It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

42 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

If the 6 would be covered by the 8 why bother causing any further damage?  
And why would you remove the 7 to put another 7 on? 

Because the numbers may not be identical since it was initially done by Pro Knitwear and I am having it done locally, so my guy said that if I’m going to strip it, I should do it all.....

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

Gotcha, 

I thought it was customized by the team

It was. Pro knitwear is the customizer for the Penguins 

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

Because the numbers may not be identical since it was initially done by Pro Knitwear and I am having it done locally, so my guy said that if I’m going to strip it, I should do it all.....

EPS advises doing this even on their own work they are re-doing, as different batches of material may not match exactly. But in that situation, of course, if you are replacing the same number you need not worry about glue, only for the number that’s changing. 

This is giving me such anxiety seeing these pictures.

Has anyone stripped a Flyers jersey yet? I know someone (mfitz?) stripped a Devils jersey, which is also Philly Xpress customization... they didn't use much glue right? I know they haven't used much glue on Flyers jerseys in the past.

I have a #15 that I'll likely be changing to a #19, so just the top corners of the #5 need to come off SUPER clean, the rest will be covered.

And at least it's an orange jersey... definitely won't strip a white one for a long time until someone else goes first.

21 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Has anyone stripped a Flyers jersey yet? I know someone (mfitz?) stripped a Devils jersey, which is also Philly Xpress customization... they didn't use much glue right? I know they haven't used much glue on Flyers jerseys in the past.

I have a #15 that I'll likely be changing to a #19, so just the top corners of the #5 need to come off SUPER clean, the rest will be covered.

And at least it's an orange jersey... definitely won't strip a white one for a long time until someone else goes first.

Not sure if @Hollywood Cannon stripped his yet? 

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

Yes, I stripped a Devils. There was ZERO glue residue. Parts of the numbers didn’t even need to be pulled off the jersey, they just separated after I popped the stitches. 

I was going to cover #5 with #8, but decided since it came off so clean, #13 would work just fine. 

Based on my experience with the red, I’d have no fear of stripping a white one. 

13 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

If the 6 would be covered by the 8 why bother causing any further damage?  
And why would you remove the 7 to put another 7 on? 

I bought a #61 and specifically asked Pro Knitwear if I could leave the 1s so they could just add 8s to make up a Kessel, and they suggested removing it all.

This was the worst of it, but this is just compression from the stitching and came out completely after pressing/washing.

39676602202_5f756acf84_b.jpg

So I decided to be the guinea pig for the Flyers jerseys. Stripping a Carnival Lehtera #15 and covering it with a Patrick #19.

Really only two nervous areas:

- Getting the Carnival patch off

- The top corners of each #5, the #9 will cover the rest of it

First, I went for the patch...

39542942415_c2c4788153_b.jpg

Aside from two really tiny glue spots, that came off really clean. I was worried about damage to the dimples, but they seem fine:

40439183271_1610ef7905_b.jpg

The numbers were not as forgiving, and definitely left some glue residue. I've hit this with an iron and a t-shirt, with not much luck. Rubbing the glue after hitting it with the iron through the t-shirt seems to break it down a little bit, and like I said, I'm really only worried about the top corners of the #5, so overall... this is gonna work out ok for me, but I dunno that I'd want to try it again.

39542942235_0a603766a9_b.jpg

26567939458_8969997cdd_b.jpg

40439182891_2c989e6bdd_b.jpg

3 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I would think acetone should get the off pretty easily.  I've gotten worse off with it.

I tend to agree, I'm just really reluctant to use it based on some of the previous posts with the Penguins jerseys, and how I've seen the colors run on these jerseys. Kinda don't want to have to wash it too many times.

Got this yesterday and only fitting as his number will be raised into the rafters tomorrow.  Patrik Elias 14-15 red set 1 game worn.  Worn in 10 games and had 1 goal and 4 assists in this jersey.  Has some decent (for him) wear of 3 repairs on the left shoulder, a mark on one of the back numbers and some small random board burns/marks.  This is my 4th Elias currently in my collection and wanted a red one as the other 3 are white.

Edited by Devilsguy

So, after many attempts to fix the bleeding, I still have Yellow Bleeding away from the outline of the “7”. I’ve tried an Oxi Clean Strain Remover Stick, a 50/50 mix of water and bleach, and Acetone, and nothing is taking the yellow out of the jersey. I’m OK with the outline of the numbers, but I just want to get the staining out of the jersey. Any other last minute tips before this goes into the garbage?

Penguins Train Wreck of a JerseyPenguins Train Wreck of a Jersey

On the bright side, the numbers on the arms came off clean....

Penguins Train Wreck of a Jersey

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

You’re not really going to put that in the garbage are you?

Maybe he meant he’s sending it back to Pittsburgh.