Hockey Fights Cancer - Retail authentics

Zeshy25

Do any teams sell retail authentic versions of the hockey fights cancer jerseys?

I know replica versions are available and teams auction off the game-worn versions but, was wondering if any teams produce (or have ever produced) them? I know the NHL store in NYC doesn't carry them and neither does nhl.com. Thanks in advance. 

I was looking for one as well and could not find one. Kind of stupid if you ask me, perfect opportunity to raise money by giving a portion of the proceeds to cancer research. You wanna fight cancer, hockey? Sell the jerseys to people who want them and then donate some of the proceeds!

I ordered a replica and immediately returned it when it arrived. Thin, crappy material and an exceptionally odd fit. 

Ordered a replica and it seems lower quality than even the Reebok Premiers.

I am debating bidding on one of the game-worn ones. At $300 (starting bid for lower-end players), its not a bad deal but, my guess is that even the scrubs will get pretty expensive. 

1 minute ago, Zeshy25 said:

Ordered a replica and it seems lower quality than even the Reebok Premiers.

I am debating bidding on one of the game-worn ones. At $300 (starting bid for lower-end players), its not a bad deal but, my guess is that even the scrubs will get pretty expensive. 

You are exactly right. Which is weird, because when I bought a replica camo practice jersey last season, the quality was way better. 

Are any of the game worns being auctioned yet, I haven't seen them. I'm not entirely sure the Devils have anyone wearing my size on the roster but if they do, I may make a play for one. Why not. 

They've started auctions for the Islanders, Rangers, Blackhawks, and Ducks jerseys. Here's the link:

http://auctions.nhl.com/iSynApp/allAuction.action?sid=1100803&rc=20&selectedCatId=11904&sort=timeleft_asc&query=&layout=grid&pgcust1=hfc16&pgcust2=partner&pgcust3=panname_keyword_s&pgmode1=featured&pgmode2=&qMode=open&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=panname_keyword_s&qt[0].value1=hfc16&&rs=80

I am almost considering buying a lower-end Ducks jersey as they will be likely be cheaper and then stripping the crest, name and numbers.

Would this be a foul/ frowned upon/ difficult to do?

7 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

I am almost considering buying a lower-end Ducks jersey as they will be likely be cheaper and then stripping the crest, name and numbers.

Would this be a foul/ frowned upon/ difficult to do?

To make a Rangers jersey?  Sounds like a lot of work.  What kind of price delta are you expecting?

I always forget they don't tell you the sizes. These auctions are not for people who intend to wear jerseys. Moreover, all of them have the same picture of a size 52. Bet I could get the Luke Gazdic GI one pretty cheap, he's a bigger guy, not sure if its worth the risk. We will see. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I always forget they don't tell you the sizes. These auctions are not for people who intend to wear jerseys. Moreover, all of them have the same picture of a size 52. Bet I could get the Luke Gazdic GI one pretty cheap, he's a bigger guy, not sure if its worth the risk. We will see. 

I would actually say the opposite.  Last year I probably saw half of the HFC Devils jerseys on people wearing them at the Rock.  Collectors don't really buy these, fans do so they want to get as much bang for their buck.

35 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I would actually say the opposite.  Last year I probably saw half of the HFC Devils jerseys on people wearing them at the Rock.  Collectors don't really buy these, fans do so they want to get as much bang for their buck.

Common sense dictates, if they were meant for people to buy to wear, they would list the sizes. 

I am sure plenty of people do actually wear them, but that is obviously not NHL's concern when writing these listings.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Common sense dictates, if they were meant for people to buy to wear, they would list the sizes. 

I am sure plenty of people do actually wear them, but that is obviously not NHL's concern when writing these listings.

Sizes were listed in last year's auction.  You can thank Fanatics for their half-assed approach to listing these things this year.

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not in the camouflage jersey auction they weren't. Was that Fanatics as well?

I think both of last year's Devils HFC and camo jerseys were done by the team and not Meigray.  I want to say I remember seeing sizes on the HFC last year, but now I am thinking I might be mistaken.  I do agree and remember the camo's not having sizes associated with them.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I think both of last year's Devils HFC and camo jerseys were done by the team and not Meigray.  I want to say I remember seeing sizes on the HFC last year, but now I am thinking I might be mistaken.  I do agree and remember the camo's not having sizes associated with them.

I do as well, same reason I didn't bid on one of those. 

Only one I feel safe with is Gazdic, and at the end of the day, do I want a $200 (minimum) pink/purple Gazdic jersey?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I do as well, same reason I didn't bid on one of those. 

Only one I feel safe with is Gazdic, and at the end of the day, do I want a $200 (minimum) pink/purple Gazdic jersey?

Exactly and unless you think you will love it to death I would just pass.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Exactly and unless you think you will love it to death I would just pass.

I wouldn't. Curious if it would strip, however. When I had this same issue with the Camo jerseys last year, I asked Josh at EPS about them, and he told me that they had so little time to prepare them, the numbers were just heavily glued down and not stitched. His opinion is that there was no way the numbers were coming off. 

I sent him an e-mail to see what he says. Even still, even if I manage to get it for $200, strip it, and then pay $65 to re-do, that is a lot to put in. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn't. Curious if it would strip, however. When I had this same issue with the Camo jerseys last year, I asked Josh at EPS about them, and he told me that they had so little time to prepare them, the numbers were just heavily glued down and not stitched. His opinion is that there was no way the numbers were coming off. 

I sent him an e-mail to see what he says. Even still, even if I manage to get it for $200, strip it, and then pay $65 to re-do, that is a lot to put in. 

That is a lot for essentially a pink practice jersey.

As a gamer collector, warmups just don't do it for me.  This is why I passed on the items in Classic Auctions NHLPA charity auction a couple months back.  It was all warmup sets which to me are glorified GI's.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

That is a lot for essentially a pink practice jersey.

As a gamer collector, warmups just don't do it for me.  This is why I passed on the items in Classic Auctions NHLPA charity auction a couple months back.  It was all warmup sets which to me are glorified GI's.

I can understand that. the fact that they were worn in warmups means nothing to me, I would prefer a retail authentic. That is why I am most likely priced out.

The reason I DO like warmup jerseys is it gives me an opportunity to add something different to my collection. While I love the Devils regular jerseys, I have plenty of them. I find it fun to try to collect oddball things like the camo practice jersey (I settled on a replica last year, as noted previously they were WAY better quality than this years HFC replicas, heavier material, a sewn on crest, etc.). 

A pink jersey is completely oddball, which means I might consider one. At least I know my daughter would get a kick out of it, plus money going to cancer research is always a good thing as well. Based on that I could PROBABLY just about justify the opening bid. 

Confirmed with Josh that the Devils jerseys were done the regular way and should be strippable. 

Decided to place a low level bid. Now make sure none of you is a Gazdic and tries to outbid me!

Edited by mfitz804

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The reason I DO like warmup jerseys is it gives me an opportunity to add something different to my collection. While I love the Devils regular jerseys, I have plenty of them. I find it fun to try to collect oddball things like the camo practice jersey (I settled on a replica last year, as noted previously they were WAY better quality than this years HFC replicas, heavier material, a sewn on crest, etc.). 

I love my camo jersey.  Funny thing is, if it were released as a fashion jersey, I wouldn't even consider it.  But the fact that the team wore them in one warmup makes all the difference, I guess.   :rolleyes:  *shrug*

2 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I love my camo jersey.  Funny thing is, if it were released as a fashion jersey, I wouldn't even consider it.  But the fact that the team wore them in one warmup makes all the difference, I guess.   :rolleyes:  *shrug*

Which one did you get?

Oh and I just put in a $500 max bid on the Gazdic.

21 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Which one did you get?

Oh and I just put in a $500 max bid on the Gazdic.

You're such a Gazdic-head. :D

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You're such a Gazdic-head. :D

lol don't worry.  I don't think his own family would bid that much for it.

34 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol don't worry.  I don't think his own family would bid that much for it.

No I suppose not. I figure someone may just bid on it because its the lowest one.