Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

3,072 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I actually keep track of that stuff, and have lists for who wore what shield and when.  Back in 2013-14, only 3 players (Richards, Brown and Doughty) wore jerseys with Lextra shields, and they didn't have them for every set.  So for Carter, he'd have had the old shield for the regular season and playoffs, so you're good.

Just FYI, it wasn't until the next season, 2014/15, when more players started to have jerseys with the Lextra shield.  However, every season since then there is still a small handful of players who have had jerseys with the old shield (just for the home and roads), including 2016/17.

EXCELLENT.  Thanks, man!

You are very welcome, of course.  My anal retentiveness regarding shield accuracy caused a lot of issues customizing 3 of my Kings jerseys as 2016/17's, due to various patches (2017 ASG and NHL 100) being used only during certain times of the season.  I could not use certain combinations of patches because they didn't match with the shield type the player was wearing at the time.  It's a disease...

Edited by LAK74

I understand the disease.  It's both a blessing and a curse.  It's awesome having the knowledge and being able to help people out.  But, you obsess over the accuracy and one little thing being off will bother you. :/

I'm trying really hard to not care about lextra vs. hard patch shields.  Not sure it's working...

Even on this board, it seems most people couldn't care less.  But to me, there's just about as much difference between the hard and Lextra shields as there is between the CCM/Koho embroidered and Reebok 6100 patch shields, and just about everyone here cares about that.

49 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Even on this board, it seems most people couldn't care less.  But to me, there's just about as much difference between the hard and Lextra shields as there is between the CCM/Koho embroidered and Reebok 6100 patch shields, and just about everyone here cares about that.

I have often found this funny myself. I used to not care at all, and then I started hanging around with the likes of you people, and now I have to have 100% accuracy!!

After further thought, I do care.  I think on my Devils retro I'm gonna be a stickler and make sure I pick someone who works with a lextra patch.  Thanks to @Devilsguy for doing the list on that. 

17 minutes ago, furiousd said:

After further thought, I do care.  I think on my Devils retro I'm gonna be a stickler and make sure I pick someone who works with a lextra patch.  Thanks to @Devilsguy for doing the list on that. 

See, we are all bad influences on each other!

You guys are sick.

dYv1nTrm.jpgoTD1tvBm.jpg

Courtesy of Pro Knitwear. That completes my Phil Kessel trilogy, or Philogy, if you will.

2NgfZvjm.jpg

Given the sheer scale of trying to acquire every single NHL jersey Kessel has worn, I may go ahead and limit it to the white jerseys he's worn to limit the scale.

54 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Given the sheer scale of trying to acquire every single NHL jersey Kessel has worn, I may go ahead and limit it to the white jerseys he's worn to limit the scale.

Limit the scale?? What fun is that???

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Limit the scale?? What fun is that???

Kessel. Scale...

the joke almost writes itself. 

Poor Phil.

"Hey, Kessel isn't worried about "limiting the scale", why should you??"

22 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

...or hungry. 

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Courtesy of Pro Knitwear. That completes my Phil Kessel trilogy, or Philogy, if you will.

I really like those new Pens road unis... especially all patched up. My appetite for that jersey is only outmatched by Phil's appetite for... everything. Might have to get one one day and make it a Kessel as well.

47 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Aw man!  I should have gone with "Don't make him hangry."  :lol:

Yeah that was a softball you missed, my man. 

I'll tell you what, these jerseys get more beautiful every time I look at them

20638179_10154554552330881_1161316045695

20664087_10154554552450881_5799131039906

That Thunderbirds jersey is sharp.  Real nice.

Anyone have a link to a Roenick Barberpole game worn that sold on one of the auction sites awhile back?  I thought I saved it but can't find it now.  

OK, so to confirm, if I've got a Devils retro with the green neck tape, it has to be a 2014 Stadium Series, right?

No, the retro night jerseys in recent seasons (that are not patched-over wordmarks) also have the green stripe.

7 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

OK, so to confirm, if I've got a Devils retro with the green neck tape, it has to be a 2014 Stadium Series, right?

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

No, the retro night jerseys in recent seasons (that are not patched-over wordmarks) also have the green stripe.

Correct. That advice was only for the two players named, Jagr and Elias, who only wore the Lextra shield jersey in the SS. Brodeur would be in that group too. 

Anyone from the 2015-17 Retro night games could also be on there also. If it's 2017, you need the 100th sleeve patch as well.

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone from the 2015-17 Retro night games could also be on there also.

For the 2015 game at least, there were a few players (Gionta, Tootoo & Zubrus) who used patched over jerseys with the old shield and black stripe (no green).