• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

1991-92 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins TBTC Jersey Size 52

Who did the customization? I’ve had a blank for years and I’m probably going with Bourque or Moog. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

Gianfranco (I can't remember his user name on here) made the kit for me. Very good work and accurate, awesome communication, too. I was going to go through Keener, but this was a bit easier for me this time.  I complete all the sewing myself.

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Who did the customization? I’ve had a blank for years and I’m probably going with Bourque or Moog. 

Sell it to me I will take care of it 

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Gianfranco (I can't remember his user name on here) made the kit for me. Very good work and accurate, awesome communication, too. I was going to go through Keener, but this was a bit easier for me this time.  I complete all the sewing myself.

High five Brent.  Looks sweet.

Picked up a blank Rangers Hockey Fights Cancer warm-up jersey a little while back which has personal meaning for my family. I've seen lots of *bad* customization work done on these around the arena. I figured it would be no big deal to have it properly customized later via Arena Wear, but they told me they were not the ones who did that work for the Rangers; they said it was done in-house by the team.

I didn't think it would be such a big deal to print the background on the fabric for the letters. However, after talking with Keener it sounded like it was actually more trouble than it was worth for them. It just wouldn't make sense to go through all the setup work to produce a single jersey at regular pricing. I understood where they were coming from and came up with an alternate proposal.

As luck would have it, I've done graphic design professionally in the past, and, further, a high school friend of mine happened to have purchased the actual jersey used by Pavelec in the warm-ups. (This is notable as Pavelec wears #31.) I used this to get the proper dimensions and then offered to the good folks at Keener that I'd do the legwork on the design. As it turned out I sourced the logos and created the tiled pattern to be sublimated onto the numbers.

The game-day photos made it appear as though the letters were stitched onto the nameplate, though I realized through my friend's close-up pics that the players' names were sublimated as well. The shoulder number location was non-standard.

I think the folks at Keener were appreciative of all the work I put into the jersey, which showed my commitment but also made their work faster and easier. 

It's still an Indo Adidas jersey; I have to confess I like the Adidas styling, though I prefer the made-in-Canada material quality.

2VJVLpM.jpg

K1hiSCf.jpg

Guest Dr_Puck
9 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

As someone who ends up with your leftovers, I ask that you please do it up as a Moog. I'll be happy to take it off your hands once you get tired of it. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

4 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Finally made use of these blanks.

003.JPG

005.JPG

004.JPG

a John Scott 'hawks jersey? niceee. excellent choice. 

btw, if this is the same biscuit I am familiar with from the 'hawks board, I am totally outing you as a closet Oilers fan.... ?

Love the look of this jerseys and figured I would go with one of these to try out the Adidas. Now that I got it in my hands my initial in store opinion of the Adidas Retails has changed. Not a fan at all. They feel cheap when compared to Reebok Edge and older jerseys. I thought the fabric was thicker than what it was and compared to the edges. really thin. I like the neck lines on the Edges more then the small circle collars on these. Also I don't see how they jacked up the sizing on these as bad as they did. I can fit a 54 Edge with pads with ease however this 56 is tighter then I like in them but at the same time still feels small wearing with regular clothes.. Beautiful look but really makes me question buying anymore, which is a shame.

IMG_4713

To counter, this ended up being one of my favorite pickups. Absolutely love the brass looking tie string holes and the heavy duty, almost wool sweater feel of the collars. 

IMG_4714

Was able to finish off my initial Tampa Bay Edge run with the alternate. Love the blue and the shoulder logo on these.

IMG_4719IMG_4720

This was a spur of the moment pickup, but I am probably one of the only people on earth that probably preferred the red, black and silver look to the original set. 

IMG_4717

IMG_4718

The last one I was surprised to find for less than a 100 for a player with the same last name and spelling. The Bleeding of the colors on the first run of edges are pretty bad. First game worn for me as well. 

Game worn Brett Clark 07-08 Meigray Tagged

IMG_4715IMG_4716

Edited by AeroFishOne

3 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Love the look of this jerseys and figured I would go with one of these to try out the Adidas. Now that I got it in my hands my initial in store opinion of the Adidas Retails has changed. Not a fan at all. They feel cheap when compared to Reebok Edge and older jerseys. I thought the fabric was thicker than what it was and compared to the edges. really thin. I like the neck lines on the Edges more then the small circle collars on these. Also I don't see how they jacked up the sizing on these as bad as they did. I can fit a 54 Edge with pads with ease however this 56 is tighter then I like in them but at the same time still feels small wearing with regular clothes.. Beautiful look but really makes me question buying anymore, which is a shame.

Have you gotten your hands on a Canadian made Adidas jersey yet?  Reason why I am asking is that it is night and day difference in materials between the Indonesian made ones and the ones made in Canada.

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Have you gotten your hands on a Canadian made Adidas jersey yet?  Reason why I am asking is that it is night and day difference in materials between the Indonesian made ones and the ones made in Canada.

Yup, once you see the Canadian ones, you'll see even more how bad the Indo are. 

I have said it before, but I think the quality difference between the Adidas MIC and Indo is an even bigger gap than between the Reebok 2.0 and an Indo. 

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

No but I figured they would be from what everyone is saying. id spring for one of those eventually but haven't seen any Hurricanes or Wild yet. I dont want to spend more then 300. I can wait if necessary. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, once you see the Canadian ones, you'll see even more how bad the Indo are. 

I have said it before, but I think the quality difference between the Adidas MIC and Indo is an even bigger gap than between the Reebok 2.0 and an Indo. 

I've still never seen an indo. Full moon put the Tampa third up but it's an undo. Thought about grabbing it to play in since I wouldn't care about jacking it up to bad. I don't know how a 52 indo fits compared to a 52 2.0

4 minutes ago, gwarjis said:

Got this Rockford Icehogs Rockford Peaches Jersey today!

r3x0zdfjr9g01.jpg

I hope it’s an enforcer’s jersey at least.