How's EPS do for current Red Wings jerseys?

mfitz804

Self explanatory, I have one that needs to be done, and I prefer to just use the guys I know. Do they do a good job?

13 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Someone has mentioned here that there's a special type of twill used for the Wings' jerseys and EPS doesn't use it.

That was probably me.  EPS did an older Nike Wings jersey for me (not an Edge), but if they have the correct thick shiny twill available for the Edges, then they should have used it on my jersey as well.

33 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I went with Keener for my Wings Osgood recently, he did great work. If you want, I can email you detailed pictures. 

Can't justify shipping a single jersey back and forth to Canada. Plus with this twill issue, maybe I should go through the official customizer.

How is Sports Haven to deal with?

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

I originally went to Sports Haven but a call and Facebook PM went unreturned. I've heard they do really good work but I couldn't get a response. Keener is just a good guy to work with.

That doesn't sound good. That's exactly the kind of stuff I can't be bothered with. 

What about this "special twill" issue? Does Keener have it? And do I really care?

19 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I would email Keener on the twill. Although one person mistakenly questioned the placement of my cup patch here in the forum (lol), the consensus was that my Osgood was otherwise accurate. You know this group; if there was an error it would have been noticed.

Of course. 

Special type of twill?  if you need your jersey to be accurate right down to the type of twill used then gamers is probably going to work out better for you.

I have tried to contact SportsHaven numerous times as well, going the phone call and FB message route also, and have never heard back from them in response to any of my messages. They also appear to be closed frequently. Very frustrating. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

What about this "special twill" issue? Does Keener have it? And do I really care?

Regarding the "special twill" issue, I think you guys may be reading more into this than you should.  The twill the Wings use is nice and has a shiny, almost satin-like finish to it, but it really isn't anything "special."  But if you put the twill EPS uses right next to it, there's a pretty noticeable difference- EPS's white twill has a more flat, dull finish to it and just doesn't look as nice, imo.  EPS did a superb job cutting the letters and numbers on my Nike Wings, but that dull-looking twill just detracts a bit from my enjoyment of it.

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I have tried to contact SportsHaven numerous times as well, going the phone call and FB message route also, and have never heard back from them in response to any of my messages. They also appear to be closed frequently. Very frustrating. 

SportsHaven has had my most recent Wings jersey for just over two months now, with no word yet from them.  I'll probably have to call them soon; hope I don't run into problems finding out what's going on. 

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I would email Keener on the twill. Although one person mistakenly questioned the placement of my cup patch here in the forum (lol), the consensus was that my Osgood was otherwise accurate. You know this group; if there was an error it would have been noticed.

I was the one questioning about the patch. Since you never got back to me in the arrivals thread, was it straight then, or at an angle like it certainly appeared to be in the photo?

Edited by zooeyperry10

I don't know much about the special twill, but I used to live near SportsHaven, and I'd go just about anywhere else. They messed up a few baseball jerseys I took in and they've not improved much after that. Last I knew, they were pretty much a 9-5 operation, and unless you were with the Red Wings, Tigers or a friend of the owners they were pretty bad at calling back. A couple stores I worked with dealt with them and it was never really good, but they were about the only game in town outside of shops doing it directly. You could also try Detroit Athletic Company, as I know they also have a relationship with the Red Wings and Tigers. There's also Eastside Sports in Warren, MI. They did the Wings equipment for years. Outside of that, the regular Stahl's kit that most customizers use is quite good. Let me know what differences (outside of the twill) you're looking at, because I've not heard of them doing anything too unusual and it would be good to know.

Gonna stick with EPS. I have another jersey that's destined for them anyway, so I will send them together.