It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

31 minutes ago, Respect the fist said:

Ya I’m sure they just make jerseys. And reinvest their profits into making more jerseys. Why counterfeit other things. Never heard of that. 

27 minutes ago, Respect the fist said:

Why make ummm idk, Fentanyl when you could make fake jerseys

Right because sewing together fabric and making medications are the exact same process. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right because sewing together fabric and making medications are the exact same process. 

Right but greed and crime usually escalate when paired together. 

7 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

The thing that annoys me the most with fans that deliberately purchase knockoffs and defend their rationale for doing so is how they will pay $12 for a $1.25 can of beer (and usually multiples per game) with no complaining about the markup on that but when it comes to buying a licensed jersey of any sort they all become financial analysts and are budget conscious.

my favorite is watching 'hawks games and they show the people who won the between the benches seat auction and they have fake $30 jerseys on when I know they spent a good bit of coin to get those seats.... drives me nuts...

just echoing what has already been said, I have no problem with people buying the game jerseys. I do have a problem when they try and tell me they are "just as nice" or any other bull zit like that. or they do as someone else said and try and get others to buy them as well to make themselves feel better. 

personally I would not be caught dead with a knock off on or even in my possession. but that is just me. to each his own.

12 minutes ago, vadarx said:

personally I would not be caught dead with a knock off on or even in my possession. but that is just me. to each his own.

I’d have to expect most of not all of the people on a jersey collecting website to have the same opinion. 

7 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I don't think the markup argument is the issue.  It's the fact that these same people see a $130 Fanatics replica and say "I don't have that kind of money!" and cry poverty how they have kids/cars/housing they have to pay for.  However, at the same time they are crying about $130 they managed to squeeze together to find 4 tickets to a game, 2-3 beers for the dad, chicken tenders and fries for all 4, parking, etc that is often more than what the jersey cost.

I know everyone has different priorities, but at least come out and say "I don't want to spend that kind of money on a jersey" rather than the old cry poverty and say "But I don't have money to spend on a jersey!"

This is exactly why asking people what they value or why they behave the way they do is much less accurate than observing their behavior. What people TELL YOU does not always match reality.

They spend $130 on one thing and not another? It's not lack of money, it's lack of priority. Pretty simple.

It's only when some people LISTEN to those comments that it gets confusing. 

The real answer is "I don't perceive enough of a difference between a $50 knock-off and a $130 Fanatics jersey much less a $300 MIC one to cause me to spend the additional cash, yet I do value being in the arena vs sitting in the corner bar (or at home) more as an experience to get me to release that cash."

And that's OK.

I live in a snowy environment and am a ski racer. Many of you might say that you couldn't afford what I spend on skis, but the reality is that you simply don't prioritize it. Or for someone else it might be one set of speakers vs another. Or a guitar. Or a designer handbag vs a knock-off. Or, or, or.

At the end of the day it's a shirt for many people -- and one that might get stained. 

Many of these people could buy a $300 dress shirt, or one for $130 or $39.99.

Edited by artificialintuition

10 minutes ago, artificialintuition said:

Many of these people could buy a $300 dress shirt, or one for $130 or $39.99.

Now I realize I also spend too much money on my dress shirts. 

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Now I realize I also spend too much money on my dress shirts. 

I bought a jersey instead of new dress shirts. It's just really hard to find dress shirts made in Canada.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

A couple patches that's it

4 hours ago, vadarx said:

my favorite is watching 'hawks games and they show the people who won the between the benches seat auction and they have fake $30 jerseys on when I know they spent a good bit of coin to get those seats.... drives me nuts...

Is it OK if someone has a nice house but drives a $hitty car?

Perhaps someone cares about the experience and not the memorabilia?

Not saying I agree with their choice, but I don't have to.

26 minutes ago, artificialintuition said:

Not saying I agree with their choice, but I don't have to.

neither do I, so I don't go screaming into the United Center and tear into people. folks can do whatever they want, just as I can be annoyed with someone looking like tool sitting in $500+ seats with a s***ty $30 dollar piece of junk on.

so I get on here and whine about it, as I am free to do. quit harshing my buzz, bro.

I missed a lot in the fake jersey discussion! Rather than going back to read it all, I'll chime in with my two cents...

I get that people want a deal. In the end, if someone isn't going to spend what it costs to find a licensed jersey, I'm not going to instigate an argument. When I managed a sports retail store, I saw more than a fair share of fake jerseys on my customers' bodies. I said nothing unless asked, and most of the time, giving an honest yet polite answer as to whether or not they got a good deal on the real thing was met with hostility. Whatever, you're mad, good for you lol. One guy I remember did drive me to lose it a bit and as him why he's spending as much on the hat I'm ringing through for him as he did on his jersey that's supposedly the real deal. I lost that $45 sale, but I was ok with that. Guy was maybe a buck-fifty soaking wet, no taller than Theo Fleury and he was adamant that his skin-tight Bieksa jersey was the real thing. His little-man syndrome went into full effect when I told him there's no way that the jersey he was wearing would fit over an NHL player wearing equipment... nevermind the fake strap I could tear with my bare hands and the logo that looks like a 4 year-old drew it onto the jersey with a wax crayon. (I didn't use those terms lol, I just grabbed a licensed premier jersey off my rack to show him.)

As for the topic branch-off to other illegal products, the factories making fake jerseys in China will stick to making fake jerseys in China. Those factory owners are not likely taking jersey money and making s*** like fake drugs. That said, money spent on fake jerseys absolutely supports illegal, and often child labour. Some of your $30-50 on a fake jersey can absolutely fund organized crime. That, to me, is my biggest problem with people knowingly buying fake jerseys. If you try to open someone's eyes to that, you get told off... for the sole reason that the person telling you off thinks a jersey should cost as much as a hat or t-shirt they are willing to pay full price for.

My main ire is directed at the teams and the NHL. I remember some years ago, there was a "fight the fake" campaign for some NHL teams, meanwhile douchebags were likely selling fake jersey out of their trunks in arena parking lots before games to fans with tickets. If teams really want to "fight the fake", they would employ people who know what they're looking at to stand at the turnstiles and not let anyone in the arena with a fake jersey. (I know how unrealistic that is!)

Edited by Van67

7 hours ago, Van67 said:

If teams really want to "fight the fake", they would employ people who know what they're looking at to stand at the turnstiles and not let anyone in the arena with a fake jersey. (I know how unrealistic that is!)

There’s more than a few people on this site that seem like that would be their dream job. 

And then what? Turn them away at the gate? No team would do that. Confiscate then? Again, not happening. No team would ever do that. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s more than a few people on this site that seem like that would be their dream job. 

And then what? Turn them away at the gate? No team would do that. Confiscate then? Again, not happening. No team would ever do that. 

Seriously though.  You think a team like the hurricanes or panthers are going to turn away fans when their arenas half full to begin with?

The one and only way to fight this is the fake stuff has to be caught when coming into the country.  

20 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Seriously though.  You think a team like the hurricanes or panthers are going to turn away fans when their arenas half full to begin with?

The one and only way to fight this is the fake stuff has to be caught when coming into the country.  

Yup. And that has zero to do with the NHL or it’s teams. 

8 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I'm not sure a knockoff is a "deal." It's just cheap. Peoole aren't getting a deal, they're getting what they paid for. Disposable junk.

Correct, a deal is getting something for less than it’s worth, not paying $40 for a box of turds. 

Guest Dr_Puck
14 hours ago, furiousd said:

I'm excited to finally have one of these. Customization isn't quite right, but I'll deal with that eventually. In the meantime, this is up there with the skating Admiral third for my favorite minor league jersey.

2018-02-16_06-04-34

Awesome jersey, buddy. This is a nice looking shirt. It's nice to see a new jersey arrival in the jersey arrival thread, as opposed to ...

Edited by Dr_Puck

14 hours ago, furiousd said:

I'm excited to finally have one of these. Customization isn't quite right, but I'll deal with that eventually. In the meantime, this is up there with the skating Admiral third for my favorite minor league jersey.

2018-02-16_06-04-34

I approve this goat.