• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

This arrived today!

But now have somehow magically disappeared.....

That’s the nicest pickup I’ve seen in a while, and unlike the Rangers, that probably doesn’t leave as terrible of a taste in your mouth. 

4 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

This arrived today!

2v2JQSfbyx2YANR.jpg

But now have somehow magically disappeared.....

......from the playoffs.

Edited by jsh139

3 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s the nicest pickup I’ve seen in a while, and unlike the Rangers, that probably doesn’t leave as terrible of a taste in your mouth. 

That’s what she said. 

4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Embrace the tank.

I would imagine the bigger liquor chains have them. Anywhere you'd find a 12-pack of Molson most likely.

The funny thing is this was my 3rd attempt at getting all six teams. The other two cases shorted teams. You'd figure there would just be two of each team in every pack but noooooo. I ended up with five Bruins and four Leafs on the first try! Who the hell wants those???

How many remember the Vandevelde jerseys on ebay from years ago? This was one I picked up with 44's in twill on the shoulders and back. Years later I decided to strip it and have EPS send me a vinyl Coffey kit for it. Gotta love those vintage CCM's.

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

20 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

it's much thinner than edge 2.0 right?

I just got my first adidas gamer lately (Pens Ryan Reaves home set1) and after having been quite anxious about the quality, I actually like it. 

It‘s of course no CCM ultrafil and some people might prefer Reebok‘s 2.0, but especially the shoulder material looks and feels great, and is quite solid. And probably more sturdy in that area than 2.0s.

Only real contra are the sleeves with their  weak seams and stitching, but at least this adds nice wear.

Overall quite surprised and happier than I thought.

9 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I would imagine the bigger liquor chains have them. Anywhere you'd find a 12-pack of Molson most likely.

The funny thing is this was my 3rd attempt at getting all six teams. The other two cases shorted teams. You'd figure there would just be two of each team in every pack but noooooo. I ended up with five Bruins and four Leafs on the first try! Who the hell wants those???

I don’t care for Molson, but I’d buy a few duplicate bottles from you so I can complete the quest faster. 

Hope you guys with the MIC Pens have better luck stripping them than I did. The back numbers on mine were absolutely concreted on. Luckily I just need to clear a couple spots (was a 61, going to do 81) but after a lengthy Goof Off session, I made very little progress.

12 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

How many remember the Vandevelde jerseys on ebay from years ago? This was one I picked up with 44's in twill on the shoulders and back. Years later I decided to strip it and have EPS send me a vinyl Coffey kit for it. Gotta love those vintage CCM's.

004.JPG

I picked up a bunch of the Vandevelde jerseys, he had a bunch of really cool jerseys, and they all smelled musty. 
Is that kit correct for that Pens jersey? Shouldn't the numbers be thicker? 

14 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I picked up a bunch of the Vandevelde jerseys, he had a bunch of really cool jerseys, and they all smelled musty. 
Is that kit correct for that Pens jersey? Shouldn't the numbers be thicker? 

Nope. I had a few Pens gamers from that era and the numbers were significantly narrower than they would be later on in the 90’s. 

BITB’s jersey looks good to me.  Back in the late 80’s, there were changes in the Penguins’ letter and number fonts, sometimes from set to set.  If I’m not mistaken, the jersey pictured is made up as a 1987-88, and there were some game jerseys that year with a font just like that.

bit of an obscure one: a EIHL (the UK league) referee's jersey from the mid-2000s, believed to be worn by Andrew Dalton.

momNNM0.jpg

4VZgzKf.jpg

unfortunately photos of Mr Dalton are pretty much impossible, but I was able to find a video in which I believe this exact jersey is in, which also just happens to be a video of one of the most infamous moments in the league's history (including Wade Belak vs Eric Cairns):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjdzEDWmY_4

6 hours ago, TheBZ said:

Hope you guys with the MIC Pens have better luck stripping them than I did. The back numbers on mine were absolutely concreted on. Luckily I just need to clear a couple spots (was a 61, going to do 81) but after a lengthy Goof Off session, I made very little progress.

You have any pics?  

12 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

LOL @ the Specsavers Opticians advertisement! There's truth in advertising after all! 

I totally missed that, and it’s hysterical. 

9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

BITB’s jersey looks good to me.  Back in the late 80’s, there were changes in the Penguins’ letter and number fonts, sometimes from set to set.  If I’m not mistaken, the jersey pictured is made up as a 1987-88, and there were some game jerseys that year with a font just like that.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked out lots of game used sites, game pics and even cards to get it done correctly....or as close to correct as possible. Even did the separate air-knit swatch for the A. You're right about it being for the '87-'88 season, I wanted his first year Pens from the low budget vinyl days.