Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

3,292 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2017 at 0:08 AM, SoNowWhat? said:

Thank you for sharing. I'm on my phone so might have something to do with it but that blue is dark. And should the "holes" be holes? Again on my phone so not easy to see great detail. 

The blue is darker this year.  One of the press releases I read said brighter orange, darker blue. 

I'm curious about the second question, too.  I think they're perforated - there is some orange showing through on the home jersey.

Yes, it's definitely darker. Edmonton has gone back to the copper-era shade of navy blue.

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

The blue is darker this year.  One of the press releases I read said brighter orange, darker blue. 

I'm curious about the second question, too.  I think they're perforated - there is some orange showing through on the home jersey.

Yes. I'm away from home for a week+ so still on phone and difficult to tell. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If its not the inside out thing (I can't recall but I don't think Ultrafil looks that different on the inside), it could be just a similar material with the same composition but knit by a different company other than Maska/CCM/whomever, and that's why it looks different. 

I don't believe it's inside out.  But with that being said that mistake shouldn't be made.  Maybe i'm just being too nit picky.  But I have a couple other issues with the number placement as well.  

FYI, I have a few nameplates on inside out. It's annoying, but I've seen it on gamers too, so it's technically ok. These are from Rob's collection:

7389732_orig.jpg

img-7408_orig.jpg

img-7447_orig.jpg

Edited by jsh139

I wouldn't mind the nameplate I could get over that.  But also the number placement is way off center and too close together. Top is the one off center, bottom is done correctly.  I'm guessing due to business picking up there is some help in the shop.  Same jersey same size just one is air knit.

IMG_8218_zps3y1rntb3.jpg

IMG_8214_zpspuca2zkx.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

24 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

I wouldn't mind the nameplate I could get over that.  But also the number placement is way off center and too close together. Top is the one off center, bottom is done correctly.  I'm guessing due to business picking up there is some help in the shop.  Same jersey same size just one is air knit.

I agree the top one is off.  I think the 7 should be a little closer to the centerline than the 2 due to the width difference, but that's too much. Keener?  This happened to one of mine, and they fixed it up no questions asked.   

Yeah I was shocked.. I never have issues.  Looks like I'll have to reach out to him.  Do you think since the business picked up that someone else did this?  Will he cover the shipping there and back? cause that alone will cost me $80. His work is always so flawless I am shocked how I did't get the ultrafil plate/or i got a possible inside out one, plus then the number issue.

Edited by Hawks2797

I don't know if they bring in extra help when busy, but that's been my hypothesis.  I've had two jerseys come back with what I'd call carelessness errors.  In both cases I got free return shipping.  That was fine with me, since I just waited until my next order and included the one to fix. 

21 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

His work is always so flawless I am shocked how I did't get the ultrafil plate/or i got a possible inside out one, plus then the number issue.

Neither Keener, EPS, nor any other customizer I know of uses real ultrafil for nameplates.  You just can't buy that stuff by the roll anymore, as far as I know.  Customizers just use the material with the closest texture possible, which is what you got.  If you want real ultrafil you will just have to provide it.  I've gotten plates from members here (albeit mostly black and white), like chow_hound, who has the real stuff.

Hey used ultrafil plates for the past three I provided. I always ask if he has it and say I can apply it if he doesn’t. He says he has it. 

I stand corrected.  I've sent in a few jerseys but have never gotten any ultrafil plates from Keener, but I've been OK with what he used.

Is what he used the same as what I posted?

I have a current order that I'm doing with Keener... hoping he actually does use ultrafill now, because I've been very specific that that's what I wanted.

On 9/26/2017 at 11:58 PM, D722 said:

Hey guys,

I got my Adidas jerseys done by the official Oilers' customizers. Definitely a step up from the pre-made customized jerseys from Adidas. Everything is sublimated and one layer. They get the kits from the Oilers via Adidas. Nothing is made in-house at the moment.

Oh wow, I like those perforated numbers!!  Edmonton really has a sharp look lately.

On 2017-09-27 at 11:33 AM, tomtucker said:

:blink: :wacko:

Not the craziest rumour in Montreal!

Been pretty quiet on my front lately. Moved from Los Angeles to DC this summer for a new job and trimmed down quite a bit of my collection. Since I'll be going to a bunch of Caps games I figured I'd pick up one of their jerseys. Always liked the design of the 2015 WC when they played the Hawks. Felt details on the letters/numbers is cool and the fact that the stars are completely sewn is a nice detail. The front crest seems to sit a bit low and is less on the chest and more on the stomach and the shoulders/sleeves are constructed differently than any other EDGE jersey I've owned. Either way, happy to add this to the collection. 

DSCF3500-vi.jpg

DSCF3503-vi.jpg

DSCF3501-vi.jpg

Last week I posted about a 20% off code from Adidas.com which worked on jerseys. Gave it a try knowing I don't like the Hawks' new collar and was not impressed the the Adidas WCOH jerseys. I am blown away by how crappy the material is. No double elbows, flimsy fight strap, and paper thin material much like that of the Reebok premiers. It's horrible. Needless to say, it's being returned. 

DSCF3504-vi.jpg

DSCF3506-vi.jpg

Went to the Canucks store to check out the Adidas stuff... bought this instead!

P1020843C (576x1024).jpgP1020827.JPGP1020835.JPG

On 9/28/2017 at 0:25 AM, Hawks2797 said:

Ok looking for some opinions here.  I have 2 ultrafil jerseys both done one with a for sure ultrafil nameplate and the other one with something that is close but not ultrafil.  Any ideas what material this is?  To most people probably couldn't tell, but i tend to notice these kinds of things.

IMG_8232_zpsoxassqzb.jpg

That looks like Starter ultrafil to me.

It is a tighter knit than CCM/Maska ultrafil

On 9/28/2017 at 5:23 PM, Hawks2797 said:

Is what he used the same as what I posted?

No, whatever Keener used on your Roenick jersey is very different than what I got back on mine.  On my jerseys the texture is very close to that of ultrafil, but it's not exactly the same:

Devils:

Nameplate NJD

Kings:

Nameplate LAK

Sometimes, you have to buy a jersey just because it’s your size and the price is too good to allow anyone else to have it. 

37424437612_814006dc3d_b.jpg

36785473053_97993e080f_b.jpg

Boston Bruins Milan Lucic Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 GI (one of the last/the last jersey prepared for him as a Bruin)

20171002_174621

20171002_174703

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Sometimes, you have to buy a jersey just because it’s your size and the price is too good to allow anyone else to have it.

Buying a jersey out of spite.  Lol, I totally get it.

I don't know where else to post this, but I can wait until Guam shows up with a Calgary jersey in his collection. 

oEzVVnT.jpg

97-00 Canucks - the first ultrafil in my collection. I’ll most likely be making it a 99-00 as I’ve had a loose authentic navy NHL2000 patch sitting around waiting for a jersey. 

Speaking of patches...

fzFgjCC.jpg

I also picked up a couple of SAP patches courtesy of JB, as I’ve decided that despite Team USA being an absolute gong show, I do plan to acquire both USA World Cup jerseys.