Dealing with JerseyBaron

TheJoker1940

Ok just wondering who else has had issues with dealing with JerseyBaron? I emailed them on Nov 18th about getting a Reebok 2.0 7287 Matt Murray Jersey. Asked about being able to pick it up in person and not going through eBay. They were very prompt on answering my emails and so I ordered the jersey. Seemed like really good guys to deal with. Now I havent heard anything for the past two weeks. Ive sent numerous emails just to see whats going on with no response what so ever. I thought maybe something had happened to them.So yesterday I sent an email from another email account and pretended to be someone else asking about a jersey. They replied right away.  So needless to say I dont know what the problem is with them. Anyone else have any issues like this?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never, ever had an issue with my multiple purchases. Only thing I have ever had happen is I sent an e-mail asking about a purchase and it wound up in spam and he didn't see it. Something seems off. 

Clearly if you were having it customized, and its only been two weeks, you're jumping the gun if you expect it to be ready. But they should have replied to tell you that. 

How did you pay, by PayPal? 

He said it takes a week. I was going to meet him in person and pay him cash. Its just weird that he hasnt responded to any emails for 2 weeks but replies to another email I sent yesterday. Seemed like straight up guys

Edited by TheJoker1940

Ok just talked to them again. They said they havent received an email from me since they asked what size jersey I wanted. Guess their email is doing something weird and maybe putting my emails into spam. Hopefully we can get this all figured out.

I'm 100% certain there was just some kind of mix-up. You don't need to worry about doing business with JB, he is very good. I am glad you got an answer. 

I emailed him on eBay, turned out he lived 10 min from me. He was fine with doing a pick up and gave me a great deal as I was buying 2 2.0's.

Really nice dude.

I ordered my Gold Kopi from him the end of last season, he was fairly quick - two to three weeks, I think?

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of reasons- CC's high price (US$120, last I heard), made even worse for him  by the current USD/CAD exchange rate, dealing with cost and delay of international shipping, and highly fluctuating turnaround times, which at certain times of the year could be a few months.  He'd have to charge a whopper of a premium for Bruins customization, not to mention having to deal with other issues related to turnaround time- it's just not practical, IMO.

Plus, The Baron isn't concerned with how accurate your customizing is. He probably makes very little if anything off the customization and offers it more as a convenience. He also probably gets a better deal on cost from the shop because he brings jerseys in in bulk. 

Also, imagine trying to run a business where not only are you basically the only source of legitimate Edge jerseys for every team, but now you have to send each team's jersey to a different "official" customizer and wait for them to be done. It would be near impossible to coordinate if he sells as many jerseys as I think he sells. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Plus, The Baron isn't concerned with how accurate your customizing is. He probably makes very little if anything off the customization and offers it more as a convenience. He also probably gets a better deal on cost from the shop because he brings jerseys in in bulk. 

Also, imagine trying to run a business where not only are you basically the only source of legitimate Edge jerseys for every team, but now you have to send each team's jersey to a different "official" customizer and wait for them to be done. It would be near impossible to coordinate if he sells as many jerseys as I think he sells. 

I think I remember hearing a year or two ago someone who talked to JB said that JB told him the customized jerseys tend to sell better than the blank ones as people buy them for the convenience and not for the accuracy.  So basically your statement is pretty much spot on.

21 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think I remember hearing a year or two ago someone who talked to JB said that JB told him the customized jerseys tend to sell better than the blank ones as people buy them for the convenience and not for the accuracy.  So basically your statement is pretty much spot on.

Every once in a while, I know what I'm talking about. 

On 13/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, LAK74 said:

Lots of reasons- CC's high price (US$120, last I heard), made even worse for him  by the current USD/CAD exchange rate, dealing with cost and delay of international shipping, and highly fluctuating turnaround times, which at certain times of the year could be a few months.  He'd have to charge a whopper of a premium for Bruins customization, not to mention having to deal with other issues related to turnaround time- it's just not practical, IMO.

Thanks for the information :)

So F cing annoying, why do the Bruins have to be the "Special kid" 

Don´t understand why the teams in the NHL have to use so many customizers ?

much easier in MLB, no matter what jersey you buy from mlb store/fanatics you get the correct font !

Edited by tomtucker

10 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Should be slightly thicker.

That's what she said.

That is correct, though, font is not accurate. 

Thanks.....and oh man , really hard to tell on photos, i have a few white jerseys which i got from the devils den back in the glory days. but i can´t get a catalog now or even download one, for some reason......... perhaps they are gone, facebook page hasn't been updated since 2012, wtf

two questions: letter thickness can´t be off by more than a millimeter or two can they? and the numbers seems to be correct?

Edited by tomtucker

The white portion of the letters needs to be thicker so that less of the black outline shows.  It might not be much more than a millimeter off but you can really see the difference.  Gamer:

IMG_6874_zps68ev2rja.jpg

Not sure of the difference in terms of measurements. It's passable if you don't compare it and don't know any better. 

I'd get it blank and send it to EPS. In fact, I just did that. 

EDIT: great comparison picture. As you can see, it's even further off than I thought. 

Edited by mfitz804

I haven't been down to that end of The Rock in the last two seasons, but as far as I know, yes. And their customization sucks, so you can't go by that anyway. 

I think that is a prop, not his game jersey. Has to be, the font on the name is incorrect. Top hole in the 9 also looks more square in the first one and slightly more rectangular in the second.