Meigray 2016 Game Worn Expo

Devilsguy

Ten days away and haven't seen the usual topic for this at this time of year.  Who is going to be there?  Guest speaker is Keith Jones and new grab bag concept this year.  Who is doing the grab bag?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still considering going. Not quite sure yet. I do not believe I will be participating in any grab bag, I'm not a grab bag kind of guy.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Dr_Puck is sad... maybe next year.

Only if the cat allows it. 

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Back when I was a nobody and before I knew what was happening, I saw that dude try on Mike's jersey. 

The stuff of legend, did it really happen? Dr Puck knows, he was there. 

Not only am I going, but I actually signed up for a table so I will be displaying.  Please feel free to drop by and say hello and try on and touch all the jerseys you want.  However, that is only after you ate a plate of nachos and buffalo wings from Willie McBride's around the corner of course.

I'm sure you'll end up right next to me. I don't know why but the first-timers have seemed to land next to me for the last couple years. Maybe Stu is screwing with me.

2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I'm sure you'll end up right next to me. I don't know why but the first-timers have seemed to land next to me for the last couple years. Maybe Stu is screwing with me.

I'm actually going to ask Stu to place me by another collector I am buddies with.  Let's see what he says.  Maybe he will be on one side and you on the other lol.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you setup a table is the intention to sell the jerseys?  Or is it mainly to show off your collection and chat/network with other collectors?

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but when you setup a table is the intention to sell the jerseys?  Or is it mainly to show off your collection and chat/network with other collectors?

Nah that's actually a common question.

There are two types of tables at the show: Dealer tables and Collectors tables.  Dealer tables are $250 while collector tables are fee (well you have to pay admission of course lol).  Main difference is that Dealer tables can buy/sell/trade during the show while collectors tables you can't buy and sell.  I do believe trading is allowed.  I got a collector table and just want to show off and see what other people have.  I might have a gamer or two I might be willing to trade if the right jersey comes in through the door though.

Yeah that's why the fee.  Unless otherwise, from what I've been hearing/seeing it is looking like the amount of dealers this year will be low again.  Last year there were 2, and the only ones I know for sure who will be there are the same 2 from last year.  Hoagie (Iceviolence), Joe Tomon (J&J Distributing) and Steiner used to come to expos in the past, but they have been missing.  Hoagie used to be at every Meigray expo up until 2-3 years ago.  Not sure why.

Confirmed with Stu today about my table and that I will be next to my buddy.  I might still be next to you though Brilliant lol.  I will be bringing about 30-35ish jerseys with me.

Summer sale terms should be out any day now.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday time frame

On 7/7/2016 at 7:31 PM, Brilliant! said:

I miss the days when Milt would bring all his stuff and the people ended up just flocking to his table.

From what I've heard over the years, he has burned enough bridges to where not sure if people would flock to his table if he came.  Or they would flock, but not for good reasons.

16 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am excited to see what Keener can do.

In one or two days!!!

Looks like Hoagie will be back after a 2-3 year absence.