HELP!!! Small spots on my new Pooh Bear!

Hey guys. I've been away for awhile, but glad to be back for sure :-). So much knowledge on this site!

I had just recently bought an authentic Bruins 'Pooh Bear' jersey... customized as and signed by Ray Bourque... and there HAS TO BE a few small spots on the front! Seriously?!... How can one expect to get something so near and dear to one's heart only to have theirs torn in half?!

My question to anyone who may care to chime in (I only have limited info- almost none), are there any 'go-to' methods that you guys have found to get small spots or stains out of jerseys? I did try to use a kitchen towel with some warm water and light pressure back and forth to see if I could get it out, and it did little to nothing to fix it.

Since its a sublimated jersey, the stain is not deep enough to have discolored the white inside though. This is promising to me at least.

I don't know what's caused it and neither does the seller supposedly- he claims he wasn't even aware of it. It's not hugely apparent but just enough to bug the hell out of me (I know its there. That's enough for me). I had to look over the jersey really well to see it, as I always do with new sweaters.

I haven't taken any photos of the spot(s) yet, but I will/can if needed. I know it'd help of course.

Let me know. Any ideas or insights about trying to get it out (without washing of course), opinions on keeping it vs. sending back, etc., would help immensely.

Thanks guys!!!

- Josh

Using a Tide To Go pen can be helpful; follow it up with a warm, damp towel just to make sure you get all the soap out so you don't get spotting from that. 

Liquid Dawn dish soap works too, just don't use more than you can blot out with the damp towel. 

It may not work, but it definitely won't hurt and it's a great first step. 

If it's signed in sharpie, just spot treat the stain with Shout and let it soak in. turn the jersey inside out and wash it on gentile cycle with cold water. Dry on low for about 10 minutes and hang dry for the rest. Nothing will fade that sharpie...I've washed signed jerseys multiple times...even with holograms on the numbers.

I was thinking the same thing... Tide pen, dish soap, or a little bit of pretreat.    The only problem with washing is the tags are still attached and I'm not willing to take em off.  I was told it was signed with a paint pen too... Not a regular sharpie. 

No offense, but i haven't heard of a single person washing their signed jerseys.  I'm so apprehensive to do so, that it most likely will not happen.   My options are limited to what can be done avoiding a washing machine 100%.

I was hoping someone could maybe help clarify something about the tags on this jersey too. The jersey is a KOHO, and i know there was that gap when rebook took over and used their jerseys. But my question refers to what's printed on the tag- MPRO6102X.

I understand the 6100 labeled jerseys, but what's up with this? 

Any insights please???  (not to deviate from the original question of course, but what the hell, eh?) 

20 minutes ago, JMCantStopRockin said:

But my question refers to what's printed on the tag- MPRO6102X.  I understand the 6100 labeled jerseys, but what's up with this? 

It's just the product code for that style jersey.  Authentics have the PRO designation, and each team has a 3-digit code- Boston's is 102, so their 6100 series jerseys have 6102 in the code.  The same 3-digit codes are still used on the current Edge jerseys, so for example a Boston 2.0 would have 7287102 in its code.

Ahhh...  Gotcha. Certainly makes sense.  Thanks a bunch LAK74!  As for the X at the end?

I'm pretty certain it's an authentic, and i know the sig is (PSA/DNA), but i figured I'd run through to see if anyone could confirm. 

It has the tag i mentioned, everything is sewn, fight strap, but the reinforced elbows are simply a patch of material kind of hack-sewn into the inside sleeves. 

It has the black neck tag ('Authentic On Ice Game Jersey') instead of the slim blue authentic patch I've seen on a CCM authentic.  Is this just a difference between a KOHO and CCM? Is there any difference between the black tag and slim blue tag? 

And it has a date sticker on the tags, 12 02 02. I've never asked before, but I'm assuming this means it was made on 02/12/02?

On top of all of that, the material doesn't seem a whole lot thicker or heavier than my 550 pooh bear. Thicker or heavier than any typical 550... 

2 hours ago, JMCantStopRockin said:

Ahhh...  Gotcha. Certainly makes sense.  Thanks a bunch LAK74!  As for the X at the end?

For the current 2.0's, the last letter in the code refers to the jersey type.  C refers to color (home), W is white (away), T is third (alternate), and X is a special event jersey, or special third, like the Heritage Classic, or the Kings' vintage alternates.

The code letters seem different with the 6100's.  I've seen R, which I figured was road, and H, which I thought was home, and T for third, but some jerseys have other letters like A (?), or some have no letter at all.  So I don't know why the Pooh Bear alt has X in the code, as it wasn't a special event jersey.  I would have thought it should have a T, so I still haven't figured out the system yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some food for thought I guess... '02 was the first year the alt was worn.   Maybe it was marked X as how you suggested, perhaps a 'special'?...

I know you said it was for the 2.0s, but maybe for the 6100s too?  Seeing as A and the absence of one altogether is unknown at the moment....    Again, food for thought I suppose 

Edited by JMCantStopRockin

FYI for anyone of you who are looking for an authentic, bourque signed, pooh bear jersey, you can probably find it back on ebay   haha.  I sent it back.  The more I looked the more those small spots bugged me.  I'm wicked anal-retentive and i couldn't bear the thing (no pun intended).  He's asking $500 (WTF?!), but offer him $300 and he'll take it   hahaha.

I ended up getting my alternative choice,  an Avs authentic, spotless, signed by Mr. Bourque.  Much happier  :-D