It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

10 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I really enjoy how those SPs wear, both their ultrafils and airknits. They fit nicely and feel good. Not too many Rats goalies out in the hobby, nice one DevilsGuy.

I've never had an SP Ultrafil, but I agree re: the air knits. I find the material somewhat similar to the ProPlayer jerseys from 1999-2000. 

And, while there are few Rats goalies out there, there have to be even fewer on that black jersey. Assuming its team issued despite the lack of a set tag, there may only be two of them out there. Even if not, I am confident that if the team store even had goalie cuts, they didn't sell many of them.

That, in my opinion, makes Devilsguy's find even rarer and even cooler. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

At this most-recent MeiGray Expo, Larry Pelliccioni brought a Justin Abdelkader USA Swift jersey to my table asking me if I'd ever seen the style before. He was beyond confused as to why it had a fanny pack strap (I think those were his exact words) inside instead of the fight strap and why the lettering was all heat-pressed. After looking at it and realizing what it was, I explained to him that it was most definitely a first-generation Swift jersey only used for a very brief time in 2006 and they were quite a bizarre change from what we're used to as collectors. I'm not even sure they were even used in the Torino Olympics that year now because MeiGray has a white Rick DiPietro USA from that tournament for sale and it absolutely has the fight strap in the back. 

I didn't realize there was an inside layer with the "fanny pack strap". It explains why they heat pressed numbers as sewing the back numbers would have been a pain in the Arse. Though it doesn't explain why they stuck with heat pressed names and numbers after they went back to regular fight straps. All the 2006 pics I've been able to find and distinguish definitely show regular fight straps. I'm thinking these were used maybe for one World Junior tournament and that's that. 

On that note, does anyone know if any customizers do the heat pressed names and numbers? 

Edited by Van67

Hey folks, it's been awhile and I figured I'd catch up on my hauls from the past year. 

First, Blackhawks from CSL. Three Edge 1.0s (including the last white 50 I might ever find :() plus an Indo Edge I got quite cheap with all the sales going on.

26154922338_b9e0e394a7_c.jpg40027540681_89a6ac8a98_c.jpg25156880497_59f0c0c3dc_c.jpg40027535861_1e34caa34f_c.jpg40027542541_6b4a241c2e_c.jpg26154925488_2d9a7c699e_c.jpg40027538141_7995164595_c.jpg26154919748_1050dc88d7_c.jpg

Edited by Chazberg

I missed posting stuff here so I had to go buy a few so I could again.

26160784128_44614dcae9_b.jpg

39135229465_99711d14e2_b.jpg

26160782898_9934280eb0_b.jpg

28254576569_be50944271_b.jpg

26160781728_e35cbbdf4a_b.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

8 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I missed posting stuff here so I had to go buy a few so I could again.

Good to see you posting again. Great pickups, especially that Boyle. Gotta get me one. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Sweet Boyle. Great jersey and an even greater guy. 

Honestly, yes. Every interview or off-ice thing I see about him, the more I like him. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, yes. Every interview or off-ice thing I see about him, the more I like him. 

Even I was hoping he scored a goal tonight. Not really, but he really is a great guy. 

42 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Sweet Boyle. Great jersey and an even greater guy. 

Yup, so happy he ended up with NJ.

34 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How many River Rats is that now, Joe? You must be the leading collector of those...

Uh, off the top of my head I wanna say it's 23 or 24. I don't know if I have the most, but they make up about a quarter of what I do have.

4 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Uh, off the top of my head I wanna say it's 23 or 24. I don't know if I have the most, but they make up about a quarter of what I do have.

That’s amazing. There were some posts in your absence about the black alternate jerseys, I know first-hand you’re a member of that club as well. 

Is that Boyle one of the GI's?

And I love those Rats jerseys.  Now I feel like I need to get another RR gamer or an authentic to wear (probably look in the summer).

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

And I love those Rats jerseys.  Now I feel like I need to get another RR gamer or an authentic to wear (probably look in the summer).

Just suck it up and wear the one you have, its too big so invite a friend and you can both wear it. 

Or, when you are bored of it, just sell it to me. 

20 hours ago, Chazberg said:

Hey folks, it's been awhile and I figured I'd catch up on my hauls from the past year. 

First, Blackhawks from CSL. Three Edge 1.0s (including the last white 50 I might ever find :() plus an Indo Edge I got quite cheap with all the sales going on.

Didn't know those Wrigley thirds were 1.0s! I need to get a couple in to CSL. Waiting on one more purchase then customization begins. Nice haul.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Is that Boyle one of the GI's?

Yeah it is a GI. I actually wanted a Canadian authentic to make into a Boyle, so that saved a ton of hassle. Plus a size 58 in Adidas feels like a 54 in a 2.0 so the size is fine.

The white rats was like $100 and needs a strip job, but its one of the original CCMs with the flatter? crest which I only had a couple of. And I told myself that other than the black alt, I was not buying any carolina affiliation stuff but that one is just really nice.

13 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

And I told myself that other than the black alt, I was not buying any carolina affiliation stuff but that one is just really nice.

I do like that style, you can close your eyes and pretend its not Carolina, its not overly Carolina-y. 

That’s correct.  I believe JB may have been the only dealer to order that model in retail 2.0’s, but that was way after the original WC occurred, so the born-on stickers should have dates at least 4 years after the event.

55 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

That’s correct.  I believe JB may have been the only dealer to order that model in retail 2.0’s, but that was way after the original WC occurred, so the born-on stickers should have dates at least 4 years after the event.

Perhaps not, doesn’t he get a lot of leftover team issued stock as well? Maybe they were made at the time, but he didn’t get them until 4 years later. 

JB’s retail Hawks 2009 WC’s all had retail tags with single layer fight strap attachments.  I’m pretty sure they were not team-issued, and he did the same thing with the Bruins 2010 WC’s as well.  I think I remember some members here saying that their Bruins 2.0’s had really recent born-on dates which were well after 2010.

4 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

JB’s retail Hawks 2009 WC’s all had retail tags with single layer fight strap attachments.  I’m pretty sure they were not team-issued, and he did the same thing with the Bruins 2010 WC’s as well.  I think I remember some members here saying that their Bruins 2.0’s had really recent born-on dates which were well after 2010.

Fine, be right all the time you nerd. :) 

Edited by mfitz804

Hot dam! Those Michigan jerseys are beautiful. I LOVE the Big Chill style. I'm not a fan of the Maize and Blue AT ALL but they do have some sharp stuff.

Nothing major here. Just another Titans on the pile. This time a first set 2002-03 before the ECHL re-branded from the East Coast Hockey League:

2v2JESUE4x2YANR.jpg
2v2JESUQhx2YANR.jpg

It's kinda curious since there's no MeiGray tag on the hem. But, the wear is solid on the arms...and who in their right mind would fake a Matt Zultek jersey?

On 2/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, Chazberg said:

Next some stuff from EPS—a 6100 Alfie and two UM Hagelins (chalk full of patches!)

love the Hagelins. the Big Chill jersey would have been cool to be able to actually see from the stands that day, but counting the goals that December afternoon was still mighty fun...