I've bought "the last one" before and the stock didn't change. 

This arrived from Philly Express today (via Flyers SkateZone).

Picked up a team-issued (but not game-worn) 2.0 with #63. Stripped it and had it turned into a #68 Jagr. It was a 2014/15 sweater, but seems visually identical to the one Jagr is wearing in images from 2011/12, including the Reebok wordmark.

I have to strip the set tags as they clearly no longer apply.

I appreciate the tips given by forum members.

BpsOCly.jpg

MqeVJSu.jpg

1 hour ago, artificialintuition said:

@jsh139 -- Everything was stripped. Perhaps we could have kept the 6, but then you've got a chance that something is ever so slightly off between the 6 & the 8, and a subtle thing that would go unnoticed would then stand out.

I appreciated the tip you gave about the MGG sale. VERY helpful!

Good deal. That was smart to strip it all.  No problem, glad it all worked out!

Got another one to add. I'm in a Jagr mood.

Picked up a team-issued Devils Edge 2.0 sweater and sent it off to EPS in the spirit of a 13/14 Jagr. 

qrkY7xB.jpg

vSe7Fq0.jpg

On a bit of a downer: As a birthday gift, I'm taking my boy on a road-trip in early Feb to see 3 NHL games vs the Flames (lucky kid!); he likes Jagr, too. I got a Flames Jagr jersey for him and me. About 2 weeks ago it became apparent that Jagr's time with the Flames (and possibly in the NHL) is likely over. We made the plans before Christmas... which is when I ordered the Flames jerseys.

He last played in December, and what looked like an injury is now the possible basis for not seeing him back this season. 

Oh well! I'm super bummed. I told my kid but I don't think he heard it as, "So you're telling me there's a chance he'll play?"

Hm.