07-08 New NHL Goalie Masks

As a longtime keeper of the net i thought it would be kinda cool if we had a post dedicated to the new masks our favorite goaltenders are wearing this season.

Here is Cristo Huet's new RBK/Protechsport

Hey where'd you find that?? Is there a link with current masks? I know there was a hi-rez site on another board I frequent(I know, I know) but I really don't remember it. Last year my favorite mask was probably Luongo's alternate while wearing the throwbacks.

luongo-300.jpg

Not the greatest of shots there but you get the idea.

Johan Hedbergs Mask. The artist was given free reign of how to design it and he went with a Pirates of the Moosibean Theme.

20070928.2637234.jpg

More pictures can be seen here.

http://thrashers.portspaces.com/post/blueland/09282007.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Am I the only one who realized they messed up the naming on the Talladega Nights helmets? The one with Ricky Bobby says Cal Naughton Jr. and vice versa. Oops!

Thanks for the input, we had the web guy change it. If you guys like I will try and add pictures of the masks when they are complete. The new Raycroft and 2nd Johnson mask are up on www.cipradesign.com

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for the input, we had the web guy change it. If you guys like I will try and add pictures of the masks when they are complete. The new Raycroft and 2ns Johnson mask are up on www.cipradesign.com

Cheers,

Bob

\

ive always love Franks work.

Couldnt find hix ctct info befor got my RBK/Protechsport mask done

j

Frank is now free to paint for the world, so if you would like anything done in the future keep us in mind.

Cheers,

Bobby Orr

My next mask should be done for Jan 08

PM me your ctct info and we'll star working out concepts....

JVilla

• 1 month later...
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=347388

NHL.com photo gallery on some of the masks of the NHL.

That is mega-helpful. I never could get a good look at Tellqvist's mask, so the mystery is solved now. Other things I noticed...I think it's a little weird having a picture of your kid on the mask (Sabourin). It's like here, let my baby take the puck instead of me. I used to think that Pascal LeClaire had Captain Crunch on his mask, but it's the UNLV runnin' rebel dressed as a Union soldier. I rarely see John Grahame play, but I love the NASCAR motif with the babe on the side. And I never realized that Peter Budaj had Ned Flanders in a Slovakia shirt on the back of his mask.