Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Jeez, who customized that hawks Amonte, this guy? Nice turnaround.

14zh5n.jpg

Excellent reference.

Got this in yesterday: Damon Severson Patrik Elias Retirement Night game worn auction.  Won it in the Elias night auctions that ended Thursday night.  Light wear consisting of a mark on the left sleeve, otherwise looks just about brand new.  Really digging the (correctly spelled) custom PX set tag for Elias night.  Really happy to have one that was worn on the retirement night of my all time favorite Devil.

Edited by Devilsguy

lol thanks.  So far it isn't nearly as bad as the Parenteau.  I am having it air out right now outside.

Either way it’s pretty badass. I think I like the Elias Night patch even more than the Brodeur Night Patch, which I also really liked. I like the bottom ribbon and that it’s not just a circle. 

The PX tags are that tell you it’s an Elias Night gamer are pretty cool too. Not that anyone would, but I wonder how easy it would be to for scammers to fake one?

1 hour ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

I am hoping my Elias Night Grabner is spared from odor, but i heard from a Ranger collector that Grabner sweats a ton (just grand....). Been pretty lucky not to get very many of these specialty jerseys that linger over the years. The worst was probably Pandolfo's 2010 Retro that went unwashed and sat in the MG warehouse for about 7 months until they were sold. It also had a Gatorade stain on the lower front hem that turned a shade similar to a pee stain lol. That came out with a spot wash, luckily.

I am so grossed out by all of this. 

:D

Edited by Devilsguy

The GW stuff is normally washed but sometimes specialty jerseys like these are packed up as soon as the sweat dries. Hagg’s Lindros retirement night jersey stank. IDGAF, I just washed it. Looks exactly the same and smells delicious now. 

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The GW stuff is normally washed but sometimes specialty jerseys like these are packed up as soon as the sweat dries. Hagg’s Lindros retirement night jersey stank. IDGAF, I just washed it. Looks exactly the same and smells delicious now. 

Only problem you ever have with that, especially with retirement night jerseys like that, is that they can tend to be signed. That's the worst.

45 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Then you don't want to ever collect game used/worn equipment......lol. 

Correct.

24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don’t understand not washing them. If the team was wearing them a second time, they’d be washed. Plus the one game jerseys seem to show less wear anyway.

But I’m lowly authentics collector, what do I know. 

Edited by mfitz804

13 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Only problem you ever have with that, especially with retirement night jerseys like that, is that they can tend to be signed. That's the worst.

Yeah, had it been signed I might have thought twice. But it wasn’t (thankfully). 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Correct.

I don’t understand not washing them. If the team was wearing them a second time, tgey’d be washed. Plus the one game jerseys seem to show less wear anyway.

But I’m lowly authentics collector, what do I know. 

Yup. Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yup. Agreed. 

Maybe some people are just big fans of having other men’s DNA all over them. I myself am not.

;)

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe some people are just big fans of having other men’s DNA all over them. I myself am not.

;)

Next time I will lick the salt off the fight strap and think of you.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Next time I will lick the salt off the fight strap and think of you.

Now I’m never making out with you again!!

;)

8 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Jeez, who customized that hawks Amonte, this guy? Nice turnaround.

14zh5n.jpg

That's about how I looked after cleaning off what looked like at least 10 years worth of dirt, stains, pulls and pilling. It was worth it though, it turned out great.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:51 PM, shilenj said:

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0611_zpsx8omgf6o.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0612_zpsgrv3mbrt.jpg.html?filters[user]=146233675&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0615_zpsapcaqe4a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/joeshilen/media/IMG_0614_zpsmj8tellz.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

I apologize if I wasn't supposed to use links.  I couldn't find the appropriate way to just upload the photos to the thread.

I got my Ekman-Larsson Coyotes Throwback back from Artcraft today.  I want to get your opinions because I'm honestly not satisfied with the work they did.

My biggest concern is regarding the letters.  They look blatantly crooked to me, especially those of "LARSSON."  The "O" and "N" at the end seem to be lower than the rest, as well.  Another concern is that the hyphen looks really uneven.  One side is rounded and the other looks pointed.

The other issue I have is that the numbers came back with about two slight imprints on the back "2".  I hope there's a way to get rid of this. Last, I sent the jersey in with tags and it came back with none.

This is the second time getting it back.  The first time they put a nameplate on it when there shouldn't have been.  All in all I've been waiting patiently for this one and I feel disappointed again.  I'm not sure where to go from here.

Now i know what that imprint is.... those are LA Kings numbers!  the small sleeve numbers, right?

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by tomtucker

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

Now i know what that imprint is.... those are LA Kings numbers!  the small sleeve numbers, right?

s-l1600.jpg

It certainly appears that it's a possibility!  Although I wonder what they were doing with the Kings numbers at Arizona's customizer.

I actually contacted Artcraft and they said to send it back in and they'd re-do the problem areas and would reimburse for shipping.  I'm going to send it back this week, so we'll see how it turns out when it gets back.  Third time's hopefully the charm.

Edited by shilenj

34 minutes ago, shilenj said:

It certainly appears that it's a possibility!  Although I wonder what they were doing with the Kings numbers at Arizona's customizer.

Probably like everyone else, they do other teams if asked. Why they were in top of each other when pressed, resulting in those marks, that I couldn’t say. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Probably like everyone else, they do other teams if asked. Why they were in top of each other when pressed, resulting in those marks, that I couldn’t say. 

Let's hope the jersey comes back great this time.... .....with no dik imprints ! 

:P

Edited by tomtucker