It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

8 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Little off topic here.  But looking at getting a devils Christmas jersey all the numbers and nam and logo are all ironed on.  It has a CCMp stamp and custom crafted in white tagged on the rear hem.  Can any Devils fans give me some insight on this jersey?

As others have said it is preseason from the early 90's.  They were often recycled as well.  They even used them up to the 92-93 preseason as they waited till the first game of the regular season to debut their new (at the time) red, white and black jerseys.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

As others have said it is preseason from the early 90's.  They were often recycled as well.  They even used them up to the 92-93 preseason as they waited till the first game of the regular season to debut their new (at the time) red, white and black jerseys.

Memories of when we were all so excited for the new colors. I’ve said it before, but if you told me that 20 years later I would be spending several years searching out jerseys in the old colors, I would not have believed you. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Memories of when we were all so excited for the new colors. I’ve said it before, but if you told me that 20 years later I would be spending several years searching out jerseys in the old colors, I would not have believed you. 

Yeah I remember when I was young and being excited for the new colors.  No more kids at school teasing the team I loved because their jerseys remind them of Christmas or looking like pizza boxes.  Overall it just seemed at the time that the entire fanbase was overwhelmingly in favor of the change.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

Yeah I remember when I was young and being excited for the new colors.  No more kids at school teasing the team I loved because their jerseys remind them of Christmas or looking like pizza boxes.  Overall it just seemed at the time that the entire fanbase was overwhelmingly in favor of the change.

I didn’t know anyone who wasn’t in favor of it, but of course pre-1995 Devils fans were much harder to come by. 

I heard all of the clever Christmas comments also. Really creative. 

^ Great post!  :thumbsup:

Just a blank... well it's been stripped but there was zero glue residue so I have myself a new 35 year old Whalers Sandow. My first and foreseeably only Sandow I will own.  Soon to be a Francis #4 from 81-82 rookie season.  This is the same design they wore in 82-83 when Francis changed to #10 and they wore cooperalls. Is it just me or does 18 year old Ron Francis look like he's 38? 

Some pictures show the Whalers wearing a 10 years of hockey patch in 81-82 but any pics I've seen of Francis have been patchless.

41242386581_32910146c8_k.jpg

41242383771_be0b6125cd_k.jpg

27183391938_50dbf30e74_z.jpg

Edited by JJM4

Beautiful pickup!

Was that the one with the #30 on it?

Thanks! I was pretty pumped to get this one. Just happy to own a Sandow.

Yes it had 30 on it, but was probably the easiest strip I've done to date.

I was nervous about the strip to begin with, because it could have been Greg ****en Millen but now it's gunna be a Ronnie Franchise.

Edited by JJM4

Glad it worked out well for you- it’s always a bit nerve-racking when you have a rather expensive jersey that you have to strip.  However, the 2 Sandow mesh jerseys that I have were probably the 2 easiest strips I’ve done as well.

Yep.  I was hopeful since I successfully stripped another white mesh just days earlier.  There was glue left on that one, but it all came off with acetone.  The Whalers didn't really even require any cleaning after the strip.

Edited by JJM4

15 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Funny, I remember when the edge change happened I told myself I was never going to buy one because my collection was all ultrafil at the time and I hated the drop hem. Now I find the classic 6100 style cut hard to wear. The edge style fits so much nicer and the 2.0's are really nice.

I was the same way, anything newer just wasn't of interest to me but once I got that first 2.0 in the mail the shopping spree began. It actually helped jump-start my collecting again so it was a good thing all around.

8 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

Replicas and some Edge 1.0’s were released as retail. Only 2.0’s I’ve known about were a small handful of Team Issued ones that got snatched up.

Other than that, for gamers, it’s this opening night set and then the second 40th set that I believe was worn 4 games. That second set is nowhere to be found. Books will be written. 

Was able to get my hands on a MIC Hockey Fights Cancer Blackhawks.  Got it back from CSL today. Went with Captain Serious.  These are so much better looking in person and once customized!!

URL=http://s577.photobucket.com/user/matt84271matt8427/media/IMG_1332_zpsdwu3j0ak.jpg.html]IMG_1332_zpsdwu3j0ak.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1336_zpso6sobixw.jpg

IMG_1333_zpsjx7vgwgn.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

3 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Was able to get my hands on a MIC Hockey Fights Cancer Blackhawks.  Got it back from CSL today. Went with Captain Serious.  These are so much better looking in person and once customized!!

URL=http://s577.photobucket.com/user/matt84271matt8427/media/IMG_1332_zpsdwu3j0ak.jpg.html]IMG_1332_zpsdwu3j0ak.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1336_zpso6sobixw.jpg

IMG_1333_zpsjx7vgwgn.jpg

Nice!!! Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?

21 hours ago, gwarjis said:

Nice!!! Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?

Was going to ask the same 

1 hour ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Thanks.  We've owned a handful of these Devils red/green pre-seasons, they can be nice finds. I was hoping my response would provide information and insight and come across as informative about what we know. Hopefully, it would help someone read and understand who didn't know much about these jerseys, especially a non-GW collector. I wanted to use the knowledge we have of the topic on display, use specific examples and let the member draw his conclusion to buy the Shane Calder on the main board. 

Much better than the “I know it’s not authentic based on my experience” of the previous thread. Makes the forum a better resource to explain the thought process rather than just throwing out unsupported conclusions and leaving people to wonder if you have any basis for what you’re saying. The latter kind of defeats the purpose of aboard like this. 

Good job. 

Got these back from EPS today.

Ron Francis Starter

BAqJvQc.jpg

mY3DgLs.jpg

Glen Wesley Starter

PqoWxya.jpg

lY8d5Gw.jpg

Justin Faulk 2016 ASG

koU1YR5.jpg

cGW2vTF.jpg

Jaccob Slavin 16-17 road

M9tswtF.jpg

bqVRy1F.jpg

With the Wesley, now I have jerseys for all three of Carolina's retired numbers.

9K7LKMR.jpg

And here's a couple of other arrivals from the past couple of months.

Hurricanes practice jersey

AWM478B.jpg

And one from a defunct ECHL team that had a terrible name.

CnbyCvN.jpg

HA!! A Grrrrrrrrowl jersey!! I remember seeing the Titans play them many times back in the day. Tony the Tiger's favorite team too.

2 hours ago, Energy Legs said:

And one from a defunct ECHL team that had a terrible name.

47 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

HA!! A Grrrrrrrrowl jersey!! I remember seeing the Titans play them many times back in the day. Tony the Tiger's favorite team too.

That's Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrawful.

I love an early morning EPS delivery. 

Especially psyched about this one. Looked for one for years, size XXL never came up. It finally did, I bought it, and the thing was about 5 inches too short. I assumed it had been in the dryer. I returned it. 

Within a month, a second one came up, brand new and cheap. I jumped on it and its perfect. Very excited to only have $100 into it after customization.

41410155411_6d6c756367_b.jpg

39601094510_a18e65718b_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

Nice!  I remember those Devils black Starter jerseys ran a bit on the smaller side, especially the style you have (they have a second similar style).

That and the first batch of the Reebok black jerseys (Black Ice collection) were the nicest "fashion" jerseys the Devils have ever had.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Nice!  I remember those Devils black Starter jerseys ran a bit on the smaller side, especially the style you have (they have a second similar style).

That and the first batch of the Reebok black jerseys (Black Ice collection) were the nicest "fashion" jerseys the Devils have ever had.

The first one didn’t just run small, something was wrong with it. It was like 2 inches above my belly button. I’m tall but I’m not that tall. 

The new one fits a little snugger than say a CCM XXL, but not so much that I think one should buy a larger size, although you could if you like a looser fit. 

I’ve seen these customized a few different ways, but I elected to copy what was done on those awesome black River Rats alternate/event worn jerseys. White over red, typical Devils font.