Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I think the more appropriate question is who to get put on it: Betty Spaghetti or Marla Hooch?

Masterful work right there, Stillwell Angel. 

Yup, it's blank. Thinking about turning it into a Geena Davis

43 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

Is that a blank?

Got this Rockford Icehogs Rockford Peaches Jer

43 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

Is that a blank?

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Masterful work right there, Stillwell Angel. 

Edited by gwarjis

9 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

I've still never seen an indo. Full moon put the Tampa third up but it's an undo. Thought about grabbing it to play in since I wouldn't care about jacking it up to bad. I don't know how a 52 indo fits compared to a 52 2.0

Some might disagree, but I'd strongly suggest going one size up on the Adidas vs the Edge 2.0.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, once you see the Canadian ones, you'll see even more how bad the Indo are. 

I have said it before, but I think the quality difference between the Adidas MIC and Indo is an even bigger gap than between the Reebok 2.0 and an Indo. 

100% spot on.  I actually detest the Adidas Indo's more than I do the Fanatics.  At least the Fanatics don't pull any punches with what they are lol.

44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

100% spot on.  I actually detest the Adidas Indo's more than I do the Fanatics.  At least the Fanatics don't pull any punches with what they are lol.

I would add, if I were not a jersey collector but simply a fan who wanted something to wear to games, I’d go with the Fanatics jersey all day long because the material is so soft and comfortable. 

One big difference with the Adidas Indo's vs. the Reebok ones is the MSRP. The Edge Indo's were about $300, whereas the Adidas ones are $180, and I bought 2 for much less. That does make a difference. I just look at the Adizero retail jerseys as a glorified replica with stitched crests and strange sizing's. Never once have I thought that these were what was worn on the ice. I really have had limited exposure to the Fanatics replicas. But it seems that because Fanatics is also a retailer, a big one at that, they may have issues getting other retailers to sell their products. I've only seen them in person at the CBJ store, and a retail store that Fanatics owns. Other than that, if they have jerseys, they are Adidas.

8 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

Some might disagree, but I'd strongly suggest going one size up on the Adidas vs the Edge 2.0.

Count me in as a disagree-er. The first Adidas jersey I bought was a 52, but it was just so long (and I'm 6'). 52 in 2.0s are a good length for me. So I switched to 50 for Adidas and it's still a bit long but manageable. I don't love them but I've pretty consistently been able to buy them for $130 and less so I'll chalk that up as a win.

Now the made in Canada ones are a different story. Got my hands on a 54 and it's closer to a 52 2.0. Really hope they become available at some point because they're great.

10 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

One big difference with the Adidas Indo's vs. the Reebok ones is the MSRP. The Edge Indo's were about $300, whereas the Adidas ones are $180, and I bought 2 for much less. That does make a difference. I just look at the Adizero retail jerseys as a glorified replica with stitched crests and strange sizing's. Never once have I thought that these were what was worn on the ice. I really have had limited exposure to the Fanatics replicas. But it seems that because Fanatics is also a retailer, a big one at that, they may have issues getting other retailers to sell their products. I've only seen them in person at the CBJ store, and a retail store that Fanatics owns. Other than that, if they have jerseys, they are Adidas.

A ton of fans believe otherwise as that's how Adidas is marketing/positioning these.

lol just last week a guy in a Devils fan group erroneously claimed that they are the same as what the players wore on the ice.  When I said they are not, he proceeded to claim that I was "breaking his balls", curse me out and then block me.  Oh and then he continued to publicly bash me after he blocked me as well lol.  Last time I give jersey advice in there until I forget as I am a glutton for punishment lol.

16 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

One big difference with the Adidas Indo's vs. the Reebok ones is the MSRP. The Edge Indo's were about $300, whereas the Adidas ones are $180....

Totally agree with this. It almost seems unbelievable how often Adidas and 3rd parties are running sales on the Indo-zero jerseys. You can grab them for barely over $100 if you're patient. I know I grabbed a Hawks when they were first released for $115 shipped. Practice jerseys for $75 shipped. Of course, I returned them all because they're absolute garbage, but for a casual fan that is a helluva deal compared to Reebok EDGE pricing.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

A ton of fans believe otherwise as that's how Adidas is marketing/positioning these

Stole my thunder. It's blatant false advertising and it also hampers efforts for those of us who want an Adidas Made In Canada game jersey. Staff in team stores and retailers are trained to sell the Indozeros as game jerseys. Adidas hockey's twitter account will like and retweet every product compliment they get, but when I ask politely if/when the actual game jerseys will be available, they don't respond. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Edge Indos were $300? I do not recall that. But I wasn't seriously collecting when they first came out. 

They carried the same MSRP as the Canadian jerseys that they replaced. Ok, maybe $285. Point being, they were priced, blank, much higher than the current Adidas. Doesn't mean that anyone who hates them is wrong. No, but the Indo Edge price point is what really disappointed me. They weren't bad products, just way, way overpriced.

Edited by rabinsurance

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

Stole my thunder. It's blatant false advertising and it also hampers efforts for those of us who want an Adidas Made In Canada game jersey. Staff in team stores and retailers are trained to sell the Indozeros as game jerseys. Adidas hockey's twitter account will like and retweet every product compliment they get, but when I ask politely if/when the actual game jerseys will be available, they don't respond. 

Why should they?  They can easily claim they didn't see your tweet and quite frankly 99% of the fans do not care.  They are marketing to largely the same people who think knockoffs look just as good or even better than the official ones.

4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Why should they?  They can easily claim they didn't see your tweet and quite frankly 99% of the fans do not care.  They are marketing to largely the same people who think knockoffs look just as good or even better than the official ones.

Believe me, I get it. I'm just an old grumpy b@stard who grew up managing sports retail when every customer's want meant something. Companies getting bigger and not giving a f*** about customers is reason 1 of 6,597 I left the company I left a couple years ago.

Edited by Van67

On 2/14/2018 at 0:39 AM, vadarx said:

a John Scott 'hawks jersey? niceee. excellent choice. 

btw, if this is the same biscuit I am familiar with from the 'hawks board, I am totally outing you as a closet Oilers fan.... ?

Wouldn't be right to have my 'Hawks collection minus the '16 ASG MVP. To watch Bettman have to hand him that million dollar check and the chants of "MVP!" was the highlight of the weekend. Best ASG in years. I'm not the same person on the 'Hawks board but as an Oilers fan too there's no closet big enough to hide the disappointment in the franchise since '92-'93. Well, except for '05-'06 and last year. :)

13 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

A ton of fans believe otherwise as that's how Adidas is marketing/positioning these.

Yeah. I find the use of the term "Authentic" to be disingenuous. Most people will interpret that as "what the players wear." In reality it means "actually made by the company whose logo is on it."

To me, the companies intentionally use that confusion to their advantage.

13 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Totally agree with this. It almost seems unbelievable how often Adidas and 3rd parties are running sales on the Indo-zero jerseys. You can grab them for barely over $100 if you're patient. I know I grabbed a Hawks when they were first released for $115 shipped. Practice jerseys for $75 shipped. Of course, I returned them all because they're absolute garbage, but for a casual fan that is a helluva deal compared to Reebok EDGE pricing.

Really... $100? I haven't seen anything that good, except for ASG jerseys for 50%. (Yeah, I caved on those and they absolutely suck. I have a Rangers Winter Classic and that's not bad, and the HFC I posted above, which I find to be decent.)

TBH, the Adizeros seem more comfortable to wear for a casual fan vs the MiC Edge 2.0s. I prefer the MiC's, but I see *some* appeal for the Indo Adizeros.

Edited by artificialintuition

9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I was in the Devils, Rangers and Islanders team stores last week. I can't tell you the # of times I heard "Oooh--that one has the strap!"

For most people, that's all that matters, and fight strap = on-ice equivalent.

5 hours ago, Van67 said:

Believe me, I get it. I'm just an old grumpy b@stard who grew up managing sports retail when every customer's want meant something. Companies getting bigger and not giving a f*** about customers is reason 1 of 6,597 I left the company I left a couple years ago.

Yeah-- but not every product can meet the needs of every customer, ya know?

I hate it, but I recognize they have a product which makes 99% of their customers happy. I wish there was a product (retail MICs) for those of us who are more discerning.

4 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Wouldn't be right to have my 'Hawks collection minus the '16 ASG MVP. To watch Bettman have to hand him that million dollar check and the chants of "MVP!" was the highlight of the weekend. Best ASG in years. 

can't argue with ya!