Dealing with JerseyBaron

TheJoker1940

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9's are also missing those diagonal clips on some of the interior corners.

I just saw a good shot of the back of Taylor's jersey and both of those are all kinds of wrong.

Edited by mfitz804

On 12/17/2016 at 8:25 PM, mfitz804 said:

I think that is a prop, not his game jersey. Has to be, the font on the name is incorrect. Top hole in the 9 also looks more square in the first one and slightly more rectangular in the second. 

You are right, that is the Indo-Edge the Devils used to introduce Taylor Hall that was done by the equipment manager/Devils Den and not EPS.  His gamer jerseys are different.

31 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

I see, but why does the baron not send the jerseys to EPS then?

Cost and turnaround time  

He's in Toronto. EPS is in Illinois and charge in USD. I'm sure he can get his bulk work done locally for much less than $55-$65 USD

9 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

And not wait three months to get his stuff back.

Exactly. eBay buyers would not be happy waiting that long.

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

I see, but why does the baron not send the jerseys to EPS then?

Because as I said previously, it would be impossible for him to use the on-ice providers for every team. That would be a logistical nightmare. Plus, he sells the customized ones mostly to eBay users. Serious (psychotic) collectors like us know what we need to do for accuracy's sake. 

22 minutes ago, SirBrad said:

Seems like I need to start dealing with the Baron off of Ebay to save me some coin.

It makes no sense not to. You get the same jersey in the same time, but at a cheaper price. You still use PayPal so you're still protected, not that you need that protection because he's more than reputable.

The above being true, makes no sense to go through eBay.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 9:47 PM, mfitz804 said:

It makes no sense not to. You get the same jersey in the same time, but at a cheaper price. You still use PayPal so you're still protected, not that you need that protection because he's more than reputable.

How much does the Baron sell typical blanks for outside of eBay? Does he give price breaks for multiples?

8 minutes ago, _Rob said:

How much does the Baron sell typical blanks for outside of eBay? Does he give price breaks for multiples?

Depends on what blank it is, and in my experience, no bulk discount. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 3:47 AM, mfitz804 said:

What happens if the postal service loses your package, does paypal refund your money or do the baron send another jersey

32 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

What happens if the postal service loses your package, does paypal refund your money or do the baron send another jersey

Depends if it was ent with insurance than its up to the postal service ,if not go thru paypal 

55 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Not sure as that would be up to the Baron, but in the event it was not delivered, I believe your purchase is protected by PayPal. You don't need to worry about an insurance claim, I believe all you have to show is that it wasn't received (i.e. if he has tracking that says it was, you are SOL). 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sure as that would be up to the Baron, but in the event it was not delivered, I believe your purchase is protected by PayPal. You don't need to worry about an insurance claim, I believe all you have to show is that it wasn't received (i.e. if he has tracking that says it was, you are SOL). 

If you buy something and it gets lost somewhere before delivery, pretty sure ebay/paypal/any cc company will side with you 100% of the time. It's still the seller's responsibility at that stage.

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Right thanks...... But you want your jersey, so it´s easier for the Baron to send another jersey, if there are any left ! 

It's easier for you...maybe not for him to send you an additional $300 jersey. He'd be losing the money either way, but one way he loses one jersey from his inventory and the other way, two. Not sure what he'd do, but I sure wouldn't be in a rush to send out more merchandise if I were him. 

Especially since "lost" USPS packages turn up more often than they don't, and then he'd have to rely on the buyer being honest, which unfortunately you can't rely on. 

Edited by mfitz804

I really like the Jersey Baron so far. I purchased a McDavid Authentic earlier this month and he (I like to think JB is one person) is really good at communicating and I was able to get him to add the 100th year patch on the jersey about a week or so after ordering and he was very accommodating of it. I can't wait to see it in person. 

Thought I would debrief folks on my recent experience. I use to think JB was actually just one dude because it was always the same person writing to me (Michael). Recently, I have been having lots of trouble getting responses and when I finally did, the person communicating told me Michael was off and they tend to assign salespeople to customers, which means Michael is assigned to me and nobody else can get back to me. As far as I know, Michael still isn't back because the lack of communication persists. 

So because of that, my emails have been ignored for the better part of a month. It's been extremely frustrating and aggravating, as just like a lot of you, I have been a loyal customer of theirs. 

I've been having some slight communication issues too. They are getting back to me, but not quickly. Been asking for an invoice for 2 jerseys for 3 days now.