It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

7 minutes ago, jsanz said:

A question for you all. the NHL logo in the Blues jersey has a texture looked to it. Almost like it has a mesh look to it. Is that new? Like current edge 2.0 update. Again sorry if this was covered somewhere else. Love the collection on this thread. We all love our individual teams yet share a passion for authentic jerseys. 

Looks like felt to me. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, furiousd said:

The NHL shield? I don't have that jersey, but it's probably Lextra.

I half read his question, thought he was talking about the crest. Shield should be Lextra. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I half read his question, thought he was talking about the crest. Shield should be Lextra. 

It is Lextra, and the crest is felt.  I hope they keep this jersey for next season.

New delivery from EPS.

I decided to sell this one even before it came back. But its another flawless glue removal job by EPS, was a GI that I stripped and you cannot tell it was ever done before. 

803CDDED-A53B-407A-816E-669CF850612B_zps

139FA65A-D0C3-4ECB-A742-9C9A648FABD5_zps

This one, however, I'm keeping. 

131192F4-A462-494A-A2C2-AF57EFCD0617_zps

AB4F2F3E-0C6F-4F61-953E-4D716DF7FB1D_zps

For the Elias retro, who was on that jersey first?  Was that a Leblond?

Reason why I am asking is that I was thinking of doing the exact same thing and making one into an Elias.  Since Elias only has a short nameplate compared to pretty much everyone else, is there really any evidence showing of the previous one?  It stripped that clean?

23 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

For the Elias retro, who was on that jersey first?  Was that a Leblond?

Reason why I am asking is that I was thinking of doing the exact same thing and making one into an Elias.  Since Elias only has a short nameplate compared to pretty much everyone else, is there really any evidence showing of the previous one?  It stripped that clean?

It was a Peters #25. There was a little residue after I stripped it, but I asked EPS to clean that and it looks like it was never there. Granted, it's only one letter shorter, but still. 

My first non-NHL non-US national team jersey, courtesy of a seller on eBay - a Lucas McKinley PEI Rocket gamer. The team LOA doesn't indicate when he wore it, but it certainly does show signs of game use. The 1 from the right sleeve is also missing.

ukO9owVm.jpgKfrSKuMm.jpg

I guess this isn't overly exciting, but I'm pretty happy with these. The jerseys themselves aren't new, but I finally got the sponsorship patches put on, and they really look great with it added.

FullSizeRender%202_zpsmjqdxjzo.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsjcvbbssy.jpg

FullSizeRender%201_zpsjfugscdl.jpg

So tempted for a team NA Matthews.  

I picked this up off a member a while back and totally forgot to take pics of it.  If your an 80's kid like myself you can appreciate the awesomeness.  All it needs is a Racki Thunder Bay Bombers jersey beside it.

31961531644_4e9cd05847_b.jpg31961531774_112f429892_b.jpg

56 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

TMLFAM -- nice Mustangs! Is it Ultrafil? Did someone customize it using silkscreened main logo?

That was mine.  Jersey is an 90's Red Wings Air-Knit Authentic (although UltraFil would have really cool).  And yes, everything is screened on - just like in the movie.  Nothing was sewn on, everything was screened on, and the numbers were a pain to remake - I have not ever seen that style of numbers other than in this movie, so a thanks to Photoshop, we were able to custom make everything. I made two jerseys - I kept one, and sold the other to TMLFAN.

CD619BB6-3E21-4D70-917A-CA6EFD1064B1_zps

F5844A12-834B-4189-A745-C14A43A1790C_zps

Quack...Quack...Quack...

I normally don't collect replicas, but I got this for a steal.  It has a small hole in the elbow (as you can see in the picture) and the shoulder patches are coming unglued.  I think I might stitch the shoulder patches on, so they don't completed peel off.  Think that is a good idea, or would I be hurting the value because it would not be like it originally came? Also, with the EPS sale coming up - Selanne or Kariya?

1DCFC013-770D-4A18-A45A-F4956E2D7825_zps

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

DSL135 -- nice patches on the WCOH jerseys. Are the SAP patches real ones or repros?

TMLFAM -- nice Mustangs! Is it Ultrafil? Did someone customize it using silkscreened main logo?

The SAP patches are repro's, but they basically look exactly the same when placed next to a gamer (I don't own one, just saw a pic next to a gamer).

52 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I have not ever seen that style of numbers other than in this movie...

I've seen that style of "1" before on the early 80's Flames jerseys.  It's pretty distinctive.

IMG_7357_zpsmotsscwr.jpg

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Quack...Quack...Quack...

I normally don't collect replicas, but I got this for a steal.  It has a small hole in the elbow (as you can see in the picture) and the shoulder patches are coming unglued.  I think I might stitch the shoulder patches on, so they don't completed peel off.  Think that is a good idea, or would I be hurting the value because it would not be like it originally came? Also, with the EPS sale coming up - Selanne or Kariya?

Sew them down or at the very least press them down again with an iron.  Go with Selanne.

since the mustangs questions have been answered what everyone's thoughts on removing the shield from the hem?

4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Sew them down or at the very least press them down again with an iron.  Go with Selanne.

since the mustangs questions have been answered what everyone's thoughts on removing the shield from the hem?

It can be done but there will always be the outline of a shield there. Between the outline of a shield or the shield itself, my vote is to leave it, it'll look cleaner. 

Oh it can be done.  I've done it a couple times already.  True about the outline but can get away with it since it's white.  It'll stick out a lot more on a dark colour.

Nothing super fancy, but my first Lecavalier jersey. Love the paint brush font with his rookie number. 

20170204021347_IMG_9572-1_zps5dm5xdov.jp

20170204021511_IMG_9573-1_zpsiip0xqjl.jp

Picked up another Marlies gamer. Just love the crests on their jerseys. 

20170204021942_IMG_9574-1_zpslf01eepi.jp

20170204022022_IMG_9575-1_zpstbfx3wvu.jp

Was digging through my collection the other day and realized I'd never photographed this one. 

It's never been my favorite AS design but never the less, a needed piece to my Stevie set.  

20170204033554_IMG_9576-1_zpsg4jpvg7c.jp

20170204033636_IMG_9577-1_zpsrpqv9kmo.jp

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

3 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Continuing the Red, White and Blue run I've been on...

Yeah, you have a bit of an illness...

But those look great. 

Finally photographed some stuff I added, really like these 2:

1) From the Meigray clearance racks, 2002/03 Florida Panthers red Kyle Rossiter with the ASG patch. Light wear, likely only worn for 1 game.

C70F0016-XL.jpg

C70F0019-XL.jpg

2) About time I added a Mustard alt of the Predators, and this JP Dumont was too cheap to pass up. Naturally I added a second Mustard a couple weeks later!

C70F0014-XL.jpg

C70F0015-XL.jpg