NHL Team Customizers

1 hour ago, Hawks2797 said:

Is Ruberti's still in business?  I've been trying to call them for weeks now and everytime I call it rings then goes to a fax machine type dial tone.  I've called their local number and the 888 number.

When they're not in the office their number gets forwarded to a fax machine. I talked to them last week.  It's getting more and more difficult to get things done there.  The guy that does hockey jerseys is retired and only comes in the office every once in a while.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hawks2797 said:

Good to know.  Hopefully I can get a hold of them.  So they will still do a jersey if say I apply the jersey and nameplate?  Just might take awhile?

Yup.  Just might take a while unless you happen to get it there exactly when Greg (the hockey jersey guy) is in town.  Just make sure you get ahold of them first to ensure they can do what you want.

• 1 month later...

Is there a significant difference between the 1998-07 and 2007-09 numbers done by AIS and the 2009-11 numbers done by Bobcat on the Kings' white jerseys? I've got a 2000-02 TI on the way and I'm concerned (based on previous interactions with them) about whether or not AIS is still a viable choice. 

I only contacted AIS once and got a very strange response.  They wanted to know which letters and numbers I wanted because they had a bunch of old Kings lettering lying around.  Like they were incapable of cutting new kits or something.  After I told them which characters I wanted, I never heard back from them.  Did you hear anything different?

Sounds like they won't be much use to us for anything we might need, which is a shame.

To answer your other questions, the pre-Edge numbers are larger than the Edge ones.  The pre-Edge white jersey numbers are layered, while the Edges are kiss-cut.  If your player number has a 1 in it, make sure to ask for the "tomahawk" 1's used during the early 2000's.

So be specific about wanting the larger pre-Edge numbers, send in plenty of reference photos and send in the jersey two years ago to make sure Bobcat gets it back to me in a timely manner. Got it.

Sounds like a plan.  This is probably the best time to send it in, as it tends to be the slowest part of their year.

Likewise for other customizers whose teams are out, I assume. I just sent off my Leafs to SLC and I'll be shipping off my Bruins and Stars as soon as I can get someone at CC and Blake's to pick up their phone so I can get quotes from them. 

15 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Likewise for other customizers whose teams are out, I assume. I just sent off my Leafs to SLC and I'll be shipping off my Bruins and Stars as soon as I can get someone at CC and Blake's to pick up their phone so I can get quotes from them. 

I left a voicemail at Custom Crafted and I haven't heard a response back.  I'm just looking to get a Bruins jersey lettered for my girlfriend.

Glad I'm not a Bruins fan; I'd go broke just getting my jerseys lettered.

For real.  CC's cost to customize could be more then what the jersey cost.

Does it have to be 100% accurate?  Just get it done somewhere else if not.

I honestly wanted to peruse the options CC would present.  I'd love for her to have just one Bruins jersey made up just the way they are.  I'm worried, though, as it's a size 46 and she wants Chara.  I'm worried how a two-character number will look on the back of such a small jersey.  Figured I'd call and see what the options are and take it from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Can Keener do the properly sublimated 1995-07 Bruins numbers? I'm starting to question whether or not going with Custom Crafted is worthwhile.

Those aren't actually sublimated.  There's a screened layer which has stitching run through it to simulate another twill layer.

• 1 month later...

I have a Leafs Home 2.0 that I purchased from the Baron that I want to get lettered as a Matthews, obviously for 2016-17.  SLC would be the customizer who did these, right?

I notice they have an order form on their site.  Has anyone ever dealt with them?  Would I even need to call them or would submitting the order form be sufficient? Around how much do they charge?

Also, how should I tell them I want this done and what kind of materials should I have them use?  Would they have everything needed or would I need to buy anything to include with my jersey when I ship it out?

I'm still quite new to this and want to do this right so hopefully there are a few Leafs experts here that can educate me on their 2016-17 jerseys.  I also have the St. Pats and Centennial Classic 2.0's that I might get done at a later time but I'm undecided on which players to get for those, so I just want to get the Matthews Home one done for now.

Edited by shilenj

Yup, SLC is the Leafs team customizer.  Just specify on the order form that you want your jersey done to on ice specs with a matching edge nameplate and they will take care of the rest.  If you want to be super careful you can also email them a picture of what your looking for but it shouldn't be necessary.  

Price wise, they will probably charge you $50-60 for the work + shipping if they have to mail it back to you.

If you want them to do your St. Pats I wouldn't wait around much longer.  They told me the green felt they used on the game jerseys came directly from the team and they only had a limited amount left.  Be prepared to shell out $100+ to have the St. Pats done.

That price was way too high for me so I did mine myself.

On June 30, 2017 at 6:59 AM, TMLFAN said:

Yup, SLC is the Leafs team customizer.  Just specify on the order form that you want your jersey done to on ice specs with a matching edge nameplate and they will take care of the rest.  If you want to be super careful you can also email them a picture of what your looking for but it shouldn't be necessary.  

Price wise, they will probably charge you $50-60 for the work + shipping if they have to mail it back to you.

If you want them to do your St. Pats I wouldn't wait around much longer.  They told me the green felt they used on the game jerseys came directly from the team and they only had a limited amount left.  Be prepared to shell out $100+ to have the St. Pats done.

That price was way too high for me so I did mine myself.

Thanks for mentioning that.  Since supplies is limited I'm going to knock that one out first and do up a Matthews St. Pats.

I managed to get ahold of SLC today and for anyone who is interested, they still have the green felt that they used for the team's on-ice St. Pats throwbacks.  They told me it'd be $110 for them to letter that one.  Now that I think about it, I didn't ask them if that was CAD or USD.  In addition, I'll have to pay to ship it and have it shipped back, so it'll be a pricey job but will be worth it to ensure it's done accurately.

For other Leafs jerseys, they usually charge $85.  Again, not sure if they mean CAD or USD.

For those who have already used customizers, how would you recommend I ship my jersey out to ensure it doesn't get damaged in transit?  What kind of packaging should I use?

I'm right near Canada so I'm contemplating crossing the border and shipping it out from there to save some money.  I'd need to find a Canada Post location closest to the border.  I'll be coming from Buffalo and crossing over to the Canadian side of the Falls.

I'm sure there is a canadapost location very close to the border.  Google is your friend.  Wow, $85 for the regular jerseys.  Now that's something.  Yes, they are charging you in cdn funds.

For shipping, I always put the jersey in a bag and then put it in one of those big bubble mailers they have at the post office.  Never had a problem

On July 5, 2017 at 6:57 PM, TMLFAN said:

I'm sure there is a canadapost location very close to the border.  Google is your friend.  Wow, $85 for the regular jerseys.  Now that's something.  Yes, they are charging you in cdn funds.

For shipping, I always put the jersey in a bag and then put it in one of those big bubble mailers they have at the post office.  Never had a problem

I might just ship it out from my USPS two minutes away from my house and avoid all the extra trouble.  I'm going to ship it out tomorrow so I'll decide then.  Saving $30 may not be as worth it as I was thinking considering the hassle.

I bought a box of those bags you mentioned so I'm all set there and thank you for that.

I'm including a 100th Anniversary patch for them to add too.  I trust they can take care of putting it in the proper location on their own?  I'm going to make a note to add it for me on my order form, of course.

Say I want to send in one of the Leafs Home 2.0's worn from 2011-12 to 2015-16 to make it a Nylander.  Would I have to specify that I want it to on-ice specs from 2015-16 or would I not have to worry about it and they'll take care of it and know what I mean?  I'm not sure if anything changed between those seasons with the Leafs' font or materials for that jersey.

Edited by shilenj

Never assume anything.  On your form try to make it as clear as possible what you are looking for.  Put down, year, player, number, patch and location, nameplate material, everything.  You have to understand that some of the people that work at these shops may not know all the ins and outs of every jersey that comes in the shop the way that we do so you have to specify as clearly as you can what you want done.

find pictures of the exact jersey your looking to do and add that as well if you can.  Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Never assume anything.  On your form try to make it as clear as possible what you are looking for.  Put down, year, player, number, patch and location, nameplate material, everything.  You have to understand that some of the people that work at these shops may not know all the ins and outs of every jersey that comes in the shop the way that we do so you have to specify as clearly as you can what you want done.

find pictures of the exact jersey your looking to do and add that as well if you can.  Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I'll print a picture out and include it.  That way I'll be safe.

How about when it comes to patches?  Any specific way I should tell them I want my 100th Anniversary one applied to my St. Pats or will they take care of it on their own?