CCM Real or Fake

I admit it, I suck at identifying real CCM jerseys.  I bought this Florida Panthers jersey from a flea market for $30.  Originally when I inspected it, everything checked out.  However, when I brought it home and compared it to a CCM I have, the material of the jersey that I bought felt lighter.  I was wondering from these tags if you guys will be able to help confirm or deny its authenticity and provide reasoning.  Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30Oeti4mtmdRXpYU2NaUmdOdTQ/view?usp=sharing

16 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Pre-lockout replicas were almost never faked, and some were made overseas. I'd say you're in good shape.

What should I be looking for?  Any reason why it is lighter?  

Edit:  i just checkedthe tags one is canada and the other is indo. What are the quality differences?

Edited by darrent737

Just to be sure, are you comparing 2 jerseys that are exactly the same model (same team and style), and from the same time period?  Does the first jersey you got have the same neck tags except for the Made in Canada vs. Indonesia tag? 

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Just to be sure, are you comparing 2 jerseys that are exactly the same model (same team and style), and from the same time period?  Does the first jersey you got have the same neck tags except for the Made in Canada vs. Indonesia tag? 

Now that I look more into it, the Canada one was used from 1998-2002 while the Indo one I own was in production from 2003-2006.  The tags and CCM logos look the same however. 

Edited by darrent737

OK, so if I understand you correctly, the 2 jerseys are the same design, except that the crests are different- the Canada one has the hockey stick in the panther's mouth, and the Indonesian one doesn't.  If the CCM neck labels are the same, then the Canadian one was made between 2000-03, and the Indonesian one somewhere between 2003 to possibly as late as 2007, depending on whether it has a black and orange NHL puck logo on the rear hem.  Do both the jerseys have the puck logo, or just the Canadian one?

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

OK, so if I understand you correctly, the 2 jerseys are the same design, except that the crests are different- the Canada one has the hockey stick in the panther's mouth, and the Indonesian one doesn't.  If the CCM neck labels are the same, then the Canadian one was made between 2000-03, and the Indonesian one somewhere between 2003 to possibly as late as 2007, depending on whether it has a black and orange NHL puck logo on the rear hem.  Do both the jerseys have the puck logo, or just the Canadian one?

Oh sorry, I was in a rush reading your post.  Canada one is a different team.  White one on this sheet.  Only this one has the puck logo.  The Panthers one I have does not. Was the production of the CCM jerseys moved to Asia during 2002?  Assuming it is real, why did they change the materials?

http://nhluniforms.com/Islanders/Islanders09.html

Edited by darrent737

I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but you've got yourself a post-lockout pre-Edge replica. Those were made for the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons, and for some reason, instead of putting proper Reebok branding on them, they were all made with inaccurate (in the case of the dark and alternate jerseys) CCM branding. CCM never made dark or alternate jerseys with the yoke logo.

Reebok moved production for all but their top-of-the-line jerseys overseas to cut costs.

8 hours ago, darrent737 said:

Canada one is a different team.  White one on this sheet.  Only this one has the puck logo.  The Panthers one I have does not. Was the production of the CCM jerseys moved to Asia during 2002? 

This new information changes things a bit.  Actually it makes a bit more sense that your other jersey is a white Islanders, because you don't see a lot of early 2000's CCM replicas that are dark like the Panthers navy one.

If the white Islanders has a puck logo, it could have been manufactured anywhere from around 2000 to 2006.

The navy Panthers, if it doesn't have the puck logo, is most likely one of the last non-vintage CCM NHL replicas made, which would have been from around 2006-07.

CCM replicas started to be manufactured in Indonesia during the early 2000's, but I don't know the exact starting date.  However, they did not stop making CCM replicas in Canada at that time; Canadian and Indonesian replicas were made concurrently up until 2007, when the Edge jersey was introduced.  Only in 2007 did (non-vintage) NHL replicas cease to be manufactured in Canada.

I've never noticed any difference in quality between the Canadian and Indonesian CCM replicas.  The material is the same (airknit) in both, but I do not know why one of yours seems significantly lighter than the other.  Perhaps towards the end of their run they started using a thinner, lighter weight airknit, but that's just speculation on my part. 

Edited by LAK74

18 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but you've got yourself a post-lockout pre-Edge replica. Those were made for the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons, and for some reason, instead of putting proper Reebok branding on them, they were all made with inaccurate (in the case of the dark and alternate jerseys) CCM branding. CCM never made dark or alternate jerseys with the yoke logo.

Reebok moved production for all but their top-of-the-line jerseys overseas to cut costs.

So its still real but made in error?  I thought edge jerseys use number sizing and not S M L

Edited by darrent737

17 hours ago, LAK74 said:

This new information changes things a bit.  Actually it makes a bit more sense that your other jersey is a white Islanders, because you don't see a lot of early 2000's CCM replicas that are dark like the Panthers navy one.

If the white Islanders has a puck logo, it could have been manufactured anywhere from around 2000 to 2006.

The navy Panthers, if it doesn't have the puck logo, is most likely one of the last non-vintage CCM NHL replicas made, which would have been from around 2006-07.

CCM replicas started to be manufactured in Indonesia during the early 2000's, but I don't know the exact starting date.  However, they did not stop making CCM replicas in Canada at that time; Canadian and Indonesian replicas were made concurrently up until 2007, when the Edge jersey was introduced.  Only in 2007 did (non-vintage) NHL replicas cease to be manufactured in Canada.

I've never noticed any difference in quality between the Canadian and Indonesian CCM replicas.  The material is the same (airknit) in both, but I do not know why one of yours seems significantly lighter than the other.  Perhaps towards the end of their run they started using a thinner, lighter weight airknit, but that's just speculation on my part. 

Thanks! I had a hard time finding info on CCMs. 

32 minutes ago, darrent737 said:

So its still real but made in error?  I thought edge jerseys use number sizing and not S M L

No, replicas all use letter sizing. You have a pre-Edge post-lockout replica.

Oh, I got another question on the same subject: I saw a CCM Iginla jersey on ebay a while back that I really liked.  All the tags checked out in my books but the tag says "made in Korea" and when I compared the jersey to a uniform chart, the color of the numbering does not match what was actually worn.  Any reason for this?

On 7/27/2016 at 10:27 PM, TheKevinShow said:

I was looking at the uniform chart again and I saw there is a small nhl logo on the back of the jersey that mines does not have.  Should that be of any concern?

If you're talking about an NHL shield logo, only authentic models have that, not replicas.  NHL replicas from around 2000-06 have the NHL puck logo like on your Islanders, but it's not the same as the shield logo.

17 minutes ago, darrent737 said:

Oh, I got another question on the same subject: I saw a CCM Iginla jersey on ebay a while back that I really liked.  All the tags checked out in my books but the tag says "made in Korea" and when I compared the jersey to a uniform chart, the color of the numbering does not match what was actually worn.  Any reason for this?

Replica jerseys usually come blank and it's up to the owner to get it lettered as he/she sees fit.  If you're not careful in specifying what you want, the letterer may put on characters that are the wrong font or even the wrong color twill.  Perhaps whoever sold the jersey just got a bad lettering job.  It doesn't mean the jersey itself is not legit.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...