Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pick up! 

What is the extra fabric sewn on the mid section of the fight strap? 

Edited by Hockey Bob
Misspelling

Recent arrivals:

XvdN67f.jpg

2s5DUhh.jpg

No, that is not a spot on the Islanders jersey. There's something on my phone's lens (I'm getting it replaced soon, since the phone is 3 1/2 years old) so it can't be helped.

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Nice pick up! 

What is the extra fabric sewn on the mid section of the fight strap? 

It’s a tracking chip. The Pens scan it during the games. You can get a printout of exactly when the jersey was worn. Really cool stuff. 

Is that MIC Pens a Rowney or a Crosby?

3 hours ago, KB67 said:

It’s a #67 Bourbonnais soon to be a Crosby

Nice pickup

Sorry guys  didn’t mean to start this. Here’s the newest addition my the 300+ NHL fights.(3 down, 2 to go) 1988-89 Chris Nilan Pre season gamer. I first started focusing on only 300 and over NHL fights but, since then I started expanding a bit. For example , Rob Ray has 294 fights, Shawn Thornton has 182 NHL fights, and 224 AHL fights for a total of 406 professional fights ?,Joey Kocur has 270 Nhl fights and 359 career fights, Kelly Chase has 209 NHL fight, and 401 career fights including WHL and IHL. Mick Vukota has 248 NHL, and 437 career fights. So then I had a look at enforcers with 100+ NHL wins. And there are 9. It just doesn’t stop ?. What do you guys think??. Im sure you guys know there’s a lot of great enforcers out there in the minors as well that can be divided into dozens of categories. How do you guys collect?

Tie Domi 338  

Tiger Williams 327

Chris Nilan 315 

Bob Probert 304

Craig Berube 302

39 minutes ago, Respect the fist said:

What a great post and theme - love it!

Here's my 300+ NHL fights group of gamers - '03-'04 Tie Domi Leafs 3rd, '84-'85 Tiger Williams Red Wings home, '83-'84 Chris Nilan Canadiens road, '93-'94 Bob Probert Red Wings & '00-'01 Craig Berube Capitals -

I completed the top 10 all-time NHL PIM's collection back in 2016 as well - that was a tough search to track down all of them!

Here’s my Chris Nilan 1988-89 pre season. Also worn by Larry Melny during 1986-87.

003.JPG

Edited by bobbyp6565

Finally got around to taking photos of a GI MIC Aid-Zero jersey. I mentioned before that I'm surprised at the differences between it and the MIC WCOH jersey I have. Figured they would have been identical, but the NHL version feels much heavier and more robust. Isn't that the opposite of what Adidas said these jerseys were supposed to be? 

DSCF4496-vi.jpg

I am not looking forward to stripping this after my current two strip projects, but I plan on making this a Crosby and then selling it. No place in my collection for a Pens jersey, just wanted to check out a MIC NHL jersey

DSCF4501-vi.jpg

I *might* keep this as I got it for only $75 and just add it to the rotation of practice jerseys at the rink. I will admit I like the fit over pads, but the quality is so f-in terrible. 

DSCF4485-vi.jpg

Got this off eBay for $40. Stripped the jock tag and the WCOH shoulder patch. Will be a practice jersey at the rink. 

1518967848802-vi.jpg

Funny enough, with the exception of double shoulders and a fight strap, the 'Premier' WCOH jerseys feel pretty much identical to the 'authentic' practice jerseys. 

23 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I am not looking forward to stripping this after my current two strip projects, but I plan on making this a Crosby and then selling it. No place in my collection for a Pens jersey, just wanted to check out a MIC NHL jersey

What size ya got there?

2 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

What size ya got there?

54. Wanted something I could wear if I wanted to. Smallest pro stock size they make. 

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

54. Wanted something I could wear if I wanted to. Smallest pro stock size they make. 

This isn't true, at least for the Flyers. There are definitely players wearing 52's this year.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

This isn't true, at least for the Flyers. There are definitely players wearing 52's this year.

Sorry, I was referring to the Pens. I’m surprised anyone wears 52. The cut is so different from EDGE that a 52 would be closer to a 50. Gives me hope to find a 52 GI/TI Hawks some day