Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

4,173 posts in this topic

This arrived from Philly Express today (via Flyers SkateZone).

Picked up a team-issued (but not game-worn) 2.0 with #63. Stripped it and had it turned into a #68 Jagr. It was a 2014/15 sweater, but seems visually identical to the one Jagr is wearing in images from 2011/12, including the Reebok wordmark.

I have to strip the set tags as they clearly no longer apply.

I appreciate the tips given by forum members.

BpsOCly.jpg

MqeVJSu.jpg

That Jagr turned out great!  Did you strip everything, or did you leave the 6s in place?

@jsh139 -- Everything was stripped. Perhaps we could have kept the 6, but then you've got a chance that something is ever so slightly off between the 6 & the 8, and a subtle thing that would go unnoticed would then stand out.

I appreciated the tip you gave about the MGG sale. VERY helpful!

1 hour ago, artificialintuition said:

@jsh139 -- Everything was stripped. Perhaps we could have kept the 6, but then you've got a chance that something is ever so slightly off between the 6 & the 8, and a subtle thing that would go unnoticed would then stand out.

I appreciated the tip you gave about the MGG sale. VERY helpful!

Good deal. That was smart to strip it all.  No problem, glad it all worked out!

Got another one to add. I'm in a Jagr mood.

Picked up a team-issued Devils Edge 2.0 sweater and sent it off to EPS in the spirit of a 13/14 Jagr. 

qrkY7xB.jpg

vSe7Fq0.jpg

On a bit of a downer: As a birthday gift, I'm taking my boy on a road-trip in early Feb to see 3 NHL games vs the Flames (lucky kid!); he likes Jagr, too. I got a Flames Jagr jersey for him and me. About 2 weeks ago it became apparent that Jagr's time with the Flames (and possibly in the NHL) is likely over. We made the plans before Christmas... which is when I ordered the Flames jerseys.

He last played in December, and what looked like an injury is now the possible basis for not seeing him back this season. 

Oh well! I'm super bummed. I told my kid but I don't think he heard it as, "So you're telling me there's a chance he'll play?"

Hm.

14 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Good deal. That was smart to strip it all.  No problem, glad it all worked out!

Always been the way I do it too. EPS (most other places too, probably) would charge the same price for one number or two, so you might as well make sure it all matches. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Always been the way I do it too. EPS (most other places too, probably) would charge the same price for one number or two, so you might as well make sure it all matches. 

It's why I always ask them to throw in a bunch of extra letters and even a Captain's C or Alternate A. If I have a player with only 4 letters, such as Jagr, they charge as much as  a Vanbiesbrouck, so I ask for an extra 9 random letters to get my money's worth. 

3 minutes ago, artificialintuition said:

It's why I always ask them to throw in a bunch of extra letters and even a Captain's C or Alternate A. If I have a player with only 4 letters, such as Jagr, they charge as much as  a Vanbiesbrouck, so I ask for an extra 9 random letters to get my money's worth. 

That’s funny. 

Here in the UK to get football shirts printed they charge by the letter and number. 

hqdefault.jpg

Costs alot more than 

article-0-01D3AB7200000578-625_468x408.j

This beauty arrived today.  This completes my 3 Stanley Cup jerseys from 10, 13, 15.  I got real lucky to find this one already properly done up as Kane.  I  usually don't like to have my jersey autographed but I'm not going to complain on this one! 

Just need to throw on the 2010 Cup patch when it arrives. 

IMG_0639_zpshm1sacx9.jpg

IMG_0637_zpshus6zqki.jpg

IMG_0638_zpskk1dj89x.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

On 27-1-2018 at 0:42 PM, DJ Rhea said:

Here in the UK to get football shirts printed they charge by the letter and number. 

hqdefault.jpg

Slightly off-topic: I've played against Vennegoor as a kid :D

58 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Slightly off-topic: I've played against Vennegoor as a kid :D

I am assuming his child's size jersey could not fit all of that name; it would have been a complete circle around the number. Which, actually, would've been awesome. 

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am assuming his child's size jersey could not fit all of that name; it would have been a complete circle around the number. Which, actually, would've been awesome. 

:D

I've played against him when I was 7 or 8. Kids of that age don't have names and most of the time not even have numbers on their jerseys in those amateur leagues ;)

Edited by amonte78

5 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

:D

I've played against him when I was 7 or 8. Kids of that age don't have names and most of the time not even have numbers on their jerseys in those amateur leagues ;)

That was a very literal response. :) 

Vennegoor of Hesselink?  What is he a Count?

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Vennegoor of Hesselink?  What is he a Count?

If he was, he probably would have put Count Vennegoor of Hesselink on it. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If he was, he probably would have put Count Vennegoor of Hesselink on it. 

To me he would be Count Vinegar of Hasselbeck.

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

To me he would be Count Vinegar of Hasselbeck.

I was totally going to make a Hasselbeck joke and it eluded me. Well done. 

"Of" in Dutch is "or" in English. When Jan married his wife, they chose to have both family names. We're used to seeing such a name hyphenated, but in The Netherlands, they use the word "of" for this purpose. Hence Vennegoor "or" Hesselink. 

33 minutes ago, Van67 said:

"Of" in Dutch is "or" in English. When Jan married his wife, they chose to have both family names. We're used to seeing such a name hyphenated, but in The Netherlands, they use the word "of" for this purpose. Hence Vennegoor "or" Hesselink. 

Same people who stick their finger in a to stop a leak. Weird. 

:)

EDIT: posted this knowing its a huge fastball down the middle of the plate...

Edited by mfitz804

Hey everyone!

This literally just arrived and I've got some concerns... It's my first ever Nike (Swift) Authentic. As soon a I opened my package, I was blown away at how thin and paper-like (almost like a thin raincoat) this jersey feels. In addition to the actual feel of this thing, I noticed it missing the "IIHF" patch typically located under the "Made In Canada" label on the back of the collar. Secondly, there is no "Nike: Engineered to the exact specifications of professional athletes" label/barcode.

Here's the jersey: 

https://imgur.com/a/EvXgK

Edited by cheddarberg

This is what happens when you make hockey jerseys from recycled plastic. Welcome to the world of Nike. Disappointing to the last!

I like the look of all 3 Canadian Olympic Sochi Jerseys, but ya the texture of the material is weak and 2010 Olympics is almost worse.

I only have the 2 Nike jerseys and the 2010 has barcode, but the 2014 doesn't.  The 2014 has the IIHF tag though and price tags of 449.99... for a blank!!

I'm not sure if the barcode is for team issued and the lack of barcode is for retail authentics?? Or maybe it was discontinued at some point.

The 2010 also didn't require an additional patch where as the 2014 has the Sochi.RU patch that you still need to add.

39203724282_e0ecee9402_z.jpg

Edited by JJM4

Authentic Nike Swift jerseys for the Olympics from 2010 and on did not have IIHF tagging on them as the IOC does not allow anything but country identification and Olympic association logos on uniforms. Replicas sold with retailers had IIHF and at least for Canada, national association patches/embroidery, but authentic jerseys did not. (Though perhaps some of the retail authentics had the IIHF neck tag as that's never visible in a game anyway.) I'm sure a lot of us remember Hockey Canada scrambling to make a new uniform for the Olympics in 2010 when the IOC decided to finally enforce their own rules about the matter.

As for barcodes, I've never heard a confident answer on what exactly those were for. Some of my authentic IIHF jerseys have them, some don't. 

Edited by Van67

Ironing a no on this thing?

Edited by cheddarberg