It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

2 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

Yeah-- but not every product can meet the needs of every customer, ya know?

I hate it, but I recognize they have a product which makes 99% of their customers happy. I wish there was a product (retail MICs) for those of us who are more discerning.

In this case, it's not like Made In Canada game jerseys don't exist. We're not asking them to make something special. If you have a customer willing to spend upwards of $400 CDN for one, you make the sale and there's so few of us who care about it (in comparison to how many fans don't) that making that sale when it's there isn't going to put a dent into their needs. The old company I worked for never carried everything everyone wanted in the store or even within the entire company, being Western Canadian, but we had a large list of products we could bring in if we had a paying customer. Then the bigger company bought us and that ended, s*** hit the fan in many other ways and life went on lol.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

I was in the Devils, Rangers and Islanders team stores last week. I can't tell you the # of times I heard "Oooh--that one has the strap!"

For most people, that's all that matters, and fight strap = on-ice equivalent.

For years that was the case. 

"Stitched" and "fight strap" mean authentic to 90% of people, even though a lot don't even know about the strap and just go off "stitched." Big box retailers here call Premiers the "real thing" because there is some kind of stitching around the crest and emblems. Hence the reason knockoffs do so well because they have even more stitching in the patches, even though size and color are way off. Why get a Ferrari when a red Fiero with a horse emblem is "the same thing."

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

In this case, it's not like Made In Canada game jerseys don't exist. We're not asking them to make something special. If you have a customer willing to spend upwards of $400 CDN for one, you make the sale and there's so few of us who care about it (in comparison to how many fans don't) that making that sale when it's there isn't going to put a dent into their needs. The old company I worked for never carried everything everyone wanted in the store or even within the entire company, being Western Canadian, but we had a large list of products we could bring in if we had a paying customer. Then the bigger company bought us and that ended, s*** hit the fan in many other ways and life went on lol.

The market for the MiC ones are still pretty tiny compared to the other jerseys.  Plus with the better materials it might be cost prohibitive for them to even make enough for retail sale given the tiny market.

16 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

"Stitched" and "fight strap" mean authentic to 90% of people, even though a lot don't even know about the strap and just go off "stitched." Big box retailers here call Premiers the "real thing" because there is some kind of stitching around the crest and emblems. Hence the reason knockoffs do so well because they have even more stitching in the patches, even though size and color are way off. Why get a Ferrari when a red Fiero with a horse emblem is "the same thing."

More like 99% of people.

At the arena I have seen tons of fakes, legit replicas and authentics with beyond terrible customization (including screened customization), and stuff that is off the rack from the team store or from online outlets.  The number of people who have MiC/team issued/game worn jerseys are the arena are very few and far between.  Most people have 1 or maybe 2 jerseys they wear for many years at the jersey and that's it.  They really don't care what it looks like as long as it somewhat resembles what the team wears.  It is good enough for them.

I have also seen plenty of people buy fakes with full knowledge they are knockoffs.  All these people care about is price and believe me there are far many more of them than they are of us who care about what our jerseys look like.

Edited by Devilsguy

39 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

The thing that annoys me the most with fans that deliberately purchase knockoffs and defend their rationale for doing so is how they will pay $12 for a $1.25 can of beer (and usually multiples per game) with no complaining about the markup on that but when it comes to buying a licensed jersey of any sort they all become financial analysts and are budget conscious.

I've heard the comparison before, but I am not sure it translates well. Nobody is complaining about jersey markup, they are complaining about the regular cost. 

You're talking about a 1000% price increase for the beer between what you pay from a deli and what you pay at the arena. By that logic, a $300 jersey in the stadium should be available outside the arena for $30. 

That being said, the people who buy the knockoffs don't see value (for them) in buying a $300 jersey, but they do see value (for them) in buying multiple beers. I could almost guarantee you if the arena had sh!tty $2 beers and good $12 beers available, they would sell a fvck ton of sh!tty beer. Would also make the crowd and leaving the arena pretty interesting. 

I personally could care less whether people purchase and wear knockoff jerseys, it makes zero difference to me and only makes my stuff feel cooler and more rare. But I also do not spend my time engaging people about their knockoff jerseys (that's a Facebook/other websites thing rather than an IJ thing, I am sure), so I have never engaged in that debate. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've heard the comparison before, but I am not sure it translates well. Nobody is complaining about jersey markup, they are complaining about the regular cost. 

You're talking about a 1000% price increase for the beer between what you pay from a deli and what you pay at the arena. By that logic, a $300 jersey in the stadium should be available outside the arena for $30. 

That being said, the people who buy the knockoffs don't see value (for them) in buying a $300 jersey, but they do see value (for them) in buying multiple beers. I could almost guarantee you if the arena had sh!tty $2 beers and good $12 beers available, they would sell a fvck ton of sh!tty beer. Would also make the crowd and leaving the arena pretty interesting. 

I personally could care less whether people purchase and wear knockoff jerseys, it makes zero difference to me and only makes my stuff feel cooler and more rare. But I also do not spend my time engaging people about their knockoff jerseys (that's a Facebook/other websites thing rather than an IJ thing, I am sure), so I have never engaged in that debate. 

I don't think the markup argument is the issue.  It's the fact that these same people see a $130 Fanatics replica and say "I don't have that kind of money!" and cry poverty how they have kids/cars/housing they have to pay for.  However, at the same time they are crying about $130 they managed to squeeze together to find 4 tickets to a game, 2-3 beers for the dad, chicken tenders and fries for all 4, parking, etc that is often more than what the jersey cost.

I know everyone has different priorities, but at least come out and say "I don't want to spend that kind of money on a jersey" rather than the old cry poverty and say "But I don't have money to spend on a jersey!"

21 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I don't think the markup argument is the issue.  It's the fact that these same people see a $130 Fanatics replica and say "I don't have that kind of money!" and cry poverty how they have kids/cars/housing they have to pay for.  However, at the same time they are crying about $130 they managed to squeeze together to find 4 tickets to a game, 2-3 beers for the dad, chicken tenders and fries for all 4, parking, etc that is often more than what the jersey cost.

I know everyone has different priorities, but at least come out and say "I don't want to spend that kind of money on a jersey" rather than the old cry poverty and say "But I don't have money to spend on a jersey!"

That's a far better argument. 

I think the best, from a Blackhawks perspective, is when people wear knockoffs in the CME seats between the benches and in really pricey seats in general. 

Its priority. Some people steal low quality MP3s because it's good enough, but then lease a $75,000 truck they can barely afford. Or someone buys $5000 custom guitars but they don't fix the exhaust leak on their '91 Baretta. 

Me? Lately I spend my extra cash on jerseys and music gear, even though I could really use some wardrobe updates. (Key takeaway: new jerseys ARE wardrobe updates)

4 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

For those who truly know how the Devils fan base tends to operate with the buying of tickets, jerseys and merchandise, the frustration you are exposed to everyday/every game leads to the engagement. It gets even more frustrating when people knowingly buy them for what they are then try to tell others that there is little to no difference from a licensed jersey. It's like they are trying to justify a purchase they know is wrong while convincing others to do the same so they feel better about it. 

I guess I just don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about what other people say about why they buy something. I've never been exposed to that kind of frustration at a game, and I have never even had a conversation with anyone about the authenticity of the jersey they are wearing. Even if I did, I wouldn't be frustrated by that because I don't care what other people wear. 

9 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Translation aside, if you have the income to buy multiple beers knowing you are being gouged 1000%, then you have the income to buy a licensed jersey without complaining about the cost. If someone wearing a knockoff averages 3 beers at the game last night, a burger at concessions plus the $40 they spent on the knockoff, they could buy a nice authentic jersey from you instead! :-)

Like everything, its about priorities. I have seen season ticket holders at the arena wearing fake jerseys. They obviously have some extra cash and could buy a real jersey. But its not important to them. Still others may just choose not to spend their money on jerseys. I could say I can't afford a BMW, but based on my income I would be able to if I wanted to, but it would be at the expense of other things. Likewise I could afford to spend $200 a ticket on a game and get awesome seats, but if I get $50 seats instead, I can go four times instead of once. 

Simply stated, there's nobody going to games on a regular basis that "can't afford" a real jersey, unless someone else is paying the bill for them. 

2 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I think the best, from a Blackhawks perspective, is when people wear knockoffs in the CME seats between the benches and in really pricey seats in general. 

Its priority. Some people steal low quality MP3s because it's good enough, but then lease a $75,000 truck they can barely afford. Or someone buys $5000 custom guitars but they don't fix the exhaust leak on their '91 Baretta. 

Me? Lately I spend my extra cash on jerseys and music gear, even though I could really use some wardrobe updates. (Key takeaway: new jerseys ARE wardrobe updates)

I'll add also, some people don't have the concept of saving figured out either. Some may see a $300 bill for a single jersey and say "I can't afford that", and instead but a $50 fake. Because they want it NOW, even though they could just put aside that $50 plus $50 every week, month, whatever, and have $300 to spend in no time. 

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess I just don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about what other people say about why they buy something. I've never been exposed to that kind of frustration at a game, and I have never even had a conversation with anyone about the authenticity of the jersey they are wearing. Even if I did, I wouldn't be frustrated by that because I don't care what other people wear. 

Like everything, its about priorities. I have seen season ticket holders at the arena wearing fake jerseys. They obviously have some extra cash and could buy a real jersey. But its not important to them. Still others may just choose not to spend their money on jerseys. I could say I can't afford a BMW, but based on my income I would be able to if I wanted to, but it would be at the expense of other things. Likewise I could afford to spend $200 a ticket on a game and get awesome seats, but if I get $50 seats instead, I can go four times instead of once. 

Simply stated, there's nobody going to games on a regular basis that "can't afford" a real jersey, unless someone else is paying the bill for them. 

I have largely been trying to not get bent out of shape about this particular thing over the past 6-12 months (with mixed success).  However it does flare up when I try to sell (especially on FB and since you are not on there I think that shields you from this sort of nonsense) and I get a possible buyer who asks questions, is interested and then when it comes time to pay you get the old "I can't afford it right now" routine.  This often happens when the same person is posting pictures of him or herself on FB with them at a game recently in a lower level ticket and holding a $13 beer and $16 chicken tenders after paying $30 to park right outside the arena.  The other time this flares up is when the discussion of fakes comes up and you always have the people who are acting like the cost of the jersey will literally make them destitute.  I just try my best to avoid conversing about fakes in the FB groups now (and again with mixed results).

I have zero problems with people telling me they would rather spend their money on beer and tickets than jerseys.  That's 100% fine.  I would rather have these people tell me that giving me the poverty spiel.

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'll add also, some people don't have the concept of saving figured out either. Some may see a $300 bill for a single jersey and say "I can't afford that", and instead but a $50 fake. Because they want it NOW, even though they could just put aside that $50 plus $50 every week, month, whatever, and have $300 to spend in no time. 

This is huge too.  We live very much in an insta-grat society where the mere concept of saving now for something better later is alien to far too many people. 

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

(especially on FB and since you are not on there I think that shields you from this sort of nonsense)

Reason #417. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Completely agree. Got my 2013 and 2015 SCF Hawks jerseys in 2017. Better late than never I guess.

...not that the patches or customization have been done yet. So 2018 hopefully...?

Buying fake/knockoffs is a no, no for me. The money is going to the black market, who knows where it goes. By enriching these guys some day those same people will be selling fake medicine or fake car parts. As for the adidas jerseys, they are crap. Cheaply made. I’d rather buy a nice cheap gamer or a game issue. They’re getting cheaper every year. Just my two cents

37 minutes ago, Respect the fist said:

Buying fake/knockoffs is a no, no for me. The money is going to the black market, who knows where it goes. By enriching these guys some day those same people will be selling fake medicine or fake car parts. As for the adidas jerseys, they are crap. Cheaply made. I’d rather buy a nice cheap gamer or a game issue. They’re getting cheaper every year. Just my two cents

Bring that up to the masses who love fakes and they just laugh at that.

I know, just saying. The fake ones are done with better material and better stitching. But they stick out like a Trump supporter with a red hat at a Hillary rally. I have yet to see a well don’t Leafs jersey. Im sure you guys see it too.the bubbles on the number , the crest. I just can t believe the quality of the adidas jersey. If they were like the 2016 World Cup jerseys I’d buy one. Those are nice. I think even the Reebok from last year were flimsy as well. 

1 hour ago, Respect the fist said:

34 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Bring that up to the masses who love fakes and they just laugh at that.

I laughed too. I'm pretty sure that nobody graduates from making fake jerseys to fake pharmaceuticals. 

1 minute ago, Respect the fist said:

Ya I’m sure they just make jerseys. And reinvest their profits into making more jerseys. Why counterfeit other things. Never heard of that. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I laughed too. I'm pretty sure that nobody graduates from making fake jerseys to fake pharmaceuticals. 

Why make ummm idk, Fentanyl when you could make fake jerseys

Wonder where fake Fentanyl is coming from????

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wonder where the fake Fentanyl is coming from??

I think it starts with a C

15 minutes ago, Respect the fist said:

Wonder where fake Fentanyl is coming from????

Wonder where the fake Fentanyl is coming from??

I think it starts with a C

China?

we all know the authentic fentanyl comes from Canada.