Fanatics doing the NHL replica jerseys next season

PensFan77

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow.  So replicas from now on are going to be "Fanatics" brand, and not Adidas?  I wonder how different from the authentics these replicas are going to be in terms of cut and materials, as it appears they plan to make some changes.  

I sure hope Adidas plans to make retail authentics available, as they did for the World Cup of Hockey.  Although they didn't seem to have a whole lot available, so one can only hope that team authentics will be more plentiful, and in a better range of sizes.

Is anyone really surprised at this though?  The replicas today barely look like the ones the players wear on the ice anyways, so while a step backwards it is not as much as it might seem.

Adidas will make authentics available, and they will cost $359.99.

Looks like the fit got tightened a bit too.  Great for guys with beer bellies and pregnant women.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Looks like the fit got tightened a bit too.  Great for guys with beer bellies and pregnant women.

No no no, you don't understand.  Stretch fabric fits better.

Fanatics officials say they plan to improve the appearance of jerseys. Because the jerseys looked too bulky for fans who didn't wear pads under them, the company has created a stretch fabric that fits better.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have bought a Fanatics branded t-shirt in the past and found they run at least a full size smaller than expected, I guess that has been carried over to these replicas. The fit of the Reebok Premier was always weird as well, an XXL CCM replica is fine on me, the Premier was long and weird. 

New material, however, I am in favor of, since the Premier material is made primarily of pudding and recycled underpants. 

I do also like that NHL Shield jersey in the pictures, a All-Star 2.0 version of that would be pretty cool. Classic black and white. It'll never happen, but I'd buy one. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Classic black and white. It'll never happen, but I'd buy one. 

No way! The uniforms need to be lime green and flouresant purple, because we are the NHL and we matter and we're #edgy. 

Thats what I'm afraid of with this moving forward. I dont want Adidas to try to make their mark and go full Oregon Ducks crazy with every all-star jersey.

On the topic of the replicas, I'll just continue with my current plan of not touching those terrible things.

Just now, JoeM7392 said:

No way! The uniforms need to be lime green and flouresant purple, because we are the NHL and we matter and we're #edgy. 

Thats what I'm afraid of with this moving forward. I dont want Adidas to try to make their mark and go full Oregon Ducks crazy with every all-star jersey.

On the topic of the replicas, I'll just continue with my current plan of not touching those terrible things.

They already did lime green!!

96CC1572-49F5-407D-A441-0EF30A872367_zps

13395B5E-1E76-453E-9A44-5BB3390AD594_zps

This is so stupid. I'm not against buying a replica (if it's either well made or well priced), but what's the point of a replica if you're not going to at least attempt to, you know, replicate the on-ice jersey? Everything I hear about Fanatics makes me want to not buy stuff with their brand on it.

1 hour ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

We don't see the back, but the article even says expect to see the Fanatics logo where the Adidas logo would be.

Which makes sense. Fanatics is actually manufacturing the jerseys, not Adidas. So Fanatics isn't going to advertise the other company on their product.

Edited by dsl135

Disappointing. I haven't bought a replica since the switch-over to Reebok Edge way back in 2007, and I still will never buy one as long as the fabrics, embroidered logos, etc. are below the quality of the authentics sold. 

My best guess for the change in fabric for the retail-replicas Fanatics will be selling is that it'll be close to the fabric used on the edge 1.0 jerseys. Which is fine, I don't mind wearing one of my 1.0 retail authentics, just prefer the material and feel of the 2.0s.

3 minutes ago, steinosaur19 said:

Disappointing. I haven't bought a replica since the switch-over to Reebok Edge way back in 2007, and I still will never buy one as long as the fabrics, embroidered logos, etc. are below the quality of the authentics sold

My best guess for the change in fabric for the retail-replicas Fanatics will be selling is that it'll be close to the fabric used on the edge 1.0 jerseys. Which is fine, I don't mind wearing one of my 1.0 retail authentics, just prefer the material and feel of the 2.0s.

Honestly, this has always been the case. The CCM replicas, even the Pro Player ones that are so highly regarded, all had thinner material, glued on logos on the CCM and I believe embroidered on the PP, and as such they were always below the quality of the authentics sold.

However, I still find a purpose for a couple of those (authentic not otherwise available, cheap price, lighter weight for warmer weather, etc.)

Same is not true of the Reebok Premier crap, which I owned exactly one of and will never own one again. Even the replica PRACTICE jerseys are made of nicer material!

I was really hoping this was a joke when I heard it as a rumor (around WCOH time). I think I've seen samples of the fabric and... I'm not impressed. 

Also, I think Target (of all places) has youth jerseys made by Fanatics. If those are any indication, the base color will stay the same, the crests will be similar to today's premiers  but the shoulder secondary logos may be screened. The design was different (no hem/sleeve stripes on a Blackhawks, for example). Wish I'd snagged a picture when I saw one. 

57 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

We don't see the back, but the article even says expect to see the Fanatics logo where the Adidas logo would be.

Which makes sense. Fanatics is actually manufacturing the jerseys, not Adidas. So Fanatics isn't going to advertise the other company on their product.

Reading compensation > me

Anyways, I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction and hope it doesn't carry over into other sports. Having replicas that don't say Adidas AND cost more than the current Premiers could cause counterfeit sales to go through the roof. I just hope Adidas makes authentics readily available. 

50 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Having replicas that don't say Adidas AND cost more than the current Premiers could cause counterfeit sales to go through the roof.

I'm thinking it's possible that the prices indicated in the article might be for a customized version.  It may just be a coincidence, but the $169.99 for the replica and $359.99 for the authentic happen to be exactly what NHL.com is charging for their lettered Premiers and Indo authentics.

I hope the NHL included an "out" clause if in fact Fanatics tanks in the sales of jerseys?  My other question is, since it is at the moment forbidden for Reebok to sell "Authentic On-Ice" jerseys in the US, will Adidas be able to?  I personally buy retail jerseys to wear to games since I don't want to get my on-ice jerseys all covered in beer and mustard, but if they are as bad as everyone expects them to be I'll pass.  And is it me or is the women's cut jersey really pronounced at the bottom?  My daughter has a female cut Reebok and other than the waist it isn't as flared out like the Adidas that is pictured (reminds me of the old Star Trek TV show). 

11 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Wait, what?  What does that mean?

Is it not true that Reebok will not ship On-Ice Authentic jerseys to be sold in the United States (not counting Indo-Edge jerseys)?  It was my understanding by a reputable dealer on Ebay (I'm sure you can figure out who it is) that Reebok does not and will not ship authentic jerseys to the U.S. to be sold on the retail level.  That the only way to get them was via the secondary market from Canada or team jerseys being sold by the actual team.  I could be wrong, but that is what I've always been told.

I don't really see an issue here.  90% of the people on here don't buy replicas/premieres and adidas selling authentics directly is a huge step up from the non-sense we've had to go through with Reebok.