flyhighguys94

The Current Situation of the Secondary Market

303 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Also some people are just mail day whores.  They get a rush from posting mail days.

I also sold and shipped another jersey on Thursday.  Maybe things are looking up?

Sounds like an emo/punk band name. 

Personally I just change my mind too quickly on what I am going to collect. I already have 3 jerseys at EPS that I know I don't really want/need, and I think I know what will happen next...

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Sounds like an emo/punk band name. 

Personally I just change my mind too quickly on what I am going to collect. I already have 3 jerseys at EPS that I know I don't really want/need, and I think I know what will happen next...

Which is ironic because I really only collect the Devils, but as we know, everything is different, player, number, year, manufacturer...

On 07/11/2017 at 10:16 AM, Devilsguy said:

Quite frankly I think the gamer market has little to nothing to do with the authentic market and vice versa.  While there is some overlap, authentic collectors are a bit of a different breed than gamer collectors and one has little influence over the other.

I think the fakes certainly have at least a little bit to do with it.  I also think the transition from Reebok to Adidas has made it harder for everyone as the average fan who is not a collector typically wants the latest and greatest.

In the gamer market, the biggest issue are the collectors themselves.  This is more than any dealer or team out there.

I'm slowly learning this new hobby and do value this jersey forum. But I guess that means by your post that I'm an "authentic" buyer. Since I do not have a particular interest in "game worn" jersey's since it wouldn't fit me nor would I be displaying most of my jersey's and or trading or selling back to the market.