Las Vegas... Black Knights?

jsh139

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Just go with the Outlaws for crying out loud.

If they do that they will have to win the championship their first year and then move to play their home games in an outdoor arena only to fold 3/4 into the season...

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

If they do that they will have to win the championship their first year and then move to play their home games in an outdoor arena only to fold 3/4 into the season...

They'd better bring rollerblades if they play in an outdoor arena in Vegas!!!

3 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

This is why we are friends. You know me well!

haha.  That team was great.  Wished they stayed in NJ longer.  I've heard some interesting stories about them in the 4 short years they have been gone.

I just read that all the possible Hawks names are out due to a negative feedback.

I looked at the history of Las Vegas and there is nothing too exciting about the early days of the city. Not until the building of the dam which was soon followed by organized crime. Since that is the most intriguing part of the city, might as well run with it...Las Vegas Mafia!!!

I have a feeling the Vegas team name will go in one of two directions:

1) A nod to the Wild West history

2) A nod to the gold and silver mining in the area

I have a feeling they will go with something like "Las Vegas Aces". Regardless of what they choose it with be something super cheesy and lame.  Maybe they should go with "Las Vegas Flush"... For all the contracts and money that will be flushed down the toilet

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 8:33 PM, CJ Matthews said:

They can't use Knights because of legal reasons, hence this clusterfuck

On 12/8/2016 at 8:43 PM, mfitz804 said:

I second "Las Vegas Clusterfuck".

I would go with just Fu.ckers........"Ladies and gentlemen........stand up....and make some noise......for your Las Vegas.....FUUUCCCKKERS ! "

Edited by tomtucker

• 1 month later...

Should be interesting once the name and logo is announced and they start to sell merchandise.  This will be the first iteration (short of the WCH) of the Adidas jerseys that will be released for 2017.  Should be an indication of the direction Adidas plans to go with each team's jersey.  Will it be subtle like the WCH jerseys, or will it be a bolder execution of the corporate trademark?

• 1 month later...