I just bought a new Sharks authentic edge 2.0 jersey from coolhockey.com after doing a bunch of research online about real and fake jerseys. I'm fairly confident it's real but the one thing throwing me off is very slight bubbling on the black part of the front crest. The crest itself is z stitched into the jersey and looks the way it should, very clean, not too spaced out not too close together. The fight strap is the right size and sewn into two squares of tackle twill very cleanly. Reebok word mark on the back is sewn correctly and the inside tags are free of any errors. The only thing that worries me is the very minor bubbling on the crest. I've seen the bubbling on fakes and it's nowhere near that bad, the crest is fairly stiff and very flat, just those minor bubbles on a couple places in the black. Is this normal or should I be concerned I bought a fake?? Thanks again!

Edited by Sushiroll40
Mispelling

You should probably post picture(s), but...

Coolhockey.com is a legitimate vendor, I'm fairly confident your jersey is authentic. 

Crests aren't always perfectly tacked down to the underlying material.  If it bothers you that much, you can try steam ironing it for just a few seconds, and the bubbles may be reduced in size or may even disappear.  However, if you wash the jersey, that area may loosen again eventually.  If you got a fight strap stitched between 2 twill layers, that's a good sign, as a 2.0 would be the only type of jersey to feature this.  As mfitz said, CoolHockey is a legit company, and so I wouldn't be concerned that you got a fake.

Curious about the two twill layer fight strap attachment, I thought that was only found on team issued jerseys, and I would expect CoolHockey to have retail versions. 

A decent number of the retail 2.0's (but not most) have the double twill layer.  I've seen this on some retail 2.0's for around 3 years now.  I've always suspected they may have been intended to be team-issued, but ended up being "diverted" to fill a dealer order.

29 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

A decent number of the retail 2.0's (but not most) have the double twill layer.  I've seen this on some retail 2.0's for around 3 years now.  I've always suspected they may have been intended to be team-issued, but ended up being "diverted" to fill a dealer order.

Hmm that could be. I wear a 58+/60, the former being the team issued size and the latter only being available at retail. So when I get one in size 60, its always retail with a single layer. That makes sense and explains why I wouldn't know that, aside from the fact that I really don't like Edge jerseys all that much. 

2 hours ago, Sushiroll40 said:

I just bought a new Sharks authentic edge 2.0 jersey from coolhockey.com after doing a bunch of research online about real and fake jerseys. I'm fairly confident it's real but the one thing throwing me off is very slight bubbling on the black part of the front crest. The crest itself is z stitched into the jersey and looks the way it should, very clean, not too spaced out not too close together. The fight strap is the right size and sewn into two squares of tackle twill very cleanly. Reebok word mark on the back is sewn correctly and the inside tags are free of any errors. The only thing that worries me is the very minor bubbling on the crest. I've seen the bubbling on fakes and it's nowhere near that bad, the crest is fairly stiff and very flat, just those minor bubbles on a couple places in the black. Is this normal or should I be concerned I bought a fake?? Thanks again!

Here are some pictures. Thanks!

http://m.imgur.com/a/OOCvm

It's definitely legit, but that's a single twill layer fight strap attachment, not a double, so you fooled me there.  That is what is typical of retail 2.0's.

Ok thanks for the help. I was pretty confident it was legit too, but the bubbling caused some doubt. As you can see it's not super bad, just a few spots, I know they are never gonna be completely perfect even when they're legit so I won't worry about it. I'm too afraid to cause any damage trying to fix the bubbling, it's not very noticeable anyway if you're not looking. Stoked to wear this to opening night tomorrow! Thanks again

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hmm that could be. I wear a 58+/60, the former being the team issued size and the latter only being available at retail. So when I get one in size 60, its always retail with a single layer. That makes sense and explains why I wouldn't know that, aside from the fact that I really don't like Edge jerseys all that much. 

This Sharks jersey from JB is a retail 2.0, and appears to have the 2-layer strap attachment.  The picture of the fight strap is unique to this listing, and is different from the pic in the listings of the team-issued versions he has of the same model jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAVELSKI-SAN-JOSE-SHARKS-AUTHENTIC-2016-STANLEY-CUP-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-JERSEY-SZ-56-/301984560196?hash=item464faeb444

• 4 weeks later...
On October 11, 2016 at 1:44 PM, mfitz804 said:

Mfitz804 if you don't mind me asking how tall are you to be wearing 58+/60 just wondering because I've wondered if those sizes would be huge on me. I'm 6'4" around 230lbs. And the 56 fits me really well I think. Sleeves go just to the webbing between my thumb and pointer finger and the length is halfway down my thighs in the front. Little longer in the back. I can layer a thick sweatshirt underneath. Not looking to wear over pads or anything but just wondering if I can across something only available in a size larger than 56 if I would be drowning in it. Thanks!

Edited by Sushiroll40
Grammar error

I'm 6'2", bit heavier than you, and I'm all torso, 37" sleeve length, and generally speaking I need to by shirts in Tall sizes for body length.

I haven't tried a 56. I have worn a regular 58, but the sleeve and length are a little short on me so I stick to 58+/60.

That being said, I know guys who wear a 54 that will grab a 58+ if the price is right or its not available in their size. Obviously it'll fit looser but if you are ok with that, I think you could wear it at 6'4" 235 lbs without looking silly. Sounds like the sleeve length would be the biggest issue.