Do AHL team sites sell Indos or 2.0s?

I'm looking to pick up a Rockford jersey (and a San Diego when they start selling authentics) but the listing on their site says nothing about where they were manufactured. I'm leaning towards them being Indos and not worth buying, but I'd appreciate any insight anyone else may have.

19 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

All AHL jerseys are made in Canada. Replica and authentic.

Thank you. I also got confirmation directly from the IceHogs that they are both Canadian-made and CCM-branded. Now the question becomes when I will buy one.

The amount of jerseys that they make for AHL teams is so small there is no need to send it overseas. Many teams don't even buy enough to sell authentics so the run is just what is done for the team's purposes. And those that do sell authentics sell much smaller quantities than NHL teams would, so they can do those runs in the plant in Canada. 

2 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

The amount of jerseys that they make for AHL teams is so small there is no need to send it overseas. Many teams don't even buy enough to sell authentics so the run is just what is done for the team's purposes. And those that do sell authentics sell much smaller quantities than NHL teams would, so they can do those runs in the plant in Canada. 

Yeah, that makes sense. 

Alright, one last email sent to the Hogs to confirm whether or not custom requests on the website are fulfilled by EPS. If I can avoid the additional step of having to send off to EPS myself, that would be nice.

I didn't notice it before, but the Hogs' page says to allow 4-6 weeks extra for customized jerseys. That's pretty much a dead giveaway that they send them to EPS. Buying the customization directly costs more than what EPS would charge, but the savings from only paying one shipping charge instead of three more than makes up for the extra cost.

21 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I didn't notice it before, but the Hogs' page says to allow 4-6 weeks extra for customized jerseys. That's pretty much a dead giveaway that they send them to EPS. Buying the customization directly costs more than what EPS would charge, but the savings from only paying one shipping charge instead of three more than makes up for the extra cost.

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

4-6 weeks? They must have VIP status.

Yeah 4-6 weeks does not scream EPS to me. I've never gotten a jersey back in 4 weeks, and only one or two in 6 weeks. 

Well, as I said, I emailed them. They aren't pre-customized like the NHL.com Indos and the customization cost ($75 per jersey) is around the range EPS charges so that's my theory. I'll find out once I get a response from them.

EPS charges $55 to customize the red and white jerseys and $65 for the cream alternate, so if they are customized by EPS, the savings in shipping pay for the additional $10 or $20.

Theory makes sense, with the difference in price being their cost to send back and forth to the customizer, passed on to the customer. 

Either that or it's just pure markup. There certainly isn't any significant shipping cost involved, if any, since EPS is less than 10 miles from the Hogs' arena.

16 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Either that or it's just pure markup. There certainly isn't any significant shipping cost involved, if any, since EPS is less than 10 miles from the Hogs' arena.

It would still probably go Priority Mail, which is $6 minimum, and if EPS charges the same instead of their usual $15, it's still $12 round trip. 

Even if it's only 10 miles. 

EDIT: Assuming, of course, they aren't shipping multiple customers' orders at once, which is entirely possible. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

They'd really do that? Wouldn't it be faster and cheaper to just drive them down the road and drop them off?

It definitely would be faster, whether it's cheaper depends how much you are paying the person who is going to be out making the delivery for a half hour.

And, if my theory is correct, the buyer us paying the shipping cost anyway, so they may just go with the easy method of sticking it in a box and mailing it. 

Alright, so having done the math...

Getting it customized directly: $250 for the jersey, $75 for the customization and $15 for shipping comes to $340.

Getting it blank and customized by EPS: $250 for the jersey, $15 for shipping, $55-65 for the customization and ~$30 for the shipping round trip, plus however much it would cost me to track down the Pepsi patch, which is included free of charge in the Hogs' customization cost. That comes out to at least $350, not counting the extra (probably $10) for the Pepsi patch and the $6.50 EPS charges for patches. If I get the cream alternate, the final total is somewhere around $375.

That seems like a pretty simple choice to me. All that's left to do is wait for the response back to my latest email, and then hope to God that the Hogs come out to play in San Diego next year, and then get a Gulls jersey for Gulls games when the Hogs aren't in town.

I think the choice is pretty clear then, just let them do it and save yourself a few bucks and the added stress. 

Edited by mfitz804

Quite frankly, I won't be terribly upset about how long it takes. The season won't start for a while and I still don't even know if I'll be able to wear it to a game.