What do teams typically do with emergency signing players' jerseys?

TheKevinShow

1 hour ago, chow_hound said:

The guy has a "Philly Proud" moniker on his mask backplate so you guys are probably right in that a local shop made up a nameplate on hawks red colored material. Either that or Chicago just doesnt give a . 

Isn't the story that he actually worked in a pro-shop? He may have done it himself!

• 2 months later...

This dude got to backup the Flyers backup tonight. Mason was out sick, so Neuvirth got the start and Stolarz was recalled as backup. Neuvirth fainted in the 1st and was stretchered off the ice. Stolarz came in and they picked up the phone and called Semborski. He wore #49 with no nameplate. He's even got Blackhawks graphics on his gear ?

emergency-backup-goaltender-eric-sembors

Edited by jsh139

So the Flyers guy who backed up the Blackhawks in a Flyers font Hawks jersey now uses his Hawks gear to back up the Flyers?  :lol:

OK - so while the (pesky) rules meant he was even less likely to actually see any game time than in his one-day stint with the Blackhawks, at least the Flyers got into the spirit of it, and got him on the ice to get a few stick taps from the players. Great photos and gifs doing the rounds already.

Given refs can't diagnose injuries, how much do you think anyone would have looked into it if Stolarz had claimed to have hurt his hand or pulled a muscle? Although that might have cheapened the whole thing. As it is, it's still part 2 of a really cool story...

Good publicity for the Flyers, but it seemed like the Blackhawks gave him loads of kit and flew him out to Chicago - what are the Flyers gonna do to beat that?

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

So the Flyers guy who backed up the Blackhawks in a Flyers font Hawks jersey now uses his Hawks gear to back up the Flyers?  :lol:

Haha, ya do what ya gotta do!

3 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

No but the ref can say he wasn't on the team sheet at the start of the game. 

But if Stolarz were to be injured (or say he was injured), that would have been grounds for him to come on, wouldn't it?

Anyone know what the penalty would have been if the Flyers had left him out there when play resumed? (I suspect fielding an ineligible player, regardless of circumstance probably carries a reasonably large penalty).

5 hours ago, Ash said:

OK - so while the (pesky) rules meant he was even less likely to actually see any game time than in his one-day stint with the Blackhawks, at least the Flyers got into the spirit of it, and got him on the ice to get a few stick taps from the players. Great photos and gifs doing the rounds already.

Given refs can't diagnose injuries, how much do you think anyone would have looked into it if Stolarz had claimed to have hurt his hand or pulled a muscle? Although that might have cheapened the whole thing. As it is, it's still part 2 of a really cool story...

Good publicity for the Flyers, but it seemed like the Blackhawks gave him loads of kit and flew him out to Chicago - what are the Flyers gonna do to beat that?

Yeah, that was cool of them to try and get him into the actual game.  It's obviously a dream come true either way.  The Blackhawks didn't fly him out to Chicago.  He backed up Darling here in Philly.  Flyers were wearing their 50th jerseys so the Hawks wore their reds.

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

But if Stolarz were to be injured (or say he was injured), that would have been grounds for him to come on, wouldn't it?

Anyone know what the penalty would have been if the Flyers had left him out there when play resumed? (I suspect fielding an ineligible player, regardless of circumstance probably carries a reasonably large penalty).

Yeah, if Stolie had claimed an injury, he would have been allowed in.  No idea what the penalty would have been.  I assume the refs would have not allowed play to even resume until he left the ice.

57 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, if Stolie had claimed an injury, he would have been allowed in.  No idea what the penalty would have been.  I assume the refs would have not allowed play to even resume until he left the ice.

He was in the building having been called as an emergency backup because they didn't know if Stolarz could get there in time. I suspect that had he been needed, he'd have been permitted to play on an emergency basis. 

Maybe the Devils could have actually scored a goal. 

Same guy backed up for the Black hawks during a Flyers game .I think I read for payment the Blackhawks gave him all new gear thats why it has Chicago Logo .

He even did a public signing in Philly after the game at CARLS Card shop . 

7 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, that was cool of them to try and get him into the actual game.  It's obviously a dream come true either way.  The Blackhawks didn't fly him out to Chicago.  He backed up Darling here in Philly.  Flyers were wearing their 50th jerseys so the Hawks wore their reds.

No, I don't mean they flew him to Chicago for that first match - He became something of a minor celebrity with all the publicity and the Blackhawks were more than keen to capitalize on that, flying him out afterwards and giving him goaltending gear...

4 hours ago, Ash said:

No, I don't mean they flew him to Chicago for that first match - He became something of a minor celebrity with all the publicity and the Blackhawks were more than keen to capitalize on that, flying him out afterwards and giving him goaltending gear...

Ah. Didn't know they did that for him. That's awesome.