Pricing Laughter

The_Dude_Abides

10 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

John Scott

Kevyn Adams (with WWW patch)

Anders Eriksson

Garnet Exelby (GI)

Bradley Mills (GI)

Ouch!  I paid just under $300 for a Devils Brian Rolston game worn and under $200 for my Colin White pre-Edge and my Edge 2.0 Jay Pandolfo game worn.  All of those are cup winners too with White and Pandolfo winning 2 each.

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Ouch!  I paid just under $300 for a Devils Brian Rolston game worn and under $200 for my Colin White pre-Edge and my Edge 2.0 Jay Pandolfo game worn.  All of those are cup winners too with White and Pandolfo winning 2 each.

That's why I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the prices on those Retro GIs..I'm not used to those affordable prices!  :D The cheapest Hawks jerseys (around $250) I saw are real no-namers from the the 2002-2006 seasons.

Edited by amonte78

On 6/29/2016 at 9:59 AM, mfitz804 said:

EDIT: More of my former stuff listed by him as well, including one that I believe had an intermediate stop elsewhere. 

You would be correct on at least one of them. That Crowder Utica came from you, then I sold it to him like 2 months ago for $120 or something like that. If only I knew at the time that it was worth  $350...

And I definitely wore that jersey more than one time, so his description is false.

23 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

You would be correct on at least one of them. That Crowder Utica came from you, then I sold it to him like 2 months ago for $120 or something like that. If only I knew at the time that it was worth  $350...

And I definitely wore that jersey more than one time, so his description is false.

That was the one. I wore it more than once also. I had that jersey back in the beginning when I only had 4-5 in rotation. But I didn't wear them daily in the colder months like I do now. But still. 

Plus that Crowder is an "off" brand and not Maska/CCM.

BTW the one he has of mine is the Stastny retro white CCM replica.

Edited by Devilsguy

53 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Plus that Crowder is an "off" brand and not Maska/CCM.

BTW the one he has of mine is the Stastny retro white CCM replica.

You left out the word "knock" in describing the Crowder. The NJ Devils one is a Dorholt creation, purchased before I knew better/before there were other options/because I was tired of not finding one on eBay. 

The Utica one was an eBay vendor.

Both are not authentic. 

Kind of regretting selling him that Stevens replica, those CCM Vintage Series are pretty nice. Not $349 nice, though. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You left out the word "knock" in describing the Crowder. The NJ Devils one is a Dorholt creation, purchased before I knew better/before there were other options/because I was tired of not finding one on eBay. 

The Utica one was an eBay vendor.

Both are not authentic. 

Kind of regretting selling him that Stevens replica, those CCM Vintage Series are pretty nice. Not $349 nice, though. 

People stand by Dorholt on the Devils HFBoards page and they treat him like a god over there.  They describe his stuff as "quality" work but those who are saying it are like you said don't know any better.

That Stastny was nice too.  Had it customized by EPS and it was perfect.

23 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

People stand by Dorholt on the Devils HFBoards page and they treat him like a god over there.  They describe his stuff as "quality" work but those who are saying it are like you said don't know any better.

That Stastny was nice too.  Had it customized by EPS and it was perfect.

When I had it, it was what it was. A good quality knockoff. Better than a lot of the crap you see people wearing at Devils games, but nowhere near the original.

Quality knockoff does not equal quality jersey. But hey, it is what it is. 

I find myself wanting to pick up some CCM Vintage replicas now, albeit not for $349 as I stated above. Sportsk will give you the same thing for $180. 

Just looked on IJ to see if they had them and if I could get one with the 4th of July coupon...nope. 

EDIT: sorry, my former Stevens is $399, only the knockoffs are $349!

Edited by mfitz804

I don't think that Brodeur really belongs in here.  It's a little much, but not completely unrealistic considering that all of his stuff went up since this past February after his retirement ceremony.

That jersey also sold for just under $10K with hammer fees on classic auctions back a year ago.