Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

... about a year ago he had a guy doing CCM and NHL embroidery, but he said he stopped because of too many complaints from customers.  Both the CCM and NHL shield that he was doing were noticeably smaller than what they should have been.  Here's an example of the CCM that I had embroidered ... once I saw how it came out I didn't want the jersey anymore and sold it recently.

Ahh, I see.  Thanks for the info!

Picked up something truly bizarre. This is an Adizero prototype/test jersey. The jersey was likely used for durability testing and the tic marks on the tag found on the back of the jersey are likely the number of wash cycles it was run thru. The jersey uses Blue Jackets shoulder patches (somewhat thinner then the final version), Blue Jackets captains C and numbers (same as final version), unknown name font (any guesses?) and a Pittsburgh practice jersey crest. The construction is different then the Blue Jackets jerseys, but that could just be because it is a different template or maybe this is the standard practice jersey template The Adidas wordmark is made from a rubber material instead of the embroidered wordmark on the final jerseys and it has embossed NHL shields randomly placed thru out the jersey.

IMG_8205-X2.jpg

IMG_8211-X2.jpg

IMG_8214-X2.jpg

IMG_8207-X3.jpg

IMG_8212-X2.jpg

IMG_8213-X2.jpg

2 hours ago, bluejacket said:

Picked up something truly bizarre. This is an Adizero prototype/test jersey.

Duuude, that is awesome!! Where did you find that thing and are there any others available?!

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If you’re not paying big bucks to Photobucket, you’re probably going to have most of your pics blocked from 3rd party hosting.  Try Flickr (what I use) or imgur.

For some reason I've had no issues with photo bucket.. Iv'e double checked I'm not being charged anything..

3 hours ago, bluejacket said:

Picked up something truly bizarre. This is an Adizero prototype/test jersey. The jersey was likely used for durability testing and the tic marks on the tag found on the back of the jersey are likely the number of wash cycles it was run thru. The jersey uses Blue Jackets shoulder patches (somewhat thinner then the final version), Blue Jackets captains C and numbers (same as final version), unknown name font (any guesses?) and a Pittsburgh practice jersey crest. The construction is different then the Blue Jackets jerseys, but that could just be because it is a different template or maybe this is the standard practice jersey template The Adidas wordmark is made from a rubber material instead of the embroidered wordmark on the final jerseys and it has embossed NHL shields randomly placed thru out the jersey.

IMG_8211-X2.jpg

39003637830_7fd24daf64_b.jpg

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Duuude, that is awesome!! Where did you find that thing and are there any others available?!

eBay, he did have a black one with a minor league team crest, Blue Jackets shoulder patches and numbers that I did not recognize, but it sold right after I bought this one.

Edit

Here’s it is: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282877763635

Edited by bluejacket

Is there some sort of documentation saying the Bills USA jerseys that were auctioned off were actually used in the outdoor game? Because I know they wore them against the Swedes in the semi-finals too (killing their mojo with the 1960 ones), which is one of the reasons I backed off of that auction. 

1 hour ago, Hawks2797 said:

For some reason I've had no issues with photo bucket.. Iv'e double checked I'm not being charged anything..

You’re one of the lucky ones.  Most of us with Photobucket accounts got notices saying that we would no longer get 3rd party hosting unless we paid a subscription fee, which iirc was at least $400 a year.  Like others, I just said f that and switched over to Flickr.

Mail day from Keener! More than thrilled with how these turned out... Easily #1 for my customization needs, being in Canada.

Norway "flag era"... Thanks to Brilliant! for the Warsteiner patches!

52DtApk.jpg

mJxaGx3.jpg

Belarus early 2000s

pMAiwmG.jpg

wXcwqWv.jpg

vabDk2o.jpg

Blues Starter Mesh

2kGEYwa.jpg

WOcStcY.jpg

5RdwC4o.jpg

Edited by Van67

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Is there some sort of documentation saying the Bills USA jerseys that were auctioned off were actually used in the outdoor game? Because I know they wore them against the Swedes in the semi-finals too (killing their mojo with the 1960 ones), which is one of the reasons I backed off of that auction. 

The Meigray LOA indicated that the Bills jersey was worn in that game and the indoor Jan. 4 game against Sweden. Wear on my jersey-- which you whole group of jerks ignored earlier today when I posted it-- was minimal. The Meigray letter indicated that there was one set total that included the white, blue, and Bills jersey. Honestly, I was surprised and grateful that the bidding didn't go higher but I think ClassicAuctions or some big auction house was ending that night. 

Oh cram it up your cramhole, LaFleur. I wasn't home until 6:30 tonight.

They're pretty great looking but I'm happier with what I got from Classic last month....once they clear customs anyway.

12 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

The Meigray LOA indicated that the Bills jersey was worn in that game and the indoor Jan. 4 game against Sweden. Wear on my jersey-- which you whole group of jerks ignored earlier today when I posted it-- was minimal. The Meigray letter indicated that there was one set total that included the white, blue, and Bills jersey. Honestly, I was surprised and grateful that the bidding didn't go higher but I think ClassicAuctions or some big auction house was ending that night. 

I don't know about anyone else but the pictures were not showing up for me.  Sorry:(

I do think that style is pretty cool though.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I don't know about anyone else but the pictures were not showing up for me.  Sorry:(

I do think that style is pretty cool though.

It was easy to dismiss as being a knockoff of a football jersey, but that’s why I think they're cool.

Got these beauties in today.

2007-08 Game Worn Danny Briere, road set 3/PO.  Has two nice team repairs and lots of marks and pilling. According to the population report, Danny wore this in 9 regular and 10 playoff games. He scored 7 goals and 8 assists in those games. Nice!

2007-08 Game Worn Danny Briere, road set 3/PO

2007-08 Game Worn Danny Briere, road set 3/PO (back)

2008-09 Game Worn Simon Gagne, "Last Game at the Spectrum".  This was worn in two pre-season games. 9/27/08 against the Hurricanes and 10/7/08 against the Phantoms. It has light wear, as is to be expected. Gagne scored an assist on 9/27 and a goal on 10/7.  Really happy to grab this one.

2008-09 Game Worn Simon Gagne, PS

2008-09 Game Worn Simon Gagne, PS (back)

Okay this is more like it. I might have to quit drinking.

I'm still waiting on my Classic haul to arrive but here's one of those eBay impulse buys. A USA David Emma (you turd Devils fans will remember him) captains' jersey from the National Team's 1991-92 regular season leading up to the Albertville Olympic games:

2v2JAKBvyx2YANR.jpg2v2JAKBULx2YANR.jpg

David was drafted by the doucheb--I mean Devils in 1989 and won the Hobey Baker with Boston College in 1991. He then went on to be a part of the Olympic team in France as the team almost pulled off another miracle. Most people don't know that the 1992 USA team had one of the best Olympic Games performances to date. They went 4-0-1 in the group stage and had the eventual champion Soviets at 2-2 after two periods in the semi-final. It ended there though as the Reds stormed through the 3rd with three unanswered goals to go to and win the gold medal game against the red crinkly leaves.

I've honestly never seen this style before. I knew they wore the Budweiser logo on the chest but the numbers and cheesy nameplate screen-printing is all new to me for this era. The guy I bought it from said he got it from the assistant coach...don't they all say that? I can pretty much say with all confidence that nobody in their right mind would EVER fake a David Emma jersey so I think I'm okay. 

In September 1991, the US Olympic team played the expansion San Jose Sharks at the Richfield Coliseum (which the Gund's owned also). They wore those jerseys, and I do remember the Bud logo. I don't remember much about the game, except I think it went into overtime. Nice find. 

Edmonton Oilers Theo 'Wrecking' Peckham gamer, 2013 season. This jersey is the last jersey of his NHL career and has light wear (hole on the back, a few marks here and there and the NHL shield is coming off)

20180320_163438

2018-03-20_04-35-31

I love new New Jersey jersey day. 

Special thanks on this one goes out to @jsh139 for alerting me to its availability as I am a non-Facebook person. 

27053643358_d2ec62bec6_b.jpg

27053643368_ae6d1cac82_b.jpg

And, back after a 4 month vacation in Rockford, IL, this one:

40883049902_306d9f86a1_b.jpg27053643288_f341d7d8a3_b.jpg

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

Mail Day! Too bad the flow is done for the season, but I'll be the best looking MFer at the game March 31.

TKIKai7.jpg

YIACQWB.jpg

Sio2KaM.jpg

Wicked man. I have one coming as well, but it won’t be ready before the end of the year. I have (2) games left for this season, so I’ll be wearing it next season. Did you get it from that UND website?