Brilliant!

It arrived today v. 8.0

3,493 posts in this topic

According to the Meigray population report you have Johnson's Navy set 2 worn between 12/5/05 to 2/9/06.  Looks like the placement is right from game photos in that time period and his away white jerseys are in the same place as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Greg+Johnson+Predators+2006&biw=1162&bih=709&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjd-ojCjLHSAhXK7BQKHY5ZCUoQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=A7etAhIPeGPF2M:

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

According to the Meigray population report you have Johnson's Navy set 2 worn between 12/5/05 to 2/9/06.  Looks like the placement is right from game photos in that time period and his away white jerseys are in the same place as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Greg+Johnson+Predators+2006&biw=1162&bih=709&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjd-ojCjLHSAhXK7BQKHY5ZCUoQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=A7etAhIPeGPF2M:

Thanks for that - I'm not doubting the legitimacy, rather I think the placement of it is poor stylistically.

Where did you get the dates worn from? I've looked in the population report, and don't see it there. Or is it that all teams have to switch jersey sets on a mandatory date?

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

Thanks for that - I'm not doubting the legitimacy, rather I think the placement of it is poor stylistically.

Where did you get the dates worn from? I've looked in the population report, and don't see it there. Or is it that all teams have to switch jersey sets on a mandatory date?

If you go to the report there should be a tab at the bottom that says "set dates" or something along those lines.  That brings up a sheet with all of the teams in the program and when they wore each set.

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If you go to the report there should be a tab at the bottom that says "set dates" or something along those lines.  That brings up a sheet with all of the teams in the program and when they wore each set.

Thanks for this info, I never knew that (I'm new to all this). There's a whole world of info there to waste away time when I should be working. I can see that jersey only got used 9 times - that doesn't surprise me as there's little evidence of wear.

9 minutes ago, Ash said:

Thanks for this info, I never knew that (I'm new to all this). There's a whole world of info there to waste away time when I should be working. I can see that jersey only got used 9 times - that doesn't surprise me as there's little evidence of wear.

You're welcome!  I actually counted 10 times but that is still not bad for a team that wears 3 sets these days.  Teams with that many sets usually wear each one for 8-14 games on average.  There are exceptions of course (Devils wore their 2011-12 white set 1's for 24 games and all from this set have very good wear) , but not often.  Could be worse like the Rangers who wear I think 5 sets of the home and the away and 2 sets of Heritage jerseys.

21 minutes ago, Ash said:

I agree. That should have been lower, just on the blue.

Maybe they did it that way so that it would be the same position as on the white jersey.  I'm not sure it would fit in the navy space on that one.

greg-johnson-of-the-nashville-predators- 

Edited by furiousd

40 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Maybe they did it that way so that it would be the same position as on the white jersey.  I'm not sure it would fit in the navy space on that one.

That could be it, you're definitely correct. 

trGy4a1.jpg

3SsdLOP.jpg

I finally caved and ended up buying this and it was worth every penny because it's even more beautiful in person. And while I'm at it, if anyone has a blue one to match, I'll gladly work something out with yaaaa.

Edited by Kincaid521

Every single uniform they're wearing this year is really nice. Even that Centennial one grew on me after a while.

18 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Every single uniform they're wearing this year is really nice. Even that Centennial one grew on me after a while.

I completely agree. At first the silver on the Centennial threw me off, but the blue-on-blue numbers on the back look amazing.

I'm waiting for my Matthews from JB.

Pretty amped this came in. Gonna make it a Matthews

image_zpsa2j5fpp3.jpeg

This is gonna be a Nylander #39

image%201_zpscv7igozb.jpeg

Edited by Phil the Thrill

Game worn 2016 Dustin Byfuglien All Star. 

20170227155130_IMG_9740-1_zps7fvcqgot.jp

20170227155240_IMG_9741-1_zpsrdut8n7n.jp

Woah, Dude. Nice! 

38 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Woah, Dude. Nice! 

Thanks man! Really excited to add this one. 

I really have to start forcing myself to stop buying these but when they sell for so cheap and are minty fresh I just can't resist.  My first Ultrafil in a 56 and yes it is massive.  Two of me can fit in it.

32786536740_96a7eb8da4_b.jpg33041412711_db20935c22_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I really have to start forcing myself to stop buying these but when they sell for so cheap and are minty fresh I just can't resist.  My first Ultrafil in a 56 and yes it is massive.  Two of me can fit in it.

Nonsense...who can resist a Leafs Ultrafil. 

Nice pickup man.

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Nonsense...who can resist a Leafs Ultrafil. 

Nice pickup man.

High five bud

I've been bargain bin shopping lately, just trying to get some older style jersey in my collection - this was only $85!

I believe this would be the 1996-97 style jersey based on the tagging and that in the 97-98 season, they did not use nameplate - based on game worn jersey pictures I saw - so this would be a 1996-97 Home Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Paul Karyia Jersey. (sorry for the awful iPhone photos)

CCF5D673-D508-44CC-BD40-7C18C51218D2_zps

5BB8659F-0A67-4529-B1FF-6432024BCA13_zps

This is my first Nike jersey, and it appears to be UltraFil.  I know I have heard for FloKnit, and I don't think this would be that material.  I am sure there are others that have more knowledge then I do that can chip in.  Great jersey with a great design - I have always loved the puffy crest and shoulder patches.

3 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

That is a beauty!  Thinking of game 6 in LA everytime I aee a Leafs blue ultrafil

5 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I guess that's one way to make sure you get correct customization on those.

5 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

One of the top guys on the "there's no way that actually spells...." list. 

50 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

That is a beauty!  Thinking of game 6 in LA everytime I aee a Leafs blue ultrafil

Thanks for the reminder.  All ruined because of Kerry F(&^*** Fraser

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

One of the top guys on the "there's no way that actually spells...." list. 

I just resort to calling him...Buffy-Glenn.