Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

2,864 posts in this topic

2001 Luc Robitaille ASG and 1998/99 Pavol Demitra Blues:

DSCN2465_zpsuesrbyjv.jpg

 

DSCN2466_zpsto3psyg6.jpg

DSCN2468_zpsa6dlndzo.jpg

DSCN2469_zpsiocu90q9.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Robitaille. Big fan of that ASG style for North America skaters and goalies but, that Blues Demitra is absolutely gorgeous. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Hall made that WCOH team, those Canada jerseys are sweet. Easily best of the tournament in my opinion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

2001 Luc Robitaille ASG and 1998/99 Pavol Demitra Blues:

DSCN2465_zpsuesrbyjv.jpg

 

DSCN2466_zpsto3psyg6.jpg

DSCN2468_zpsa6dlndzo.jpg

DSCN2469_zpsiocu90q9.jpg

I'm having EPS do my 1996-97 Blues as a Demitra. It's only a replica but hopefully it turns out at least half as nice as that one. 

And the Robitaille is absolutely gorgeous as well. That is still one of the best ASG sets the league has ever had. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel free to buy my Gaborik ASG since you like Kings players so much

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have all his ASG jerseys, haha!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MeiGray Delivery Day.

2016-2017 Set 1 Nick Foligno 3rd.  This jersey was worn during the Jackets 16 game winning streak including game 16.  

Foligno%202016-2017%20Game%20Wron%20Jers 

 

Foligno%20%202016-2017%20Game%20Wron%20J

 

2016-2007 Set 2 Scott Hartnell road jersey.  In April my wife, daughter and I following the Jackets down to NC to see the team play the Hurricanes.  During pregame warm ups Scott tossed a puck over the glass to my daughter and it made her day.  So I decided it would be cool to have the jersey he was wearing that night.  

Hartnell%202016-2017%20Game%20Wron%20Jer

Hartnell%202016-2017%20Game%20Wron%20Jer 

 

2016-2017 Set 3 (playoff set) Josh Anderson home jersey.  Josh scored his first career playoff goal wearing this jersey.

Anderson%202016-2017%20Game%20Wron%20Jer

Anderson%202016-2017%20Game%20Wron%20Jer 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Jackets 3rd jerseys look fantastic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Jackets 3rd, should be the home, then get the away but reverse colours.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Very nice Robitaille. Big fan of that ASG style for North America skaters and goalies but, that Blues Demitra is absolutely gorgeous. 

 

21 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I'm having EPS do my 1996-97 Blues as a Demitra. It's only a replica but hopefully it turns out at least half as nice as that one. 

And the Robitaille is absolutely gorgeous as well. That is still one of the best ASG sets the league has ever had. 

 
Thank you, gentlemen.  I'm glad you guys like it, but interestingly enough, that 2000/01 ASG style hadn't actually been one of my favorites, but I am warming up to it.  I still wanted one anyway for the Luc collection, and it took me at least 3 years of looking until I found one in a 46!
 
On the Demitra Blues, I knew I wasn't going to get EPS to do the screened gold "layer" on the numbers like CustomCrafted used to do, but for the hell of it I had EPS kiss-cut the numbers and run a single row of very tight stitches all the way across the gold strip, so at least from a distance it looks a little more like the original CC numbers:

IMG_7970_zpsat0i0jxe.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did a very nice job on the Demitra. I'm saving that picture in case I ever end up needing to do a kit like that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a bit of a risk on this one, but I think it's an authentic 83/84 Flyers Jersey - although I'm happy to hear opinions from others. Numbers look OK to me - the black layer seems the right width (although is it right that both layers are directly stitched to the jersey?), but I'm not convinced by the nameplate (which also looks to be a replacement for something longer that was previously on there)...

33772518394_f64a337c2d_b.jpg34573992656_dcfe3b2403_b.jpg33805517493_2cd977693e_b.jpg34453650592_6298c91d62_b.jpg

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lZhnVIbm.jpg

2000-02 TI Kings. Like any other 6100 size 58, this is far too large for me to wear, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a Kings jersey anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ash said:

I took a bit of a risk on this one, but I think it's an authentic 83/84 Flyers Jersey - although I'm happy to hear opinions from others. Numbers look OK to me - the black layer seems the right width (although is it right that both layers are directly stitched to the jersey?), but I'm not convinced by the nameplate (which also looks to be a replacement for something longer that was previously on there)...

 

Numbers look a little off, and the nameplate material looks like a different mesh, but still a nice pickup. 

Not sure where that crest came from, though. That's the second CCM mesh (the other also a Howe, ironically, that @cowboys used to own) with those curved wings. I've never seen a gamer with that crest, but my pre-1990 Flyers knowledge is a little spotty. 

Maybe @rob77ta can chime in if he comes on sometime. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

2000-02 TI Kings. Like any other 6100 size 58, this is far too large for me to wear, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a Kings jersey anyway. 

Wrong size of a team you hate...great pickup!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wrong size of a team you hate...great pickup!!!

LMFAO, 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wrong size of a team you hate...great pickup!!!

I am an indiscriminate collector but a massive hater. This I cannot deny!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I am an indiscriminate collector but a massive hater. This I cannot deny!

If I collected like that, I would have to build a separate wing on my house. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I collected like that, I would have to build a separate wing on my house. 

Hehe, true. I'm up to 112 jerseys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Numbers look a little off, and the nameplate material looks like a different mesh, but still a nice pickup. 

Not sure where that crest came from, though. That's the second CCM mesh (the other also a Howe, ironically, that @cowboys used to own) with those curved wings. I've never seen a gamer with that crest, but my pre-1990 Flyers knowledge is a little spotty. 

Maybe @rob77ta can chime in if he comes on sometime. 

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even noticed the pointiness / curviness of the wings on the crest until you mentioned it... It does not appear to be 'on-ice' exact compared to anything. Still, not as bad as this:

Image result for peterborough pirates jersey

My hometown team used to use a direct rip-off of the flyers logo, but were forced to switch it to this due to trademark issues.

I wondered if the jersey I got might be from some affiliate team or something, but it seems more likely that either CCM didn't pay too much attention to making retail jersey crests match, or that it is an after-market crest. Although I'm just guessing...

Edited by Ash
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! That is a ripoff indeed.

Here's the other one with the curved crest.  I've seen it before, just not sure they ever used it on-ice: http://www.ebay.com/itm/322224772156

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Ha! That is a ripoff indeed.

Here's the other one with the curved crest.  I've seen it before, just not sure they ever used it on-ice: http://www.ebay.com/itm/322224772156

That was mine 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ash said:

 

34453650592_6298c91d62_b.jpg

 

Looks like the jersey was originally a double-digit number, based on the stitch-holes visible in the twill of the fight strap.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cjerina said:

Looks like the jersey was originally a double-digit number, based on the stitch-holes visible in the twill of the fight strap.

BD73D426-827A-40ED-8CAA-D787F8AD9B65_zps

Nice detective work!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjerina said:

Looks like the jersey was originally a double-digit number, based on the stitch-holes visible in the twill of the fight strap.

Great spot! Thanks. I tried to work out what the numbers may have been, but there's not enough of a stitch imprint on the mesh material to tell. Makes sense though, as it definitely had a different, longer, nameplate at some stage...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now