Help with Islanders Fisherman Customization

I know there are quite a few members here that have a customized New York Islanders Fisherman jersey.  I know EPS does a great job with these, but it is $100 to customize and it takes 3 months to usually get completed.  I am looking into other options, but I want to make sure the customization is correct.

That being said I was hoping someone would be willing to measure the size of the numbers and letters for the jersey.  I would need to height, width, and the individual letter width.  I would like to do a Ziggy Palffy jersey - not sure if I want to do the #68 or the #16 version, but I did attach a picture to a game worn jersey from gamewornauctions as a reference.

palffy%20jersey_zpsqa7inghs.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brent

5 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Yes, but add $15.00 for shipping and you are at $100.

Drive there and drop it off. 

How do you even measure those numbers? If you want to go that route, you probably should come up with a full blueprint. The 6 in particular would be very difficult. 

If you contact Keener, he's likely to have pics of work he's done. Pretty sure a month or so ago he posted a fisherman on fb that he was working on for a customer. Kasparaitis, maybe?

47 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

That would cost more than $15.00! 

Lol. I know. 

I have a white fisherman on the way, and if I decide to customize it, it's probably going to be a Kasparaitis. I'm pretty sure it was Cutting Edge that did the gamers back in the day. 

The Kasparaitis that Keener posted is mine and it should arrive the next days. I can send you the specs as soon as I have it.

Keener's work looks quite sharp and he charged $80 CAD.

I just received a repro of the old Utica Devils crest from Keener, and their work is absolutely spot on, I have every confidence they'd do a great job. 

EPS would too, can't go wrong either way IMHO. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Kasparitis: best Russian name that sounds like a disease ever. 

OMG! That's what I always said about his last name!!! 

"I have Kasparaitis. You should get yourself checked."

It works on so many levels!

21 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

OMG! That's what I always said about his last name!!! 

"I have Kasparaitis. You should get yourself checked."

It works on so many levels!

Give him 250mg of adrenaline STAT, we're losing him!!!!

3 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Yes, but add $15.00 for shipping and you are at $100.

Point taken.

My suggestion is that, if you can wait, do what I'm doing and hold out to see if EPS does their 20% sale late this year or does the Spring Sale next year. $68 plus shipping is a lot more reasonable.

I am so pissed about the lack of sale. 

But, I just sent in my second batch of jerseys in the past month, so they should be announcing it any day now. 

I decided I was better off spreading out my orders rather than going for a bulk discount. The prospect of a $1200 customization bill was not exciting. 

Although, for what its worth, Josh from EPS told me there will be no sale unless and until business slows down. Its July now, they'll be preparing pre-season jerseys soon, so I don't imagine we'll see a sale until next Spring, if at all. 

Edited by mfitz804

The turn around was 4 weeks and yes, Kasparaitis sounds / is something like a serious disease, just ask Lindros!!!

Send to Cutting Edge Sports. They did it back in the day. They are the only ones who can replicate it / come remotely close. It was $75 for the last one I sent in (IIRC, including return SH). You'll be much happier if you send it there

18 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Is Truman still making kits for jerseys, and if so, has anyone ever used him for the fisherman kits?

Got a response back and they not longer are doing these kits as they do not have to glacier twill that was used. 

On to Cutting Edge...

• 1 month later...

So I decided to go the Cutting Edge since they did the jerseys in the first place and can make them exactly they way there were.  Now here is the thing, the first year, they stacked the numbers, however, for the 96-97 season they kiss cut the numbers.  Here is where things get really tricky, the first season 95-96 they had a large front crest, the next year after players complained about how large the crest were, they replaced them with a smaller version.  This was only done on game worn jerseys and on many of them you can still see an outline of the original crest where it was replaced.  As far as I know and I researched, these smaller crest were never made available to the public on authentic jerseys - the authentic jerseys only have the original large crest.  In 97-98, they got rid of the fisherman crest and went with the normal circle crest.

That brings me to my question: is it a big deal to have a jersey made up in a 96-97 style with the kiss cut numbers even though the crest will not be the proper size that as used on the ice, or an I looking WAY too much into this?  Please let me know you thoughts because I am getting ready to send an order in and I have to decide the style and player to get.

Thanks for all the help.

On the Fisherman subject, even though my jersey won't be going until EPS until the spring since it'll be more than $90 with the patch if I don't do it during the spring sale, what is the proper number style for a 96-97 Fisherman? I swear I've gotten conflicting information about whether it's supposed to be layered or semi-reverse kiss cut.

Also, while I'm at it, what's the difference between kiss cut and reverse kiss cut?

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

it'll be more than $90 with the patch if I don't do it during the spring sale

What Spring Sale?

#StillPissed

11 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

On the Fisherman subject, even though my jersey won't be going until EPS until the spring since it'll be more than $90 with the patch if I don't do it during the spring sale, what is the proper number style for a 96-97 Fisherman? I swear I've gotten conflicting information about whether it's supposed to be layered or semi-reverse kiss cut.

Also, while I'm at it, what's the difference between kiss cut and reverse kiss cut?

I can confirm that the Islanders did the stacked layers on the 95-96 season. For the 96-97 the team was known to do a variety of things: they stacked, reverse kiss cut, and also semi reverse kiss cut.  For mine, I have decided to the semi reverse kiss cut, as that is what I have seen the most.   Also, Cutting Edge charges $75.00 + shipping back for their customization for the jerseys and they were the ones that did them for the team.  Figured I would let you know since EPS is always super busy at this time.