Edge 1.0 vs 2.0?

Hey all quick question, I tried on a few jerseys today and noticed one of the Canadian authentics I tried on had the CCM logo underneath the Canadian flag and it didn't say 7187a. Does this mean it's a 1.0? Both of the edge 2.0's I have don't have this CCM logo and say 7187a at the bottom of the white hang tag. I tried on an Indo too and they are obviously much lower quality than any 7287 I have, also they fit much more like a premiere. The sleeves were super long compared to my Canadian made ones. Thanks!

The newer 2.0's have the CCM and no 7187 designation.

Well, when I said "newer," I meant roughly within the last 2 seasons or so.  Can't give you an exact date, unfortunately. :)

Ah ok gotcha. Thanks!! I was a little surprised how little of a difference in size there was between the 60 and a 56. Seemingly same length and sleeves were unnoticeably longer if at all. The shoulder yoke and body were the only areas substantially bigger 

58 minutes ago, Sushiroll40 said:

Ah ok gotcha. Thanks!! I was a little surprised how little of a difference in size there was between the 60 and a 56. Seemingly same length and sleeves were unnoticeably longer if at all. The shoulder yoke and body were the only areas substantially bigger 

I disagree with that, I've tried a 58 and the sleeves are at least an inch too short on me. That's why I stick to 58+/60. 

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I disagree with that, I've tried a 58 and the sleeves are at least an inch too short on me. That's why I stick to 58+/60. 

I wouldn't argue with that. Could have been this particular jersey. Not sure. I know both of my 56's fit relatively close. Maybe one had very minor shortening in sleeves. The indo edges I've tried had very long sleeves for 56. I've measured both of them and they match near perfectly to the measurements on jersey barons size chart. So I'm assuming a 58+/60 would have about a half inch extra sleeve length than a 56. 

23 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I reference the Baron's size chart too, and I swear there's a bigger difference than that when I'm wearing them. I think there is some practical variation in fit depending on the template the jersey is constructed to.

I think it has to do with how they are tapered and where the taper hits you on your body. A 58 is not much smaller than a 58+ but it's enough of a difference that I can't wear them. This is not the case with a 54-56 in a pre-Edge; I prefer the fit of a 56 but can usually wear a 54. But I go with what I like better. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think it has to do with how they are tapered and where the taper hits you on your body. A 58 is not much smaller than a 58+ but it's enough of a difference that I can't wear them. This is not the case with a 54-56 in a pre-Edge; I prefer the fit of a 56 but can usually wear a 54. But I go with what I like better. 

I agree. I tried the 60 wondering if I would enjoy the sleeve length more and to see how the body would be and it just was way too big on my frame to look good. I'm 6'4" about 230 with pretty long arms but the 60 looks huge on my shoulders, was way more there than I needed but the sleeve length was about the same as my 56, like I said slightly longer. I love the 56 on my shoulders and body. Wished the sleeves were a touch longer but they still cover my wrists and very top of my hands so it's a small tradeoff for the rest of the fit of a 56 for me. Like I said was just interested and surprised by the 60, but then again it's only one jersey and from what I hear reebok isn't the best at consistency. I'll continue buying 56 as long as it's available to me