Help needed with an 88-89 Mark Messier jersey

That1Guy

Hi!

I'm notjersey_front.jpg completely sure if this is is the right section/board for this but here goes:

My father obtained a jersey a long while ago, one of thirty ever made. It's an 88-89 Edmonton Oilers Mark Messier replica jersey that came with a plaque and a serial as the sign of authenticity. He's decided that it's time for the jersey to find a new home, so we're trying to gather information on where would be the best place to get in touch with people who'd be interested in buying it and possibly to get some advice on the price tag. I'll post some photos, I hope someone will recognize these and is willing to help.

Thank you in advance.

It looks like a nice jersey.  Late 80's CCM Authentic Jersey - I always love the older CCM Mesh jerseys.  The shoulder patch is really nice to have as trying to find an authentic patch would be impossible to find now days.  I am not sure what exactly the letter or authenticity would help unless it is signed by Messier.  Other than that it is just an Authentic Oilers jersey. Maybe it was 1 of 30 jerseys given out by the team for some promotional piece or something like that, but it really wouldn't help the value that much  The customization looks correct.  Without more info I would say $300 is a good starting point for what you could get out of it.  Again, it all depends on the details though and finding the right person looking for a period correct Messier Jersey.  If you find that right person maybe up to $500.

I used to have to go to two different websites for my favorite interests. Now, IceJerseys has both!

At first I didn't understand. When you view those links on a desktop, the po*n doesn't show. But dang, try viewing them on your phone and it's a totally different experience! ?

Edited by jsh139

27 minutes ago, furiousd said:

My ad blocker must be working right, because thankfully I only see jersey pics.

Yeah but now you don't know where the hot moms in your area are. 

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

My ad blocker must be working right, because thankfully I only see jersey pics.

Oh that must be why I don't see them on desktop. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, That1Guy said:

Thousand apologies for the "adverts", I had completely forgotten what the internet looks like without adblockers.

Needless to say, it looked perfectly SFW at the moment I had the pic uploaded.

No problem. Don't those adverts target the individual based on one's browsing history? You dog!!

On 7/19/2016 at 0:02 PM, That1Guy said:

Thousand apologies for the "adverts", I had completely forgotten what the internet looks like without adblockers.

Needless to say, it looked perfectly SFW at the moment I had the pic uploaded.

No worries...had a great laugh! ;)